First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Drew5150 I'm about to make the same swap. Would the MOD bumper fit with the standard plastic plate while I'm waiting for the full bash plate set to come in? Or would it require trimming? (I know I need to cut the tow loops so there's be the holes in the plastic plate for them)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Drew5150 I'm about to make the same swap. Would the MOD bumper fit with the standard plastic plate while I'm waiting for the full bash plate set to come in? Or would it require trimming? (I know I need to cut the tow loops so there's be the holes in the plastic plate for them)
Can't remember. I sold that one. I think you can trim it back without a problem its only plastic. I will tell you I put 13,000. miles on the 2.3 manual and it was a great ride. I ended up picking up a 2 door wildtrack. Which I will need to change out the bumper.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can't remember. I sold that one. I think you can trim it back without a problem its only plastic. I will tell you I put 13,000. miles on the 2.3 manual and it was a great ride. I ended up picking up a 2 door wildtrack. Which I will need to change out the bumper.
Appreciate the response. I have the 2.3 4DR OBX and am loving it. I want to get the MOD bumper on without cutting up any of the factory plastic pieces so I can keep them all in my garage - already bought a backup set of the intercooler mounts/tow loops.

Might just pop off the plastic one tonight and see how it lines up. Did you come across a diagram for the MOD bumper? I purchased one from a member locally but everything is just in a single box without anything labeled.

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Appreciate the response. I have the 2.3 4DR OBX and am loving it. I want to get the MOD bumper on without cutting up any of the factory plastic pieces so I can keep them all in my garage - already bought a backup set of the intercooler mounts/tow loops.

Might just pop off the plastic one tonight and see how it lines up. Did you come across a diagram for the MOD bumper? I purchased one from a member locally but everything is just in a single box without anything labeled.
You can use existing frame plate, and all 6 bolts from standard bumper. Once you pull standard bumper off you will see how it all works. If you have any questions when you get into it text me 4408649779. Happy to help, can walk you through it.

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Reuse 17C886B and HB1 same part for both bumpers!
Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. Screenshot_20211020-221433_Word[1]

Sponsored

Illini_STL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are going from standard to mod, could you use jack stands / jack to hold intercooler in place, remove brackets w/ D ring, and install brackets w/o D ring?

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are going from standard to mod, could you use jack stands / jack to hold intercooler in place, remove brackets w/ D ring, and install brackets w/o D ring?
I cut my standard tow hooks off with a grinder. I would think you could use a jack stand to do one at a time.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cooler bracket's, part numbers without hook please?

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My unit is coming with Modular Bumper but I have a question, are the modular tow hooks welded on or bolted? I wanted to powder coat tow hooks to match body color.
tow hooks bolt on modular bumper.

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did this swap today without finding this thread first. Here’s a pic of the bracket in question removed from the vehicle as well as a side view of it installed after the hoop part was cut off.

Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 53A2BB45-C4D5-47AE-8823-38CCF4DE5F50

Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. FED37E99-062B-4B5E-A0CB-EA69A218BDF6

Last edited:

Sponsored

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pictures of the bracket on a factory ordered modular bumper. Not sure if this is all you’ll need, but I got pics of the part numbers for each side of the bracket that comes from the factory when the modular bumper is ordered.

My 2.7 tow hooks supported the intercooler.Not sure if other hardware would be needed on top of these two brackets.

82813B06-869F-4570-9EB4-6B082E8402BF.jpeg

F4CED313-C342-45C4-A85A-75AC8009BCC1.jpeg

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there no third party option currently that would make this process easier (and also not block out the sensors/cameras)?

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Other than cutting the tow rings were any other mods needed and how did you attach the mod bumper?
no - only cutting tow hooks. The mod bumper bolts up to wherethe plastic one did on my 2021.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait…ok. Ok. Ok. I’m late to the game here, but are you saying that Ford designed the mounting points on the frame to be different based on which bumper the consumer orders from the factory? As in swapping bumpers is more than just fasteners?

that’s high level stupid.

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait…ok. Ok. Ok. I’m late to the game here, but are you saying that Ford designed the mounting points on the frame to be different based on which bumper the consumer orders from the factory? As in swapping bumpers is more than just fasteners?

that’s high level stupid.
Yes. Essentially the tow hook is welded to the bracket that also supports the intercooler from the bottom. So you still need that support but the hook part sticks out about 2-3” too much and has to be cut off - or different brackets used.
Sponsored