First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you get the mod bumper from the dealer? I didn't see it in the options list.

The underside of the hood is interesting.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you think the Mod Bumper tow shackle mounts would fit with the standard bumper if the plastic 'bump out' trim was removed. Did you get the bumper from Ford Parts and were the shackle mounts sold separately?

Oh yea, is there anything behind the plastic box in front of the intercooler if you don't have ACC?

Thanks, BB for the win!

Last edited:

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Bronco
Badlands
Did you get the mod bumper from the dealer? I didn't see it in the options list.

I’ve noticed that too…looks like the honeycomb that was peeking through ver 1 MIC tops.

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Bronco
Black Diamond

Someone who had a Black Diamond sold it to me
He upgraded to a aftermarket bumper

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Bronco
Black Diamond
Do you think the Mod Bumper tow shackle mounts would fit with the standard bumper if the plastic 'bump out' trim was removed. Did you get the bumper from Ford Parts and were the shackle mounts sold separately?

Oh yea, is there anything behind the plastic box in front of the intercooler if you don't have ACC?

Thanks, BB for the win!
No the mod bumper is fasend using the tow shackle .

etmccaus86

Big Bend
First Name
EMC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Cool
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

Standard tow hooks weren't bolted on?
This isn't discussed much, and I think people presume they're easily removed, but Ford's service information intonates they're welded/ integral to the brackets used to hold the intercooler in place.

1632137828971.png

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Bronco
First Edition
Clubs

This isn't discussed much, and I think people presume they're easily removed, but Ford's service information intonates they're welded/ integral to the brackets used to hold the intercooler in place.

1632137828971.png
New brackets without the hooks should be available? I would want to keep the hooks in tact in case I put the original bumper back on for whatever reason. Maybe to sell or the mod bumper got damaged.

etmccaus86

Big Bend
First Name
EMC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Cool
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

New brackets without the hooks should be available? I would want to keep the hooks in tact in case I put the original bumper back on for whatever reason. Maybe to sell or the mod bumper got damaged.
I would presume so, since (a. vehicles built with Mod bumper @ factory don't have those hooks, and (b. the section notes "others similar."

I imagine you could get the VIN of a vehicle with stock mod bumper and spend some time in a parts catalog and find them.

peta8368

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Bronco
Base
Clubs

@flip would you please be so kind and see what the modular bumper comes with instead of that(the green piece in the picture)? Thank you!!

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts
Advertisement