Sponsored

Changed my Badlands from a 2-door to a 4-door today...

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After driving nothing but mustangs and a camaro for the last 15 years I feel like I see the 2DR I ordered the same way that you guys are looking at the 4DR. It will have SO MUCH usable space compared to what I'm used to. I've been leasing a 4DR jeep for a month now and other than the one time I threw people back there I forget the back seats even exist.
Sponsored

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing both the 2-door and 4-door in person, I can honestly say I’d be happy with either one. I ended up ordering the 2-door, but the 4-door probably would have been the smarter play. Not necessarily for the extra space, but the better ride due to the longer wheelbase.

2-door - slight edge on looks and fun factor
4-door - better ride and more utility

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched my order from a 2 door WT to a 4 door BL- I think both models look awesome. One week after switching my order I got a build date so there’s that....

And don’t let people kid you Ford will hang it’s hat on the 4 door sales...it will most likely double the 2 door sales...

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t base everything in life on looks alone.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I really did it.

I've got to be honest, I really don't care for the appearance of the 4 door Bronco in stock form. But my heavily modified Jeep TJ on 38s... well, it's not going anywhere. In theory the Bronco is an overland build. I couldn't justify another 2-door 4x4 in my driveway. What for? Why? Ironically my kids are teenagers nearing high school completion so that's not even the reason... I just need a big vehicle to get around in and possibly camp.

I went back and forth so many times. Hope I made the right decision. Whenever I see a 2-door my heart lights up, but whenever I see my Jeep I feel the same way...
Nice! I actually just did the opposite. However my dealer is so slow to respond that my four door build will end up going through anyway. :sneaky: I’ll still be happy either way though!

Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh, every time I look at a 2-door now I feel sick... I really wish Ford did a better job on the back half of the 4-door! I hope it's as amazing a truck as we all hope.
Is there a place near you where you can go check the 4 doors out again? I considered switching to the 4-door, and drove an hour and a half out to see the broncos again this last weekend. I realized there was no way I was going to settle for a four door. It really helped seeing them again. And it could very well have the opposite effect on you, and you realize you will be totally happy with a 4 door, but either way, it might help you feel settled in your choice

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone... it is tough, part of me wants to call them back and push my order back to 2 door.

If I didn't have a 2-door Wrangler I think going with a 2-door Bronco would be a 100% no-brainer.

My interest in the 4-door is the kind of wheeling I'd like to do with it. I live in the northeast and the TJ is the perfect size for the kind of trails/crawling we do around here. Actually most of my wheeling is in 4x4 outdoor parks.

The Bronco, I'd like to get that out west and do some desert wheeling. Bigger rocks, bigger climbs, the longer wheelbase will be a good fit for that and since I'd like to be running for a few days at a time the extra space will be very helpful.

My main complaint is appearance. I agree that the four door does look nice without doors or the top. But that will only be an occasional situation. Most of the time, it'll be wearing clothes.

It's just a rather ungainly looking vehicle with four doors. To me the 4-door looks like an afterthought design while the 2-door looks perfect. Ugh, this one is still killing me.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth; but after seeing the 4 door in person, I think it’s the better looki
My main complaint is appearance. I agree that the four door does look nice without doors or the top. But that will only be an occasional situation. Most of the time, it'll be wearing clothes.
Have you seen it in person? My preference shifted to the 4 door when I saw it in person....and solidified my decision. It just looks awesome (with 35s), and to me the 2 door didn't look quite as good (short and stubby looking) . Yes, it is magnified with the top and doors off, but I like it both ways. Usage wise I want to be able to drive from the East Coast to Moab etc in a comfortable ride with bikes and room, and have a great truck to wheel when I'm out there. My main concern with the 4 door was the longer wheelbase (longer than my FJ) and thus worse break-over angle, but I watched enough 4 door Wrangler videos and Bronco 4 door videos to put my mind at ease that this thing with better angles than that will be more than good enough in the rocks.

At the end of the day, if you like one better looks wise...then buy it. Otherwise you won't get over it. Or commit to lifting the 4 door and putting on 37s....which will make it look even better. But, if you haven't seen them in person, try to go do it, as it makes a big difference in perception.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth; but after seeing the 4 door in person, I think it’s the better looki

Have you seen it in person? My preference shifted to the 4 door when I saw it in person....and solidified my decision. It just looks awesome (with 35s)
I'm 2-door all the way, but I agree on the 35s. They suit the 4-door better, in my opinion, than the 2-door. My thoughts -- 2-door with 33s, perfect. 2-door with 35s, Tonka toy. 4-door with 35s, perfect. 4-door with 33s (or smaller), something is just a little off proportionally.

Of course, YMMV -- somewhere between 17 and 20mpg.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main concern with the 4 door was the longer wheelbase (longer than my FJ) and thus worse break-over angle, but I watched enough 4 door Wrangler videos and Bronco 4 door videos to put my mind at ease that this thing with better angles than that will be more than good enough in the rocks.
Right, for the big rocks and especially out west the 4-door wheelbase is great. If you want to twist and wind around trails and rocks in the NE it's tough to fit it. But people wheel 4-door Wranglers and even Gladiators around here. That said the Gladiators have a tough time of it simply due to their size and break-over angle with the bed.

