First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all! I’ve recently been restoring / modifying a 2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ and it’s been a blast - now that I’ve gotten the customization itch I made the choice to drop from a fully loaded Wildtrak down to a BaseSquatch (I want the factory lift and gearing) with Sotftop and Hardtop prep kit.

For anyone that has done major modifications in the past, what are some things I need to look out for and consider as I’m changing everything out to be the customized rig that is special to me? I plan to change to custom leather seating, add heating for the seats, all new audio, rear parking sensors, front and rear bumper with steel bash plate (currently eyeing up 4WP), dig the fender delete from 4WP as well … I’m also putting on my own tires and wheels. Lastly I confirmed with Advanced Fiberglass Concepts that they’ll have hardtops ready by early 2022 so the softtop doesn’t bother me for an interim solution.

Should I be lining certain things? Rock rails vs side steps? What about powder coating certain items on the exterior?

I appreciate any feedback from the community here on what to consider as I go thru this project.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan to do any off-road with it you need to get a winch.
Make sure you have the hub-centric rings for your aftermarket wheels if they aren't the exact size already.