Sponsored

Change order before 'scheduled' notification or VIN assigned? (original placed before 03-19)

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was at Chicago South event late last week; BL 4 door manual in Area 51 and a 1st Edition Sas 4 door in Cactus. Even better in person.

I originally ordered a BB 2 door and decided I really want the MGV and washout interior; it; I changed to a BD today. My dealer sales person said that making a change will likely push delivery to 2022 (but he was not 100% sure). I decided to do it anyhow because I haven't ever lived with cloth seats! Vinyl or leather....

Is there a definitive answer?
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Changes won't delay it but options you select may.

I think the only thing you can add to the BD and have a potential delay is: 2D, SAS, and 2.7. The confirmed 22's delays that will push no matter what are MOD/Dual roof and Mansquach.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JT, there are so many variables it's hard to say when it will be built. There are options on constraint, i.e. Lux, tow, hardtop, 2.7L, etc. Then you have to figure in your dealers allocations which could affect the delivery date. So the hard answer is maybe yes, maybe no. I wish I could tell you better, but it's just hard to tell. What is your reservation date?

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was at Chicago South event late last week; BL 4 door manual in Area 51 and a 1st Edition Sas 4 door in Cactus. Even better in person.

I originally ordered a BB 2 door and decided I really want the MGV and washout interior; it; I changed to a BD today. My dealer sales person said that making a change will likely push delivery to 2022 (but he was not 100% sure). I decided to do it anyhow because I haven't ever lived with cloth seats! Vinyl or leather....

Is there a definitive answer?
Based on all the conversations here you are able to make changes prior to your VIN being assigned without pushing you to MY22 automatically. Not to say if you add in commodity issue items you may not get pushed back.

I believe Ford even noted it in a publication I'm sure someone has the screen shot.

OP
OP

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BD 2 door manual. Added alloy wheels, floor liners and wheel lock. Initial order 03-18; reserved 03-14

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Based on all the conversations here you are able to make changes prior to your VIN being assigned without pushing you to MY22 automatically. Not to say if you add in commodity issue items you may not get pushed back.

I believe Ford even noted it in a publication I'm sure someone has the screen shot.
That's right, and my dealer confirmed that. Once you get a VIN/Scheduled production date you are locked in, until then change away.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The only delay that a like-for-like BD will have over a BB will be the Modular Front Bumper. I wouldn't sweat it, your timestamp will be more important.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD 2 door manual. Added alloy wheels, floor liners and wheel lock.
You were 2d before so no potential delay beyond what you're original was. 2D may be slower to produce for some reason. Everything else is no delay.

Are you doing SAS? If not you're good.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just changed mine officially about 30 minutes ago and received an updated order sheet from Ford. Still notes a 2021. No change to my priority code.

OP
OP

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My new order summary from dealer shows PRIORITY CODE 19 just like my original FWIW.

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s possible but who knows. I added leather seats on 4/12. Missed the emails on 4/15, but was able to get the scheduled email on 4/22. It likely all depends on how you change your order.

TLDR version: 🤷‍♂️

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I changed my color the day after I had my Vin and build date... not a major change but was able to
Get it done
Sponsored