Sponsored

Change to badland or stick with my outer banks?

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I have an outer banks ordered but I just build and priced a Badlands and speced basically the same the Badlands is about $300 more. Now I like the grill and painted mirrors on the outer banks but washout floors and mgv would be nice. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you need sway bar disconnect? If so grab the Badlands, if not go with the aesthetics you like best. Easy.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have an outer banks ordered but I just build and priced a Badlands and speced basically the same the Badlands is about $300 more. Now I like the grill and painted mirrors on the outer banks but washout floors and mgv would be nice. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
I reserved an Outer Banks at first then when I saw the interior colors offered on the OBX I bumped up to Badlands and got the MGV, will never get another car with cloth interior and I wasn't paying 2200 for leather

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a First Edition Reservation, switched to Badlands, I thought I was going to miss carpet, leather, etc;. We love the MGV and the washout floors, not at all worried about getting dirty. Either way, nice rigs. Badlands with lockers, and it's Sasquatch minus the Tires. We got ours at $52k as we went easy on the optuins.
IMG_20210730_155525.jpg

Sponsored

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Badlands 2.3 MT with 47 axle is awesome! And better value in long run.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to take this thing off road and not worry about the trail too much (yes, after research so I don't end up on Steel Bender or something), so I never even looked at the other trims. I also don't like painted mirrors, fenders or roofs on this kind of vehicle, just get scratched up. Just my taste.
Figure out what you plan to do and also what 'off roading' might be in your area. I live much closer to the Rubicon than some mud trail in FL (I also hate mud), so I went with what will have no problems with the terrain I'll throw at it, CA, CO, NV and UT. Maybe some OR and WA, but not during the really wet seasons (don't really care for rain).
Was just no question, my B&P never changed from day one, except switching from dual top to MIC and then to soft to get it this year. It's on a train right now.

Figure our your needs vs. your wants, BL that never leaves pavement makes no sense to me, just like lots of the pristine Rubicons I see around here. If you'll mostly do pavement and fire/forrest roads and like the painted parts, go with that. Nobody can really decide that for you.
BL might have better resale value, something completely unimportant to me, I plan to keep this thing for a while. Current Taco is just turning 18.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's form vs function. I ordered mine based on function first. I started at BD and ended up at BL. You just decide how much actual offroading you will do. Then it's form (painted mirrors and grill) or function (mgv, sbd, stronger parts)

If it's a non sasquatch OBX you are comparing to the Badlands, you also get the upgraded (stronger) front axels along with the MGV, SBD, metal bumpers and skid plates on the Badlands.

The MGV looks and feels great BTW. Mirrors and grill can be swapped out, but probably a bit pricey unless you find them used.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronze dash on the OBX killed it for me. Plus cactus dash in the badlands matches my exterior. Mainly wanted MGV and washout though. Sta-bar disconnect felt like a value that couldn’t be matched via aftermarket.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far I couldn’t be happier with my BL. The MGV is very comfortable and the wash out floors are awesome with the sand that is our life in the summer in Northern MI. The stay bar disconnect isn’t critical for off rod articulation where we wheel, but it is awesome at softening the ride on trails under 20mph. As long as you get the high package and bigger screen, either will be pretty similar otherwise (it makes the camera awesome on the trail).

Sponsored

capn00

Heritage
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage, 2018 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I am in a similar position, and I am still hung up on the MGV. We live in PA, and typically summers here are not too bad, but this last year really had me reconsidering the MGV. It was hot and humid most of the summer, and I think the seats would have been uncomfortable.

Owners with MGV, what do you think? I have been trying to find a model on a dealer lot to check out, but no luck yet. Only a BL with Leather, which was awesome...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jjt24

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you need sway bar disconnect? If so grab the Badlands, if not go with the aesthetics you like best. Easy.
I don't really need that op
I am in a similar position, and I am still hung up on the MGV. We live in PA, and typically summers here are not too bad, but this last year really had me reconsidering the MGV. It was hot and humid most of the summer, and I think the seats would have been uncomfortable.

Owners with MGV, what do you think? I have been trying to find a model on a dealer lot to check out, but no lunch yet. Only a BL with Leather, which was awesome...
Yes, similarly I'm in northwest Ohio. And sas and lux are definitely being applied regardless of which way I go. In my obx build I went with navy pier leather because I like blue and I assume the lighter color may keep the heat down some, the leather in my mustang gets very hot at times. Also the Raptor I had didn't have carpet and was very easy to clean.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't really need that op
Yes, similarly I'm in northwest Ohio. And sas and lux are definitely being applied regardless of which way I go. In my obx build I went with navy pier leather because I like blue and I assume the lighter color may keep the heat down some, the leather in my mustang gets very hot at times. Also the Raptor I had didn't have carpet and was very easy to clean.
I think you've figured out your choice !

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Sasquatched OBX and non-Sasquatched Badlands, similarly equipped, are very close in price (within 20 bucks?), especially if you add the modular bumper and aux switches to the OBX and the step to the BL, to even them out functionally. The main differences I see are as follows:

OBX:
Cloth interior (my preference, but lots of people loving that MGV)
Nicer grill (IMO)
Painted door handles and mirrors
Sas gives you the bigger tires, 4.7 gearing, Sas suspension
Front only bash plates

BL:
MGV interior (if you don't like it, slap on some seat covers)
Wash-out flooring (not available on OBX)
Grill is ugly (IMO) but probably matches the off-black hard top and fender flares better
Off-black door handles and mirrors
Non-sas comes with 33s and 4.46 gearing
Swaybar disco (not available on the OBX)
Full steel bash plates + steel rear bumper (OBX has front only)

So, cloth and Sas or MGV, wash-out flooring, and disco. Unless I'm missing something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jjt24

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A Sasquatched OBX and non-Sasquatched Badlands, similarly equipped, are very close in price (within 20 bucks?), especially if you add the modular bumper and aux switches to the OBX and the step to the BL, to even them out functionally. The main differences I see are as follows:

OBX:
Cloth interior (my preference, but lots of people loving that MGV)
Nicer grill (IMO)
Painted door handles and mirrors
Sas gives you the bigger tires, 4.7 gearing, Sas suspension
Front only bash plates

BL:
MGV interior (if you don't like it, slap on some seat covers)
Grill is ugly (IMO) but probably matches the off-black hard top and fender flares better
Off-black door handles and mirrors
Non-sas comes with 33s and 4.46 gearing
Swaybar disco (not available on the OBX)
Full steel bash plates (OBX has front only)

So, cloth and Sas or MGV and disco. Unless I'm missing something.
Very helpful and yes, auxiliary switches and modular bumper are on my current obx build. I believe for me sticking with my obx, sas, lux with modular bumper, auxiliary switches, is the way I'm going to go. The only thing having me 2nd guessing was the interior in the BL be much easier to clean.

Thanks for the replies everyone, very much appreciated
Sponsored

Reactions: sjp