Sponsored

Change to badland or stick with my outer banks?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved an Outer Banks at first then when I saw the interior colors offered on the OBX I bumped up to Badlands and got the MGV, will never get another car with cloth interior and I wasn't paying 2200 for leather
Why so angry about cloth interior? Asking just for curiosity.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronze dash on the OBX killed it for me. Plus cactus dash in the badlands matches my exterior. Mainly wanted MGV and washout though. Sta-bar disconnect felt like a value that couldn’t be matched via aftermarket.
The bronze dash is actually not bad. I like it and everyone who looks at my interior thinks it is fancy. Even the Land Rover guy who stopped me at the gas station liked it. I was not a roast interior fan, but now that I'm driving in it, I really like it.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why so angry about cloth interior? Asking just for curiosity.
my current car is a Chevy Cruze and it is a pain to clean. the cloth has pores in it so tiny bits get stuck in it. Plus didn't like any of the cloth interior colors offered on the Outer Banks.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The bronze dash is actually not bad. I like it and everyone who looks at my interior thinks it is fancy. Even the Land Rover guy who stopped me at the gas station liked it. I was not a roast interior fan, but now that I'm driving in it, I really like it.
I saw the blue and silver dash at Super Cel (the Bestop people had an OBX sitting there with the navy cloth interior) and it looked super sharp. Haven't seen the bronze dash, but I imagine it would be just as nice.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
my current car is a Chevy Cruze and it is a pain to clean. the cloth has pores in it so tiny bits get stuck in it. Plus didn't like any of the cloth interior colors offered on the Outer Banks.
I fell the same way about leather. I'm getting cloth, however, MGV I think is the best way to go. I have seating on those and they are absolutely comfortable!

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very helpful and yes, auxiliary switches and modular bumper are on my current obx build. I believe for me sticking with my obx, sas, lux with modular bumper, auxiliary switches, is the way I'm going to go. The only thing having me 2nd guessing was the interior in the BL be much easier to clean.

Thanks for the replies everyone, very much appreciated
And if you're still on the fence, check out The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes for the tire/wheel/suspension differences between a non-Squatched BL and a Squatched OBX.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The longer this goes on and provides me exuberant time to ponder my order, I believe I just may order a Sport for the wife and go with a two door Base SAS or at best , the BD, now that Ford is supposedly providing additional colors to the lower models. I can pick up both for just about what a fully optioned BL with mark up is going for. I can come in under if I go SAS base and use the $1500 off for an ordered MY 21 Sport, that Ford is offering. Not to mention, I will be owning them a lot sooner.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the blue and silver dash at Super Cel (the Bestop people had an OBX sitting there with the navy cloth interior) and it looked super sharp. Haven't seen the bronze dash, but I imagine it would be just as nice.
Here is a picture of mine and you can see the dash pretty well. The seats are a tad darker than the picture. It was taken in full sun and it's hard to balance that on a cell phone camera.
Ford Bronco Change to badland or stick with my outer banks? Interior front

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a picture of mine and you can see the dash pretty well. The seats are a tad darker than the picture. It was taken in full sun and it's hard to balance that on a cell phone camera.
Ford Bronco Change to badland or stick with my outer banks? Interior front
That looks great. For me, it's going to come down to "whatever clashes the least with the exterior, which is going to show through on the 2-door door panels."

Since Ford snatched away my preferred AMB, I'm leaning toward VB, which will match the grab handles and stitching on the roast interior, or the seating of the navy pier interior (sort of). Neither will be a perfect choice, but that's what I'm left with. I just have to decide which one will bother me the least.

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bounced between BD-OBX-BL when deciding what to reserve. I priced each out as closely as possibly on options. If I could get the BD with High that's the way I would go,but thats not an option. The OBX I did with leather. Ended up going BL... everything seemed just right for my needs. Make your selection for your needs and wants. No matter what you get, you'll love it, then customize to your liking.
Sponsored