Sponsored

Changed my Wildtrak two-door order to a Badlands two-door, now the optional wheels aren't available. Come on FOMOCO!!!

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, last week I changed my two-door Wildtrak order to a Badlands two-door per Ford's request for us Wildtrak owners to choose a different model and cancel the High Package and Sasquatch options to help with the likely production of our Bronco during 2023.

After digesting this Ford memo, I went to the dealer and met with my salesman a couple weeks ago, made the necessary changes , but, when I added the optional high-gloss black wheels with the gray beadlock capable beauty rings, a screen kept coming up on the order screen telling the salesman they are no longer available. These wheels are an option, and are not the Sasquatch wheels, but are similar to that wheel. So now, it appears the Badlands will now come with those "Jeep-style" wheels that nobody wants and can be found for sale everywhere on the internet.

So, forum friends and those still waiting for a Bronco, has anyone else run into this latest constraint regarding the optional Badlands wheels?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep I was told the same thing when I removed SAS from my Badlands order.

I’m going to have the dealer put on some Black Rhinos as soon as my Bronco comes in (if it’s ever scheduled and built)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, forum friends and those still waiting for a Bronco, has anyone else run into this latest constraint regarding the optional Badlands wheels?
Yeah this is correct. The optional wheels on Badlands are balanced out (aka: sold out) for the model year. Week of January 9th was the last week you could get them.

I don't know if the same supplier provides both of the Sasqutach wheels and optional Badlands wheels, but I know the Sasquatch wheels were in short supply last summer, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ford stopped ordering the optional Badlands wheels to maximize Sasquatch wheel production.

Jakob1972

Everglades
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Fummins F250, 2008 Chevy Cobalt
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I guess I am the only one that likes the Nosquatch badlands wheel. If you really need the Sasquatch wheels those are not too difficult to find. But if it was me I would get the cheap wheels and throw on some Warn Jackhammers. Or see if you can score some Everglades wheels. Unless you are planning on doing some serious rock crawling and need a bead lock but I would rather have aftermarket bead locks anyway.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also think the regular Badlands wheels look great. I was originally looking for a Nosquatch BL.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was considering switching from 4Dr Base Sasquatch to Badlands, but I would absolutely want the optional beadlock wheels. The standard Badland wheels are awful imo. So, I won't do the Badlands switch. Will stay BaseSquatch and see what happens.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, last week I changed my two-door Wildtrak order to a Badlands two-door per Ford's request for us Wildtrak owners to choose a different model and cancel the High Package and Sasquatch options to help with the likely production of our Bronco during 2023.

After digesting this Ford memo, I went to the dealer and met with my salesman a couple weeks ago, made the necessary changes , but, when I added the optional high-gloss black wheels with the gray beadlock capable beauty rings, a screen kept coming up on the order screen telling the salesman they are no longer available. These wheels are an option, and are not the Sasquatch wheels, but are similar to that wheel. SO now, it appears the Badlands will now come with those "Jeep-style" wheels that nobody wants and can be found for sale everywhere on the internet.

What you experienced matches what Mitch said on his recent Town and Country Ford video. He was saying that part of the Sasquatch constraint was the wheels. His video was to show how one could make their own Sasquatch, with the help of Town & Country, due the new Ford supply constraints.

By the way, I recently happily paid $650 for a full set of Bronco Badlands take-offs, with TPMS, for my non-SAS OBX. There are lots of us. That wheel has stabilized at the $500-$650 price per set, so its not all bad. Its our OBX OEM 18" wheels & tires that are nearly worthless.

20230126_092347.jpg

OP
OP
springer

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What you experienced matches what Mitch said on his recent Town and Country Ford video. He was saying that part of the Sasquatch constraint was the wheels. His video was to show how one could make their own Sasquatch, with the help of Town & Country, due the new Ford supply constraints.

By the way, I recently happily paid $650 for a full set of Bronco Badlands take-offs, with TPMS, for my non-SAS OBX. There are lots of us. That wheel has stabilized at the $500-$650 price per set, so its not all bad. Its our OBX OEM 18" wheels & tires that are nearly worthless.

Ford Bronco Changed my Wildtrak two-door order to a Badlands two-door, now the optional wheels aren't available.  Come on FOMOCO!!! 20230126_092347
That is not the wheel I tried to order with my Badlands. The one I wanted looks similar to the Sasquatch wheel with a gray trim ring.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take it as a sign and use the $1000 saved on aftermarket wheels of your choosing. BTW, if the stock BL wheels fit on my F 150 I would be buying an unwanted set from someone.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is not the wheel I tried to order with my Badlands. The one I wanted looks similar to the Sasquatch wheel with a gray trim ring.
When the info came out about the constraints. I asked about upgrading the rims if I dropped SAS. They balanced out for the year earlier in the month so were no longer orderable. I like the carbonized grey colored ring.

2021-bronco-factory-rims-wheels-specs-9-jpg.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I'm responding to your comment that "the Badlands will now come with those "Jeep-style" wheels that nobody wants and can be found for sale everywhere on the internet." I was suggesting that there IS a market for those wheels, should you be stuck with them and want to replace them, the "Badlands Take-offs".

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I'm responding to your comment that "the Badlands will now come with those "Jeep-style" wheels that nobody wants and can be found for sale everywhere on the internet." I was suggesting that there IS a market for those wheels, should you be stuck with them and want to replace them, the "Badlands Take-offs".
God knows it's a better market for BL take-offs than I had with my old OBX, I practically had to give those away. I have a BL now with the optional wheels and love them.
Sponsored