Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the bronco can take 35” tires from the factory and the optional wheels can take 35’s? I know it’s probably to early to say. I don’t want to wait and pay extra for the Sasquatch package.
Sponsored

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the exact same boat as you.
Would love any answers

Unfortunately after digging a ton - I don’t think there’s a definitive answer until someone gets a BL and tries. The differences in suspension between BL and SAS aren’t completely known.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get a 35 for almost any wheel size, so that’s not a problem. The question would be whether it fits the various trims. Should almost definitely fit the badlands, since the lift is virtually the same as Sasquatch. The trims below that though, will likely require a lift and potentially removing/modifying the crash bars.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get a 35 for almost any wheel size, so that’s not a problem. The question would be whether it fits the various trims. Should almost definitely fit the badlands, since the lift is virtually the same as Sasquatch. The trims below that though, will likely require a lift and potentially removing/modifying the crash bars.
It would be nice to get the wheel size to see can it fit a 35 since it fits a 33 from the factory

Sponsored

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of course they will physically fit on the wheel, the question is more if they will rub anything without the additional backspacing

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course they will physically fit on the wheel, the question is more if they will rub anything without the additional backspacing
Yea I was thinking the Sasquatch wheels may have more back space then the optional badlands wheels

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC, 55mm back spacing on the 1/2" wider Sasquatch wheels, that has to be for a reason. Most likely you would rub, at least on hard turns. You would also have to find someone to install the larger tires against the manufacturers recommendations (8.5" is minimum recommended wheel width), lot of places won't take the liability. You'll find someone I am sure, but I personally would not argue with the manufacturer on how to mount the tires.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I was thinking the Sasquatch wheels may have more back space then the optional badlands wheels
They absolutely do.

Posted earlier is the wheel width. Also all wheels are +55mm offset, except the Sasquatch wheels which are +30.

My conclusion is a 315 tire on a +55 wheel will rub on the upper control arm.

There is a ton of discussion on this already, including CAD mock-ups of various combinations to see what probably will or won’t be a problem.

https://www.bronco6g.com/detailed-calculations-show-aftermarket-tire-size-fitments-on-bronco-trims/

Ford Bronco Changing 33” tires to 35” on optional wheels on badlands 1615807954361

That’s the Sasquatch wheel and tire all the way to the right, with the Badlands just to the left of it.

With the +55 offset the tire just clears the upper control arm. The wider 315 needs the +30 wheel to clear.

We don’t have definitive answers because no one has actually tried it yet, but I think it’s more or less settled now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a narrower tire may work, say a 285/75. Not a true 35" but neither is the 315.

The suspense is killing me

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a narrower tire may work, say a 285/75. Not a true 35" but neither is the 315.

The suspense is killing me
Yeah, once the 315's wear out (or turn out to be garbage in winter conditions), E-rated 285/75 K02's are taking their place. They will fit nicely on my 8.5's, but should be fine on the 8's.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They absolutely do.

Posted earlier is the wheel width. Also all wheels are +55mm offset, except the Sasquatch wheels which are +30.

My conclusion is a 315 tire on a +55 wheel will rub on the upper control arm.

There is a ton of discussion on this already, including CAD mock-ups of various combinations to see what probably will or won’t be a problem.

https://www.bronco6g.com/detailed-calculations-show-aftermarket-tire-size-fitments-on-bronco-trims/

Ford Bronco Changing 33” tires to 35” on optional wheels on badlands 1615807954361

That’s the Sasquatch wheel and tire all the way to the right, with the Badlands just to the left of it.

With the +55 offset the tire just clears the upper control arm. The wider 315 needs the +30 wheel to clear.

We don’t have definitive answers because no one has actually tried it yet, but I think it’s more or less settled now.
I wonder is there wheel spacers from other vehicles that can fit the bronco

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder is there wheel spacers from other vehicles that can fit the bronco
Anything for the current Ranger will work on the Bronco. Again, dig into those threads, there’s bound to be a ton of relevant info for you. You’re not the first person on the forum looking to do this.

No sense for you to start from scratch trying to solve these problems.

OP
OP
Thomas1984

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything for the current Ranger will work on the Bronco. Again, dig into those threads, there’s bound to be a ton of relevant info for you. You’re not the first person on the forum looking to do this.

No sense for you to start from scratch trying to solve these problems.
Why dig, when I can ask the one guy who is usually right lol
Sponsored