John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's communist thinking.

You walk in to buy a less desirable car in normal times, you expect and get a discount. Because the car is not actually worth the MSRP.

Sometimes a manufacturer comes out with a car that even temporarily is worth more than its MSRP. The dealers have a right to price to reflect that.

You as a buyer also have a right to go somewhere else.

You just act like a big boy, and accept the consequences of your decisions. Some people I'm sure on this board buying Fromm place like Chapman at 4% under invoice are planning to flip them for a ~$10k profit. If they can do it, then so should a dealer.
I agree. That’s why I wasn’t going to pay it because it is not worth the extra money to me. At MSRP I’m fine with it. If I could have gotten it cheaper I would have.

At this point I am just riding out my MY21 reservation and order. If my current dealer is unable to get me it this year I will just change dealers for an MY22.
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the process of not letting the originating dealer convert your existing order entry over to a MY22 and moving it to another dealer with the original time stamp? This is the detail I came here to seek.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa, that is worse than a Florida dealer! Thankful that I ordered with John at Stephens. It has been a great experience since I switched.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And dealers wonder why people buy their cars online from companies like carvana and vroom. If the whole online thing gets more popular we might see the death of regular car dealers
Wouldn't it be nice if you COULD buy a new car online. Unfortunately there are laws that prevent that; dumb outdated laws that the boomer generation in congress isn't going to do anything to fix. My guess is boomers would rather feel good because they haggled the salesman down $2k (on a car that was overpriced by $5K) rather than come to grips with the fact that the world has changed.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wouldn't it be nice if you COULD buy a new car online. Unfortunately there are laws that prevent that; dumb outdated laws that the boomer generation in congress isn't going to do anything to fix. My guess is boomers would rather feel good because they haggled the salesman down $2k (on a car that was overpriced by $5K) rather than come to grips with the fact that the world has changed.
Its got nothing to do with boomers. (Yes, I know its fun to say. But its getting idiotic)

Its got nothing to do with the FEDERAL government.

Its the state governments that restrict this.

This is why Tesla was able to sell direct in some states and couldn't in others. Originally they were going to be 100% internet order with mobile service guys.

The advocacy group is the NADA. North American Dealers' Association.

At this point, honestly, it wouldn't be fair. Look at it this way. You are a Ford dealer. You have invested millions in infrastructure. Infrastructure that you need to pay for when you sell a car. And then Ford goes and sells direct to the consumer. Undercutting you.

The only way they could get away from the dealer model would be if
1) the manufacturers paid dealers to compensate them for their investment in showrooms, etc. They would need to basically buy out all the dealers.

2) the manufacturers paid a dealer a commission even on an internet ordered vehicle.

Tesla never had independently owned dealers. So there was no other interest to worry about. Tesla's dealerships are company owned. Not franchises. So If a Tesla store loses out on an internet order it doesn't matter. Its allTesla anyway.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a local dealers ad on a XLT F150.

1623408918367.png

Everyone is aware of the supply issues but really? How you going to look at someone with a straight face knowing they just put the buyer in a negative equity position for the next 10 years. Shame on the lender that funds this deal, they are just as guilty.
80k for an XLT, lmao, yeah ok…good luck with that

JermSells

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a local dealers ad on a XLT F150.

1623408918367.png

Everyone is aware of the supply issues but really? How you going to look at someone with a straight face knowing they just put the buyer in a negative equity position for the next 10 years. Shame on the lender that funds this deal, they are just as guilty.
This post is misleading and lacks context. This vehicle has a Rocky Ridge conversion package with a lift, wheels, tires etc. When converted vehicles arrive, they are immediately loaded onto the website with stock images until a photog can shoot the car and upload actual images. But i get it, all dealers are crooks regardless of the facts.

Ford Bronco Changing Dealers if Bumped to MY22… HATE my Dealer 1624386121768

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m not getting into the politics of the dealership model. It has its pros and cons but I will say I am always against laws that effect how freely commerce can happen in the US.

Anyway, at this point I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that my dealer blows and did take advantage of me to push orders for people paying the mark up.

I will continue to ride out MY21 with the thin hope it happening but will shop for a different dealer for my MY22.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I emailed my dealer again as I saw members here taking delivery and asked again where I was in their allotments and how many they had been given…. How many were scheduled…. How many were in bound for their demos and customers (there is one listed on their site already)?

That straight said they are not allowed to tell me any of that. So as I had already suspected and others have said. My reservations must have gone to something or someone else and I am fairly certain their is not much of a chance my completely clean build will be pulled for MY21.

Ah well. MY22 I will drive a good distance to a different dealer for mine. Such is life.

4Runfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC / Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have not converted my reservation to an order yet but after speaking to my local dealer, I'm not impressed. Now highly considering switching and appreciate all the posts about honest and reputable dealers here like Granger and Stephens.

I understand that I can change the dealer on the reservation. Haven't looked yet but if anyone has done it, let me know

Sponsored
OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just because I care no one else has to. ;-)

I contacted my dealer again to see where I stood in line and they still refuse to tell me how many allocations they have and where I sit in line other than to “assure” me that my position has not moved down. :rolleyes:

I haven’t been past the dealership since I was in order to convert my day one reservation to an order… yes very late in the game. Not that either of those facts really matter. lol But checking their website there have been two Broncos that I have seen pop up with VINs. I am assuming other customers orders, but I haven’t seen them yet.

Hopefully they enjoy them but I have a feeling they are with dealer mark ups like they were trying to charge me. And maybe one was in my original spot in line? Dunno. It is what is and it’s just a car.

FYI: I have a simple build with no constraints from the get-go: Big Bend, 2.3, auto, soft top, switches, rear locker and built-in Navi with the mid package.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With the green dot change over I asked my useless dealer about my order.

The green dot is showing on all 3 of my reservations…. for my one order.

I am quite certain my dealer has used my first reservations, including my Day One, which I know means Jack and Shit, to order units for their lot.

Or maybe it is just a weird Ford internet thing. Ha.

Anyway my dealer told me he wasn’t sure what it meant maybe my Bronco was getting built. :rolleyes: He still wouldn’t tell me my order code nor how many allocations they have nor where I was in the list other than to tell me again I hadn’t moved from “my spot.”

I am very certain they can find people to pay their dealer mark ups. One of those people will not be me.

I have the signed MSRP contract but if… IF… they are plying games like I am fairly certain they are then I doubt they would hold up. I’m only hanging on right now on the extreme outside chance I will see my Bronco this year.

OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco arrived at my dealer last Friday.

I am dreading going in there tomorrow to finish the purchase as I can feel it in my bones that the BS mark up crap they have been trying to play with me is not over.

I am not paying a nickel over MSRP and that was a hard sell to myself to do.

If all works out I am looking forward to finally having it. If not then ah well I will go with a good dealer and have to travel.

B59C69A9-7BEB-4D51-8032-2A1BCB54BC8D.jpeg

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Bronco arrived at my dealer last Friday.

I am dreading going in there tomorrow to finish the purchase as I can feel it in my bones that the BS mark up crap they have been trying to play with me is not over.

I am not paying a nickel over MSRP and that was a hard sell to myself to do.

If all works out I am looking forward to finally having it. If not then ah well I will go with a good dealer and have to travel.

Ford Bronco Changing Dealers if Bumped to MY22… HATE my Dealer B59C69A9-7BEB-4D51-8032-2A1BCB54BC8D
I wish you luck, and hope it's a smooth transaction.

BTW, is that white stuff some kind of protection Ford puts on the Bronco before shipping? :)
Sponsored