Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you saying you forced the sensor brackets in? I just ordered the mod bumpers brackets, but surprise they are on back order.
Yes, worked them to align tabs as close as possible and used rubber mallet. I'm sure there are part numbers somewhere but I used brute force lol, and it has worked fine with nice tight fit.

You can see them in this pic. Also added before.
20220424_110858.jpg

20220506_152627.jpg
Sponsored

Untrained Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, worked them to align tabs as close as possible and used rubber mallet. I'm sure there are part numbers somewhere but I used brute force lol, and it has worked fine with nice tight fit.

You can see them in this pic. Also added before.
20220424_110858.jpg

20220506_152627.jpg
Amazing, thank you!

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I've been considering doing this swap but after putting a parts list together it's a hard no. The odds of finding a takeoff around my location are slim to none. I could even be missing some parts but what I have so far is almost 3k

Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1652721316121

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I've been considering doing this swap but after putting a parts list together it's a hard no. The odds of finding a takeoff around my location are slim to none. I could even be missing some parts but what I have so far is almost 3k

Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1652721316121
If it makes you feel better even a stock install of the bumper doesn't come with the heavy duty skid plate, which is another add on in addition to the HD bumper. 2000 can is pricey, but not TOO bad if you can't find a takeoff IMO.

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it makes you feel better even a stock install of the bumper doesn't come with the heavy duty skid plate, which is another add on in addition to the HD bumper. 2000 can is pricey, but not TOO bad if you can't find a takeoff IMO.
Good point. I was also thinking I don't really need the end caps so that knocks off $1000. Maybe just the bumper and get the RC hidden winch mount that comes with a skid plate.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

1652721316121.png
This is what I've found so far (albeit in USD) as to what's needed, and my understanding is there are still some unresolved differences in the clips for mounting the parking sensors in the different bumper:

Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1652726749437

I think you could do without the last finish panel, doesn't look like a huge gap in the photos by @Strykerwsu if he did retain the original one on his install.

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is what I've found so far (albeit in USD) as to what's needed, and my understanding is there are still some unresolved differences in the clips for mounting the parking sensors in the different bumper:

Ford Bronco Changed out standard bumper for Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper. 1652726749437

I think you could do without the last finish panel, doesn't look like a huge gap in the photos by @Strykerwsu if he did retain the original one on his install.
For the mb3z-17a954-a (tow hook supp) I'd just cut the tow hooks off and save some $. It would be a simple 10 min job. Mine are currently off because I installed the RC tow hook additions. Just some food for thought if you're looking at doing this.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the mb3z-17a954-a (tow hook supp) I'd just cut the tow hooks off and save some $. It would be a simple 10 min job. Mine are currently off because I installed the RC tow hook additions. Just some food for thought if you're looking at doing this.
If I pulled the trigger on this that would probably be my approach as well, but I wanted to have the parts list as complete as possible for the sake of anyone else reading this.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 & 2011 Mustang 2012 F-150 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can I reuse bolts from stock bumper? Or do I have to buy some Mod bumper bolts? Also can I put Mod bumper on and keep stock skid plate on for now?

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can I reuse bolts from stock bumper? Or do I have to buy some Mod bumper bolts? Also can I put Mod bumper on and keep stock skid plate on for now?
Don't know if you've addressed this since June, but if you're referring to the six each bolts that actually attach the bumper to the frame, you can reuse them as they're identical between the two types.

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 & 2011 Mustang 2012 F-150 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't know if you've addressed this since June, but if you're referring to the six each bolts that actually attach the bumper to the frame, you can reuse them as they're identical between the two types.
I bought new bolts but found out I could reuse. So I have extra bolts just in case 🤣. But thank u

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought new bolts but found out I could reuse. So I have extra bolts just in case 🤣. But thank u
Glad I could catch you just in time 😬

Basecamp13

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the plastic skid plate need to be swapped out for the metal one to make the HD Mod bumper conversion work as well? Or just a preference?

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

go with the steel skid plate, the plastic one is laughable
Sponsored