Since I've got a TJ I've got the NE wheeling angle covered...

At the end of the day, if you like one better looks wise...then buy it. Otherwise you won't get over it. Or commit to lifting the 4 door and putting on 37s....which will make it look even better. But, if you haven't seen them in person, try to go do it, as it makes a big difference in perception.
Oh, I'm committed to 37s on the Bronco at MINIMUM and I'm hoping the aftermarket figures out a way to get 40s on there without too much cutting/trimming/etc. I think 4WP or someone like that is working on it. But I would be okay with 37s.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 2-door all the way, but I agree on the 35s. They suit the 4-door better, in my opinion, than the 2-door. My thoughts -- 2-door with 33s, perfect. 2-door with 35s, Tonka toy. 4-door with 35s, perfect. 4-door with 33s (or smaller), something is just a little off proportionally.

Of course, YMMV -- somewhere between 17 and 20mpg.
33s are not in the cards for ANY truck I own, especially not the Bronco. 35s are the bare minimum just to start the conversation, and 37s are at the bottom of my comfort zone. I'd really be happy with 40s... two or four door.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not that they don't want to sell them, is just that they don't sell.
Please provide evidence to prove the 2DR Bronco doesn’t sell. I’ll wait.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
33s are not in the cards for ANY truck I own, especially not the Bronco. 35s are the bare minimum just to start the conversation, and 37s are at the bottom of my comfort zone. I'd really be happy with 40s... two or four door.
You have to have standards, right?

40s? That's serious fun.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please provide evidence to prove the 2DR Bronco doesn’t sell. I’ll wait.
Easy there, no one said the 2-door sucked. You don't need to wait for evidence, just common sense to see that they won't sell due to impracticality. Its fair to say Bronco take rates will be very similar to Jeep take rates. I live 2 hours or so from the Rubicon, the three jeep dealers nearest me have zero 2-door Jeeps on the lot......they have to be special ordered. You can buy a 4-door Wrangler or a Gladiator on the spot. Just the way it is.

If your not into common sense, here is a thread I was reading last week about Jeep guys discussing the 2-door vs 4-door. Over the different threads I have seen it looks like 2-door sales have dropped from around 1/4 to between 13-15% depending on article/thread. Also each dealer and area is different.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-door-vs-4-door-sales.68379/

Also you can take a look at our very own forum take rates to see that the 2-door is barely cracking 1/3 of sales. 6G ia probably the biggest Bronco website, and considering there are a lot more hardcore wheelers here, barely a 1/3 are going to be 2-door. That number will drop.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/đź“Š-submitted-bronco-orders-tracking-list-stats.11453/

If Ford only made a 2-door Bronco, it would not last and the Bronco would be retired again. If Ford only sold a 4-door Bronco the line would thrive just like it is now for years to come. Ford doesn't even advertise the 2-door, look in all the official brochures it isn't there. Again, not ripping on the 2-door, its just the way it is.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy there, no one said the 2-door sucked. You don't need to wait for evidence, just common sense to see that they won't sell due to impracticality. Its fair to say Bronco take rates will be very similar to Jeep take rates. I live 2 hours or so from the Rubicon, the three jeep dealers nearest me have zero 2-door Jeeps on the lot......they have to be special ordered. You can buy a 4-door Wrangler or a Gladiator on the spot. Just the way it is.

If your not into common sense, here is a thread I was reading last week about Jeep guys discussing the 2-door vs 4-door. Over the different threads I have seen it looks like 2-door sales have dropped from around 1/4 to between 13-15% depending on article/thread. Also each dealer and area is different.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-door-vs-4-door-sales.68379/

Also you can take a look at our very own forum take rates to see that the 2-door is barely cracking 1/3 of sales. 6G ia probably the biggest Bronco website, and considering there are a lot more hardcore wheelers here, barely a 1/3 are going to be 2-door. That number will drop.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/đź“Š-submitted-bronco-orders-tracking-list-stats.11453/

If Ford only made a 2-door Bronco, it would not last and the Bronco would be retired again. If Ford only sold a 4-door Bronco the line would thrive just like it is now for years to come. Ford doesn't even advertise the 2-door, look in all the official brochures it isn't there. Again, not ripping on the 2-door, its just the way it is.
Interesting that folks equate quantity of sales to quality/desirability of vehicles. Yes 4dr everything out sells 2dr's. That is no secret. That does not in any way shape or form take away the fact that they think they need a 4dr. Maybe they do.

Putting the extra two doors is a no brainer BUSINESS decision. It doesn't mean that they are cooler. How many Corvettes would be sold with 4dr's? Maybe Ford should make a 6dr Bronco, someone would buy them?

If people can separate their needs from wants they wouldn't be caught dead in a 4dr. This vehicle by design is way closer to a "toy" vs a "daily driver".

Sorry but a true icon like the Bronco only comes in a 2dr...
Sponsored