First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer will have strict instructions not to do any pre-delivery cleaning. I want the plastic wrap still on the car. I'll remove, polish as needed and do a full buff and ceramic.

One added benefit of MIC top... nothing that I need to detail is too high for me to reach!
Same... But never did a ceramic coat before. I'm fulling versed in polishing though... Rotary, orbital, a wack of pads and polished...
I DEFINITELY don't want the typical sercice wash on my new truck... You know, the 1 sudless bucket, full of grit and a push broom for scrubbing...? 😱😱😱

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Bronco
Black Diamond
Same... But never did a ceramic coat before.
I’m afraid to do “real ceramic” at home, the little bottle of liquid. If you screw it up it’s a bitch to fix. I’ve been using Chemical Guys HydroSlick followed by HydroCharge with great results. Doesn’t last as long but much easier to work with.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

I’m afraid to do “real ceramic” at home, the little bottle of liquid. If you screw it up it’s a bitch to fix. I’ve been using Chemical Guys HydroSlick followed by HydroCharge with great results. Doesn’t last as long but much easier to work with.
Yeah I’m tempted to do the ceramic myself after the ppf but not sure yet, I also have a big bottle of Gyeon wet coat… I mean when I’m not driving it it will be in shop so doubt I’d have to do much to keep it up.

Goosesoup

Outer Banks
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500 Denali, 2012 SS Camaro
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan to have (or do myself) ceramic coat the paint. Anyone else going down this road to assist with off road grime?
I am a detailer by trade, first thing I will do

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased the R1 ceramic sealant, now I am just waiting on my bronco. This will be the first vehicle I am using the ceramic coating on, and spent the extra money on R1 after experimenting with lower priced brands at Walmart. The restoration shop that did a vehicle for my dad highly recommended R1.

WuNgUn

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... It's like it has to stay "wet" for so long before removing it or something. Too long and you're f'd...?
I gotta do more research on it.
I'm definitely not paying hundreds to have someone else do it!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Bronco
Badlands
Yeah... It's like it has to stay "wet" for so long before removing it or something. Too long and you're f'd...?
I gotta do more research on it.
I'm definitely not paying hundreds to have someone else do it!
more than hundreds usually for multiple coats that supposedly last up to 5 years. I had my STi coated and it’s a game changer. Always looks wet and nothing sticks to it. The only issue I’ve had is it will still get water spots if it gets hit by sprinklers.

96081F09-EEAA-4C78-B018-0FE58C041E1F.jpeg
9B81C572-3CBD-40F4-AAA2-024872AF7F07.jpeg

WuNgUn

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

more than hundreds usually for multiple coats that supposedly last up to 5 years. I had my STi coated and it’s a game changer. Always looks wet and nothing sticks to it. The only issue I’ve had is it will still get water spots if it gets hit by sprinklers.

96081F09-EEAA-4C78-B018-0FE58C041E1F.jpeg
9B81C572-3CBD-40F4-AAA2-024872AF7F07.jpeg
Yeah, that paint pops AF!

Blaven

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use hybrid solutions ceramic by turtle wax. I'm very impressed with it.

RTLGarage

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (I also have a 1992 XLT)
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

I plan to have (or do myself) ceramic coat the paint. Anyone else going down this road to assist with off road grime?
I already have my ceramic kit ready to go. This will be the first vehicle I have done, let me know how it goes and your feedback. Sounds like it’s a necessity!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I had my Badlands professionally ceramic coated. They did a great job, even the wheels. Yeah, its a little pricey but well worth it in the long run. Makes it a breeze to keep clean.

CrazyDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Bronco
Wildtrak
I did Expel PPF and Ceramic

Advertisement

Zone Offroad
Advertisement