Sponsored

Changed my Badlands from a 2-door to a 4-door today...

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure as hell looked back at the 4 door when I was leaving the dealer. Liked it so much that I went to another dealer event just to see it again. I would be happy with either to be honest, but the 4 door checks off more boxes for me. My original order was a 2 door. People keep arguing over 2 and 4 door crap. Who cares. Buy what makes you happy. For people that are switching just to get the bronco early and really wanted a 2 door will probably be unhappy though.
Then it's good we have options and you like the 4dr. I just can't bring myself around to it. I left the demo I went to with the two 4drs without looking back (the 1Gs lining the walk out were much more interesting). I only went for measurements and to sit in the seat, I never even took pictures except for those specific things.

Maybe if they could have shrunk it to where the rear cargo area was the same depth as the 2dr, the proportions would look better to me.
Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't tell you how many times having my 4-door jeep has paid off in the last 3+ years. So many awesome trips with family and friends that frankly just wouldn't have been possible with the smaller confines of a 2dr.

For me it's about the people and the adventure; the Bronco or Jeep is gonna get you there no matter how many doors it has.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone... things are still up in the air but as each day marches along the odds of moving out of the 2-door diminish.

Nothing has changed on my end in terms of being torn. I am definitely, without even a shred of doubt, positively in the "love the look of the 2-door" camp. 4-door for me is a compromise in terms of appearance, there is no way that will change. I'm trying to think of functionality first in this particular case since I already have a 2-door Wrangler. I think it's a good point to mention that a Bronco 2-door is a lot more comfortable for 4 people than a Wrangler TJ. The back seat in the TJ is for one adult or two small kids... Two adults would be in pain back there. The Bronco, not so much. Quite a bit roomier. So perhaps that will end up working out for me okay if I stick with the 2-door, which I'll probably do at this point.

Really disappointed Ford didn't put a little more work into the 4-door's appearance. It has so many "afterthought" design elements, like they just squeezed a second set of doors on there. Maybe the next generation of 4-doors will be more attractive.

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 4runner V8, 06 Wrangler LJ, 15 Wrangler JKUR...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I truly don't know if he's right or wrong. He doesn't either.

The one thing I (and they) feel confident about is switching the 2 door to a soft top will improve the odds. Given I wanted the modular hard top anyway, I'm good with the soft top for now, and get the hard top I wanted next year when they're available. For now, this is where I'll end up. Back to two door.
The 2 door doesn't have a soft top available. Or is there some new development?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2-door has more interior room than our current vehicles.

Mine: F-150 extended cab - no sleeping in it nor any usable interior room.

Wife: Fusion Energi
No sleeping in that and very little interior room.

The 2-door is gonna be spacious by comparison!

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's news to me? Did I miss this?
Soft top on a two door has never been an option, unfortunately you must have missed it all this time if you were under that impression.

OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top on a two door has never been an option, unfortunately you must have missed it all this time if you were under that impression.
Yeah, I must have missed that, but my original order was 2-door hard top. I was considering 2-door soft top to speed things up. I hadn't paid any attention to the soft tops because it wasn't my preference. A 4-door soft top would possibly speed things up it would seem.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I must have missed that, but my original order was 2-door hard top. I was considering 2-door soft top to speed things up. I hadn't paid any attention to the soft tops because it wasn't my preference. A 4-door soft top would possibly speed things up it would seem.
Four door soft top it appears would speed things up, but I and many others are in the same camp you are as far as not paying any attention to the soft-top as we have been a proponent of the hard-top all along. I happen to be getting the 4D BL with the MIC, have not and will not consider a soft-top, too much of a compromise for my taste/needs, but I digress :sneaky:.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was seriously considering changing from 2 to 4 door on Badlands and I was waiting on the end of May update, now the apologist and beyond our control email from Ford when I received my Build Email. While I would of liked the extra space in the 4 door, I couldn't justify the extra expenditure because the 2 door fills my needs. It's been over 2 years since I have had more than one person ride with me in my current vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as a final update... 4-door it is! And I changed the color to carbonized gray, and went with the soft top. Let the chips fall where they may. Buying a JK for my daughter Friday, two Jeeps in the driveway to have fun with this summer as we look forward to our beautiful new Broncos.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I grew up as a kid climbing into the back of my dads late 80s manual 2 door 4Runner. My kids are going to grow up climbing into the back of my 2022 (probably) manual 2 door Bronco. The only difference is my dad had me sit up front seat around the age of 5 because there were no airbags and now I’d go to prison for letting my kid do that
Sponsored

Last edited: