Sponsored

Chances of V6 becoming a manual instead of the automatic??

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do y’all think come 2022 we could possibly see the V6 becoming a manual instead of the automatic??
No, consider what Ford did, they had a manual designed for the 2.3, essentially an orphan configuration for just the Bronco. With the pricing and options forcing people away from the manual, it is like they don't want to go through the trouble of making it. if they were serious about offering a manual, they would have made it for the 2.7 across trim lines to start. Before people start quoting that BS from Ford about low take rates, the development costs would have been similar for the 2.7 AND they have a second vehicle with that engine and a transfer case, similar weight as well. A 2.7 manual set up for a Bronco might have relatively easily been carried into the F-150, where millions of units are sold every year. Low take rate or not, a half ton 4x4 with a manual transmission would have picked up extra sales, a lot of extra sales every year. A shit ton more than a manual 2.3 Bronco would have in a decade of production. Ford seems to have offered the manual as a gimmick, hoped to be done with it in a couple years of low sales, otherwise they would have mated it to the 2.7 and offered it in the F-150 as well. Ford isn't dumb, they chose to pass on those potential sales, maybe emissions are harder to pass with a manual on the 2.7, maybe the drivetrain after the transmission couldn't take the shock loads that a manual might cause (the auto is not going to drop a clutch at 2000 RPM...), there has to be a reason they picked the least cost effective, from an amortization aspect, engine for the manual. Whatever the reason(s), they still exist. Ford will not offer the manual with the V6.
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You answered your own question before you posted this thread.
The answer is “Maybe”.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Expect 2023 to be dropping the manual. The warthog will probably be automatic 4 door only. A manual is not a money maker for ford. It is a bargain option.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m on the fence with going through with the reservation order altogether, with jeep I can get everything I want minus the bs just for around the same price v6 manual, same color body fenders, and same color hard top to list a few, on the other side with bronco it’s new it’s something we haven’t seen on the road in mainstream it’s nice looking but I have to go with specific trims to get what I want, and that’s IF I can get what I want which brings me to this. If your paying 50-60k for a vehicle shouldn’t you get what your paying for not some beat around the bush to get fucked bs? Was feeling that bronco vibes but I’m just not seeing what’s keeping me around...??‍♀
Thanks to Ford's option changes and there lack of, I have to move on to the fence as well. Spending $55K is a lot of money and not get what you want does not make sense. A Jeep Rubicon or Jeep Grand Cherokee/Summit is an equivalent to the WT.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
But....
It’s a ...Jeep.....
?
It's a Fiat. Italian engineering at is finest...

Ford would rather get rid of the manual outright. The only reason they offered it to begin with. Was to get as many buyers as possible.

What I would love to know is why didn't Ford just offer the 2.7 with auto and manual? Ditch the 2.3 completely.
This is a totally new transmission. Maybe they will once they figure out whether or not it can take the torque of a larger engine they may. Too many unknowns with a new drive train component. I like dependable, the 2.7 10 speed is proven...

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s what I’ve been messing with for about a week now bc of Fords hit and miss bs ?
I too am in this boat. I really, really want a Bronco, but I REALLY REALLY want a manual. The thing keeping me on team From is the likelihood that they will eventually release a tune for the 2.3 like they do for the Ranger, but I wish they better understood the enthusiast community and that OF COURSE we want both a stick and a more powerful motor
Sponsored