Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious is there any color available for the bronco that is just for Bronco?
I was under the impression that cactus and Area 51 were just bronco colors....

I remember someone posting a Ford color chart on what colors were available for which model....
The color chart I saw listed Cactus Grey as .... (aka Fighter Jet Grey on Mustang).
Ford Bronco DELETE 1609040619715
Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the cactus grey for a few reasons. First is the chameleon like nature is has. Sometimes it’s grey, green or white depending on the light. I dig that about a color. Second, it’s close to white, that means no scratches will show from wheeling in the woods and hitting branches. Third, there’s no up charge.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"I'm not into grays anymore"

*10 seconds later*

"Cactus Gray is my #1 contender"
Lol, he mentioned darker grays earlier in the video.

Yeah. I used to think the same thing. I seem to recall seeing a video here, from maybe @Rick Astley , wherein the poster was at a dealership looking at the paint cards for the Bronco. In that video you can, on each paint card, see listed the other vehicles in the Ford lineup using the various colors, including Cactus Gray. Heck, even Cyber Orange is available on the e-“Mustang”. One thing I’ve struggled with is having a color that is on other Ford vehicles, so I’d pretty much have to choose Area 51 if I want a “unique” color (yes, I know there will likely be a lot of Sports and Broncs out there in that color, but no other Ford vehicle so far!).
I totally get that. I know on my Flex back in '08 when it was ordered, I wanted blue, and the only blues available for the 1st model year ('09) were "Light Ice Blue Metallic" and "Dark Ink Blue". Dark Ink Blue was much like Antimatter Blue is, in that it looked black 95% of the time unless hit by direct sunlight, and only then could you see some blue on it, so I went with Light Ice Blue (with the white roof). It was also available on other Ford models at the time, but then it turned out they dropped that color for the next model year, 2010, as it had been around for a few model years on other models, so it was time to phase it out. I wound up having a pretty exclusive color on a pretty exclusive car, as they never sold a ton of them. Bronco, of course will sell a lot more than Flex did, and it's hard to say what color they'll drop out of the rest of the lineup like what happened with Light Ice Blue, but it's possible.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it is a great color combo
AND...a true blue - just what Bronco is missing.

Mid-ish December, this MAP photo appeared. I'm holding out hope....

Ford Bronco DELETE 1609195161583

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AND...a true blue - just what Bronco is missing.

Mid-ish December, this MAP photo appeared. I'm holding out hope....

Ford Bronco DELETE 1609195161583
But that is the one-off, New Blue. On a wooden skid and not a metal factory skid, it makes me believe that this will be Farley's ride.
Sponsored