kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the middle of swapping out. I have a badlands with the capable bumper and going to the modular bumper. Did anyone change out the wire harness for sensors or were they able to reuse the capable bumper version?

Edit:

It also looks like Ford uses two different sensors on these trucks. My version has the harness plugging into the sensor pointing towards the front of the truck, It looks like there is another sensor version that plugs in a side to side. This makes sense as it allows room for the wire harness to connect. My harness will not have room with the modular brackets.

IF someone could verify the modular bumper sensor part number that would be fantastic

cheers
Sponsored

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in the middle of swapping out. I have a badlands with the capable bumper and going to the modular bumper. Did anyone change out the wire harness for sensors or were they able to reuse the capable bumper version?

Edit:

It also looks like Ford uses two different sensors on these trucks. My version has the harness plugging into the sensor pointing towards the front of the truck, It looks like there is another sensor version that plugs in a side to side. This makes sense as it allows room for the wire harness to connect. My harness will not have room with the modular brackets.

IF someone could verify the modular bumper sensor part number that would be fantastic

cheers
I can't speak to what's on the Capable bumper, but I encountered this when putting my parts list together, the sensors themselves on the plastic base bumper had different part numbers than the sensors on the Modular one. That said, they still fit in the Mod bumper sensor grommets like they were made for it.

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can the plastic bash and skid plates be reused with the modular bumper?
I reused mine for now. I’m going to change it out for a steel one later. You will need to trim it to make it fit. I just need to plug the sensor holes.
Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1F3D0B41-1450-473C-B984-B78E064397A4

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't speak to what's on the Capable bumper, but I encountered this when putting my parts list together, the sensors themselves on the plastic base bumper had different part numbers than the sensors on the Modular one. That said, they still fit in the Mod bumper sensor grommets like they were made for it.
I was able to get the sensors physically into the retainers, my issue is the space left for the connection (harness to sensor) is too small. Looks like ford changes the sensor and turn the plug 90 degrees to allow for more space.
capable plug direction
Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1673293123684

modular plug direction
Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1673293168565

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was able to get the sensors physically into the retainers, my issue is the space left for the connection (harness to sensor) is too small. Looks like ford changes the sensor and turn the plug 90 degrees to allow for more space.
capable plug direction
Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1673293168565

modular plug direction
Learned something new today. Sensors in the base plastic bumper had the 90 deg turns built in, I can see how that would be difficult with that backing plate thing that goes inside the mod bumper.
Sponsored