First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2010 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan to ceramic coat my Bronco as soon as it hits the lot (any day now). My question for to those who have done it before on any vehicle really, is does it hurt the ceramic coating installing and uninstalling vinyl graphics?

I do vinyl on the side and plan on playing around with designs to sell. I've never ceramic coated anything before so not sure if removing the vinyl will show on the coating? I don't know where to look for the answer to this online so hoping someone has done it at some point. I guess worse case, I re-apply the coating in the area I remove the decal, but after a few times, it would get annoying.
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I plan to ceramic coat my Bronco as soon as it hits the lot (any day now). My question for to those who have done it before on any vehicle really, is does it hurt the ceramic coating installing and uninstalling vinyl graphics?

I do vinyl on the side and plan on playing around with designs to sell. I've never ceramic coated anything before so not sure if removing the vinyl will show on the coating? I don't know where to look for the answer to this online so hoping someone has done it at some point. I guess worse case, I re-apply the coating in the area I remove the decal, but after a few times, it would get annoying.
Just had mine done and they went over the decals on the vehicle with ceramic. They said it would be tough to apply decals on top of the ceramic coating so do it before and if you removed any decals later they would ceramic the spot where they were removed for free so it matches the rest of the vehicle. Only decal I have is my front fender stickers. I would do all decals prior to ceramic.

OP
OP
MiracleMan777

MiracleMan777

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2010 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just had mine done and they went over the decals on the vehicle with ceramic. They said it would be tough to apply decals on top of the ceramic coating so do it before and if you removed any decals later they would ceramic the spot where they were removed for free so it matches the rest of the vehicle. Only decal I have is my front fender stickers. I would do all decals prior to ceramic.
Thanks for the input! If I was leaving the decals on, I would definitely install them and ceramic over them. Part of my fear too was having a hard time installing over the ceramic. I may just have to use co-workers Bronco as my test pig for decals.
Sponsored