Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just wanted to get some feedback on CG and A51 from a detailing/durability viewpoint. I know it's paint and clear like most of the other paint options, but my question surrounds whether the solid/non metallics are any harder to keep looking good. Are they easier or harder to touch up? Do they age in appearance any differently than a metallic color? Just some things i was thinking about. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Metallic paints will hide minor scratches better; solid paints are easier to touch up

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Red is very difficult to color match. To my knowledge everything that has already been said is true, but matching red paint even if it isn't metallic is very difficult. I love my red Jeep, but there is a dent I refuse to fix because the shop wants to repaint a large portion of the car to get everything to blend and it just isn't that important to me to have fixed. I have heard non-metallic black and white are the easiest to color match.

Also, the darker the paint, the more scratches will show, as well as any body work that is less than perfect. This is why black is often looked at as the most difficult color to maintain.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wish Ford had paint like defender that supposedly fixed minor dents in blemishes by being exposed to heat

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest, we're down to A51 and Iconic Silver as the color options and it's hard to pass up (I know everyone has it) the silver due to the scratch situation as well as it looks semi clean even when dirty. A51 is Bronco only and may or may not age well, so I'm just trying to do some research.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks