First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I’ve been getting lots of interest & questions about how I mounted my center lights on my modular bumper. Instead of making some long story I made a short video on the details. Below my video description I’ll have links to the products you'll need. Let me know if you guys have any other questions. Hope this helps.

E108FED0-7726-4206-9A5A-EB6A1F561475.jpeg
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very nice!

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it OK to block that area where you mounted the lights? I always wondered if it was or if that space was needed for airflow to the engine/intercooler, etc.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it OK to block that area where you mounted the lights? I always wondered if it was or if that space was needed for airflow to the engine/intercooler, etc.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to block the airflow there, especially in hot climates. Don't know if it is a problem or not, but seems like I remember something from Ford showing that area in red and warning about blocking.

OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not going to cause any issues, you do know there’s a shutter right behind these lights that closes & opens right? That means at some point it completely blocks off all airflow.
You guys do know there’s an active grill shutter behind these lights. That means at some point it completely closes off all airflow to the radiator/cooler for better fuel mileage. Having these lights here is not going to cause any issues.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, probably fine, but I doubt those vents close any during a TX summer and you can bet your turbo system won't be covered under warranty if you have a problem. I guess at best it just won't cool intake air and will only degrade performance.

Not sure where this comes from, but I've seen it referenced several times:

Ford Bronco Center lights mounted on my modular bumper. How-to DIY video 1677829833165

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve been getting lots of interest & questions about how I mounted my center lights on my modular bumper. Instead of making some long story I made a short video on the details. Below my video description I’ll have links to the products you'll need. Let me know if you guys have any other questions. Hope this helps.

Ford Bronco Center lights mounted on my modular bumper. How-to DIY video 1677829833165
Did you toss the skid plate?
Those look dope... Intercooler performance?

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There’s no way I put lights there!
I agree, the shutters are there for a reason and open and close by the ECU based on engine and intercooler temperatures. Blocking them with anything changes the airflow design and could potentially be asking for trouble.

Aradmcc

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't live in a state with a front license plate, but wouldn't a front license plate also be located in the same spot. Not talking about the lighting, but more about the airflow issue.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't live in a state with a front license plate, but wouldn't a front license plate also be located in the same spot. Not talking about the lighting, but more about the airflow issue.

I guess it would if you put it there, but I haven't seen anyone doing that.
Above, below, or to the side of that area is where they are being mounted.

OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There’s no way I put lights there!
That’s fine you can just be like everybody
License plates man I’ve seen winches that have been going in the same area lol. You think these little lights are going to cause any issues. People just like to talk to talk I guess. Thanks for the input.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with Baja Designs S1 pods. Much smaller but give off a ton of light if airflow is a concern.

Ford Bronco Center lights mounted on my modular bumper. How-to DIY video CC1FD0BE-9CDC-4C97-90A9-17DB5DB2E807

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool look but you are blocking the intercooler, so pumping hot air into the engine will reduce power output.