First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When the Longhorns beat the Sooners again.

Had to laugh at your username. Good stuff.
Hahaha, well you know, that game belongs to whoever wants it more! Itā€™s always a battle. Thank you for the like lol!

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course Broncos don't have a Chip problem. You have to build Broncos in order to have a Chip problem.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sometimes think too many of us are incapable of holding two competing thoughts in our head at the same time. That leads to a lot of hand-wringing, weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth ā€” and that clutters too many threads.

The way I see it, we can rightly criticize Ford in some areas while simultaneously acknowledging that some percentage of whatā€™s happening is just par for the course given the global blankety-blank show that was 2020.

thought #1: Ford has been affected by a myriad of supply chain, commodity, and labor issues that were largely beyond their control.

thought #2: Ford has done a terrible job in the communication department and also made self-induced errors that are contributing to some percentage of the delays we are seeing.

Ford is both a victim and a perpetrator. They are neither entirely at fault or completely blameless.

Wait. Donā€™t wait. Your choice.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I said safe as Saban at mid-season 2009. Turnarounds donā€™t happen overnight. (Remember, Saban's first team at Bama lost 4 of its last 5 games, including a 6th straight loss to Auburn, and ended the season 7-6.) He didnā€˜t get a statue until later, but you would have to agree that his job was pretty secure by mid-season 2009.
I remember 2009. Sugar Bowl specifically. šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess when you shut down all production you have it under control, this mess will continue into the 1st Q of 2022. More delays to come, and the poor Bronco buyers also have so many other shortages besides chips, I would not hold my breath.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My company has 5 Fleet F350s sitting there right now...we're hoping August. We even tried Chevy...no fleet trucks avail either.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So is he more like Kendall, Roman or Greg The Egg?

Talk about a fall from grace

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. However would submit the run up on the stock price also had a lot to do with 200k Bronco and Lightening reservations which were in development or announced before farleys arrival. See the pop in Ford stock after Bronco and Lightning launches.
Farley didnā€™t just parachute into Dearborn in October. Heā€™s been at Ford since 2007. For several years, he was Chief Operating Officer, basically doing all of the heavy lifting for CEO Jim Hackett, the Steelcase cabinet-maker :rolleyes:, who was kicked to the curb to let Farley take command. Farley helped guide the company through the development of the Mustang Mach-E, Bronco 6G, F-150 14G, and the Lightning.

The run-up in the stock price over the last 8 months was largely due to investors recognizing the strong, new product pipeline and the unexpected earnings beats in Q4 2020 ($0.34 actual vs. -$0.07 Street estimate) and Q1 2021 ($0.89 actual vs. $0.21 Street estimate), the first two quarters under Farleyā€™s tenure as CEO.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Renesas plant burning is real and had a major impact to certain auto-makers, but you are right that it is far from the only chip supply problem. The Japanese government stepped in to help secure replacement equipment and full production is expected to be back online soon. The bad news is that it typically takes about 2 months to produce and deliver automotive grade chips, so that means end of July for parts. Then add a month for chips to be integrated in modules and finally installed in truck.
At least the chips are being made in Japan where QA is usually a high priority. Slightly less concern about getting half-assed parts from machinery that isn't fully dialed in yet after new installation.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a tough read. Clearly wasn't checked for errors.
Clearly, and what else is clear, is that no one gives a shit today about the work that they put out there. Horrible writing.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Renesas fire that destroyed the Naka 3 plantā€™s 300mm wafer fabrication line in Japan on March 19, 2021 clearly exacerbated an already tight chip supply chain post-COVID. Renesas accounts for 30% of the global market for automotive microcontroller units, and that plant was a single-source supplier for some of Fordā€™s chips and a dual-source supplier for others. Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, and others were also affected by the fire.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/technology/the-world-is-short-of-computer-chips-here-s-why-quicktake
This explains it all.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baloney. The facts surrounding the chip shortage has little to do with a chip plant burning.

[...]

Does anyone really believe Ford would be suffering a chip shortage if one overseas plant became disabled?
The Renesas fire that destroyed the Naka 3 plantā€™s 300mm wafer fabrication line in Japan on March 19, 2021 clearly exacerbated an already tight chip supply chain post-COVID. Renesas accounts for 30% of the global market for automotive microcontroller units, and that plant was a single-source supplier for some of Fordā€™s chips and a dual-source supplier for others. Volkswagen, Mercedes Benz, and others were also affected by the fire.
ā€œA plant in Japan run by Renesas Electronics Corp., a major provider of automotive chips, was damaged by fire in March, disrupting production for weeks.ā€œ

Source: BloombergQuint
Thanks for the confirmation.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Lux package (chock full of all kinds of chips) was originally schedule for 6/7 which implies they had all of the parts and chips to build my rig on that date.

Going by his release, my shift to 6/28 could be from the rearrangement of employee holiday time to now instead of 3rd quarter. They are shutting it down now during a lower build period so that they can keep people in (i.e. not on the beach) during full production months.
Sponsored