First Name
Mbou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received the email like everyone else to switch to a soft top but found out that the wildtrak can't come with one. Will there be an aftermarket option? So then I switched it over to the mic instead of the black top as they said it would come sooner and I could get points to purchase the black later. And so all I can tell is that nothing has changed except for the color top I didn't want and still no build date? Are we thinking it will be a 2023?
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel as though you got some partial info but not all. If you were intending to get an earlier delivery you would’ve needed to completely change trims and opted for a 4-door soft top. The colored roof option isn’t even offered this year anymore but also the MIC is the number one constraint. Switching to it isn’t going to land you anything sooner.

OP
OP
mbou

mbou

Wildtrak
First Name
Mbou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah the dealer didn't give much direction and wasn't even aware of the email when I had gone and showed it to them looking for clarification. All they said was change the roof.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the dealer didn't give much direction and wasn't even aware of the email when I had gone and showed it to them looking for clarification. All they said was change the roof.
To add on to what @Oceannomad said… the quick and dirty version is this:
  • The shadow black top you originally had on order was delayed to 2023.
  • The MIC top you switched to is having manufacturing, quality, and supply issues. Most of the orders with MIC will be bumped to 2022.
  • Switching to the soft top is your best bet at having your Bronco built this year. However, even if you do switch to a soft top, there are other components that are also having supply issues. So there is no guarantee you’ll get your Bronco this year even if you do switch to a soft top.

OP
OP
mbou

mbou

Wildtrak
First Name
Mbou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To add on to what @Oceannomad said… the quick and dirty version is this:
  • The shadow black top you originally had on order was delayed to 2023.
  • The MIC top you switched to is having manufacturing, quality, and supply issues. Most of the orders with MIC will be bumped to 2022.
  • Switching to the soft top is your best bet at having your Bronco built this year. However, even if you do switch to a soft top, there are other components that are also having supply issues. So there is no guarantee you’ll get your Bronco this year even if you do switch to a soft top.
They said soft top isn't an option anymore on the wildtrak

Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They said soft top isn't an option anymore on the wildtrak
Correct. You can't get the Wildtrak with a soft top - and never could. You would also need to consider changing the model (Base, BB, OB, BD, or BL) to improve chances of scheduling. If you're firm on the Wildtrak, God-like patience will be required.

OP
OP
mbou

mbou

Wildtrak
First Name
Mbou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct. You can't get the Wildtrak with a soft top - and never could. You would also need to consider changing the model (Base, BB, OB, BD, or BL) to improve chances of scheduling. If you're firm on the Wildtrak, God-like patience will be required.
You think an after market soft top will be an option?

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs