First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a few hours new to the forum and looking forward to learning from all of you who have taken delivery. I took some advice from the forum on changing my Badlands order from an MIChard top to a soft top prior to hitting production in hopes I can jump ahead will still a 2021 delivery. Hoping this change helps me.
Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as you don't have to make any other compromises, that's a smart move. I'd do the same if it was an option on 2 doors.

You save a little money and get to drive around your bronco while Ford figures out how to make a hard top, win/win

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Drove an outer banks 2.7 soft-top today and came away happy that I haven’t compromised. The noise is very noticeable. Made the overall experience of driving it feel less solid. Also, I'm not sure there is a way to make the side windows on the soft-top not wavy. Distorts the view when looking from the inside out. Not a fan on many levels.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have intel if the ’hardtop prep kit’ will actually be installed during production, or they are just going to throw that s&*^ in the front seat with the license place frame?

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a few hours new to the forum and looking forward to learning from all of you who have taken delivery. I took some advice from the forum on changing my Badlands order from an MIChard top to a soft top prior to hitting production in hopes I can jump ahead will still a 2021 delivery. Hoping this change helps me.
I switched last week, so we shall see what happens this coming Thursday. Maybe I get lucky and it pays off. I rode in a Badlands with the soft top in Moab and if I recall the sound wasn’t that bad. I think I would be okay with the sound if I get an earlier delivery. I know a hard top later will be expensive, but I am willing to take my Bronco sooner.

OP
OP

StPeteBronco

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F250 Platiinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched last week, so we shall see what happens this coming Thursday. Maybe I get lucky and it pays off. I rode in a Badlands with the soft top in Moab and if I recall the sound wasn’t that bad. I think I would be okay with the sound if I get an earlier delivery. I know a hard top later will be expensive, but I am willing to take my Bronco sooner.
Feeling the luck! Cant wait until we land these things!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have intel if the ’hardtop prep kit’ will actually be installed during production, or they are just going to throw that s&*^ in the front seat with the license place frame?
One would assume an installed functional wiper/turn signal stalk, wiring and tubing pre-run, like the auxiliary switches are pre-run for $175, plus any extra hardware. Waiting till September gives them time to change the manufacturing process. If its just a kit for later install, anyone could get the kit now.

Really, don't know why they all can't be pre-wired for hardtops. After all, Ford markets this as a modular vehicle, customizable, with "lift me" writing hidden at the wheel wells. The vehicle, all versions, should come prepped for both hard and soft tops, it seems to me. Or make it a $200 option. Just do it.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the forum. I also made the change recently and have no regrets. I drove a soft top at the Offrodeo and absolutely loved the convenience.

I asked that question many times. I am hearing that they pre-install everything just like a dual top. I trust it enough that I switched.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You and me both, man.

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove a soft top at my dealership, and I had no problem with the noise. Granted we were only driving around town, but I am completely comfortable with my decision to switch. Also, got to see a Big Bend with SAS and soft top. Again, SAS is the way to go. I cannot wait for Bronco to be scheduled, built, and delivered. I would be okay with scheduled at this point. Ha

8748D941-34F4-411C-8094-BFFA4BAB4805.jpeg

AC81A986-3B5D-4A6E-9A7C-EBA3E2994B92.jpeg

21A64E14-ED6D-425D-AD15-DBE711C86F04.jpeg

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
One has to wonder at the wisdom of satisfying a short term desire (getting my Bronco now) at the expense of living with a vehicle you didn't really want for years. I get it, the temptation is real, but a few extra months in the grand scheme of things isn't very long. I would have waited to get the hardtop I want/need.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One has to wonder at the wisdom of satisfying a short term desire (getting my Bronco now) at the expense of living with a vehicle you didn't really want for years. I get it, the temptation is real, but a few extra months in the grand scheme of things isn't very long. I would have waited to get the hardtop I want/need.
With all due respect, It’s much easier to say that when you’ve got a Vin, and I felt the same way up until the last mass emails went out and nothing again.

There are some things I definitely wouldn’t compromise on (2dr, Lux) but everyone’s current situation (lease, POS) is different and some changes might be the difference between a 2021 and mid 2022, or later. So I’m not judging anyone.

I will say, I’ve thought about changing from 2.7 to 2.3 with the manual transmission, and dropping Sasquatch for 33’s and optional BL wheels in hopes of getting scheduled. I saw that build at a dealership in CG 2dr and it looked spectacular……however, it would be a 2 year ride instead of a forever Bronco until the Raptor Bronco is available in 2023.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all due respect, It’s much easier to say that when you’ve got a Vin, and I felt the same way up until the last mass emails went out and nothing again.

There are some things I definitely wouldn’t compromise on (2dr, Lux) but everyone’s current situation (lease, POS) is different and some changes might be the difference between a 2021 and mid 2022, or later. So I’m not judging anyone.

I will say, I’ve thought about changing from 2.7 to 2.3 with the manual transmission, and dropping Sasquatch for 33’s and optional BL wheels in hopes of getting scheduled. I saw that build at a dealership in CG 2dr and it looked spectacular……however, it would be a 2 year ride instead of a forever Bronco until the Raptor Bronco is available in 2023.
Agree the Raptor is the one to get. I may get one myself. I live in South Florida and if there is any place in the country that a softtop would be acceptable, it's here. Honestly, I still would not own one very long here. Wyoming is a whole other ball game. Your winters are brutal. I bought a new Defender 90 softtop in 94 and was smitten with it. I lived in Boston and drove to Vermont every weekend to ski that winter. After a cold ride at night I decided to sell and bought a 95 Defender 90 hardtop which was a million times better. I also owned 4 Wranglers, one softtop and 3 hardtop. From my experience, it is something I personally would not compromise on. I'm also kinda old and have strived to nurture the patience virtue.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree the Raptor is the one to get. I may get one myself. I live in South Florida and if there is any place in the country that a softtop would be acceptable, it's here. Honestly, I still would not own one very long here. Wyoming is a whole other ball game. Your winters are brutal. I bought a new Defender 90 softtop in 94 and was smitten with it. I lived in Boston and drove to Vermont every weekend to ski that winter. After a cold ride at night I decided to sell and bought a 95 Defender 90 hardtop which was a million times better. I also owned 4 Wranglers, one softtop and 3 hardtop. From my experience, it is something I personally would not compromise on. I'm also kinda old and have strived to nurture the patience virtue.
Agree, but I would caveat that with the opinion that if I had to choose between the soft top and the quality of some of the MIC tops we’ve seen coming out of Webasto, the decision might be a little less obvious than it was a month or so ago.

Good thing being firmly in the 2dr camp, I won’t have to make that decision…..unless Bestop enters the equation, then all bets are off.
Sponsored

Last edited: