Phyguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 SVT Ford Raptor, 2018 F250 6.7L PS Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thoughts on Ceramic Coating for paint protection?
Thanks,
Matt
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thoughts on Ceramic Coating for paint protection?
Thanks,
Matt
I had our new Expedition ceramic coated when we took delivery last fall. I think itā€™s a worthwhile investment. I use a ceramic detailer after running it through the car wash. Shines like a diamond! Iā€™ll do the same when my Bronco arrives next month.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I recently had an Opti-coat Pro ceramic coating done on the Bronco and couldnā€™t be happier. Keeps a great shine and water beads right up on it. $1300 cost and comes with a 5yr warranty.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They work but a lot of places overcharge for them IMO. Depending upon how much paint correction needs to be done, it takes about 1.5-3 hours to do the job. I do it myself as I have the tools and ability and the going rate seems to be $600-$1,300. Way too much for a couple hours of my time. Adams sell's a quality kit for about $85 and I've used less expensive ceramic coatings on my boat with great results. CQuartz UK is about the same price as the Adams and is outstanding as well.

Another option is to have someone detail/paint correct your car for about $350 and do the ceramic coat yourself in about 30 minutes.

The quick version.

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They work but a lot of places overcharge for them IMO. Depending upon how much paint correction needs to be done, it takes about 1.5-3 hours to do the job. I do it myself as I have the tools and ability and the going rate seems to be $600-$1,300. Way too much for a couple hours of my time. Adams sell's a quality kit for about $85 and I've used less expensive ceramic coatings on my boat with great results.

Another option is to have someone detail/paint correct your car for about $350 and do the ceramic coat yourself in about 30 minutes.

The quick version.

My guy did my wifeā€™s Expedition, including paint correction, for $750. I didnā€™t think that was a bad deal. Heā€™ll do my Bronco when it arrives next month. If I had a garage, Iā€™d probably do it myself.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canā€™t beat Turtle Wax Graphene for the money. Similar protection as pro products at a fraction of the cost. Super easy to apply. Just spray on and wash off. Will last up to a year and indefinitely if you apply after each wash.

https://a.co/d/7yvF2YS

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I opted for a clear wrap instead of ceramic. My rational is that a wrap is more substantial and absorbs impact more while ceramic is more for clear coat protection. For a tall box Iā€™m expecting a ton of rock chips. Wraps are more expensive by 50% usually but they last double the amount of time.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My guy did my wifeā€™s Expedition, including paint correction, for $750. I didnā€™t think that was a bad deal. Heā€™ll do my Bronco when it arrives next month. If I had a garage, Iā€™d probably do it myself.
$750 is fair and many donā€™t have the space, time, or havenā€™t mastered paint correction so they really should pay someone to do it. Itā€™s therapeutic for me to clean and detail a car or especially a boat. I actually enjoy it especially if I can do it at my leisure.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A ceramic coating will not stop paint from being scratched or chipped, it will make it easier to clean but if you want protection get it with Paint Protection Film. A lot of films have either a hydrophobic coating or even a built in ceramic coating.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ceramic coatings are great but I recommend applying it yourself and saving $1000+ if that's an option. Don't forget that they require some upkeep/maintenance and won't last as long if you're always going to be parked outside or going through car washes vs washing by hand.

If your Bronco hasn't arrived yet, ask the dealer to not wash it or apply any sealants to it. This way they won't create any swirl marks in the paint or add anything to it that would require a full paint correction before the coating goes on.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First vehicle I've had ceramic coated...and love it. So easy to keep clean and so easy to wash. Here's a pic I took while in the National Forest with gravel and dirt roads....still looks clean.

broncodozer (1).jpeg

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A ceramic coating will not stop paint from being scratched or chipped, it will make it easier to clean but if you want protection get it with Paint Protection Film. A lot of films have either a hydrophobic coating or even a built in ceramic coating.
I donā€™t plan on ā€œpin stripingā€ my rig. Beach runs and wicked easy trails. šŸ˜Ž

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I donā€™t plan on ā€œpin stripingā€ my rig. Beach runs and wicked easy trails. šŸ˜Ž
Fair enough, I would suggest a full front PPF just to prevent rock chips and bug guts killing the paint. There are kits made for consumers and to be honest the Bronco isnā€™t a hard vehicle to do. Prep is the biggest part with PPF so you donā€™t get dirt trapped under the film. Just donā€™t get bent over for either service. I heard the other day that a couple kids that detail cars were charging $1,500 to ceramic coat cars, crazy.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fair enough, I would suggest a full front PPF just to prevent rock chips and bug guts killing the paint. There are kits made for consumers and to be honest the Bronco isnā€™t a hard vehicle to do. Prep is the biggest part with PPF so you donā€™t get dirt trapped under the film. Just donā€™t get bent over for either service. I heard the other day that a couple kids that detail cars were charging $1,500 to ceramic coat cars, crazy.
My guy charges $750, including paint correction, and a great job..
Sponsored