First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have searched numerous sites for an answer and am hoping someone here may be able to add to the discussion, but can you change the tint/hue of the manufacturer color through the process of ceramic coating. I know there are ceramic tints for windows, but are there ceramic coatings for the body of the vehicle that contain a tint? I really like the pictures of the Carbonized Gray when it appears to have a darker hue and will be having my Bronco stripped and ceramic coated right after delivery.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not that I've heard of Paul.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have searched numerous sites for an answer and am hoping someone here may be able to add to the discussion, but can you change the tint/hue of the manufacturer color through the process of ceramic coating. I know there are ceramic tints for windows, but are there ceramic coatings for the body of the vehicle that contain a tint? I really like the pictures of the Carbonized Gray when it appears to have a darker hue and will be having my Bronco stripped and ceramic coated right after delivery.
Besides the obvious of protecting the finish, it will bring out the depth of the color not change it.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if someone did make a tinted coating, I'd be concerned with how it ages and wears off. I can see it looking terrible after 2+ years which would prompt you to do it again early, kinda negating the longevity.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if someone did make a tinted coating, I'd be concerned with how it ages and wears off. I can see it looking terrible after 2+ years which would prompt you to do it again early, kinda negating the longevity.
I think a quality application will last more than a couple of years. But my son's Mercedes ceramic coating started to fail after about 4 and looked absolutely horrible when freshly washed. Patches were coated and other places not. The worst part was there was nothing we could realistically do for it at that point. He ended up trading it not because of the paint though. Now it's somebody else's problem. For something I plan on keeping till the wheels fall off, what happens years down line line does matter to me. It it were a 2-4yr lease, different story.
Sponsored