First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I really wanted BD. Love the grill and I like the blue accents better than the orange. But I only want a manual and it seems that right now they are not offering the manual BD with the mid package. Really wanted the heated seats and dual zone AC/Heat, and Ford Co-pilot 360. Higher gear ratio would be a nice to have too. So I'm now leaning towards getting the BL and then I'm able to pick the options I really want and still keep the manual transmission. The only things I don't like are the grill and orange accents. If I can replace some of the accents with black/grey that would be ideal. I'm wondering if they are easily removable and just paint them or trade someone for either the BB or BD accents. Same for the grill. Either try to trade for the BD or BB grill or just get it painted black.

Either way I'm finally good with my color (CbzG) and I don't mind the MIC top with that color. And I've got my options that I want. If the BD offer's mid package with a manual, I'm all set. If not, then I'm going with BL. I'm very excited about this truck and it's great that so many others are also as excited.

So, anyone else changing their initial model and what are you must have options?
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all in on badlands initially.
Then back and forth with badlands and black diamond.
After B&P I’m sold on black diamond “fully loaded”. Which means mid pkg, V6, and Sasquatch.
$3k less than similar badlands. Don’t get the sway bar disconnect or the signature lights. Other wise it’s the same.
Plus I like the black diamond interior, grille, and regular lights better. Personal choice of course but more my taste.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After B&P I’m sold on black diamond “fully loaded”. Which means mid pkg, V6, and Sasquatch.
$3k less than similar badlands. Don’t get the sway bar disconnect or the signature lights. Other wise it’s the same.
Plus I like the black diamond interior, grille, and regular lights better. Personal choice of course but more my taste.
I agree. In regards saving money, BD is the Way to go for sure. However, there just is something about the Badlands that keeps calling me. I do not want to settle just to save a few thousands. I plan to have this for 10+ years! It is a personal choice. Bottomline, I will forget about saving money to second I have my Badlands in my driveway. Good Luck!

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. In regards saving money, BD is the Way to go for sure. However, there just is something about the Badlands that keeps calling me. I do not want to settle just to save a few thousands. I plan to have this for 10+ years! It is a personal choice. Bottomline, I will forget about saving money to second I have my Badlands in my driveway. Good Luck!
For myself, it's closer to $10k between BD and BL if I push to get the only Lux item I want (the adaptive CC). I know it's far from a "purist" option, but I consider it a safety option for a daily driver - and I feel (and Ford should feel this exact same way), they shouldn't bury safety items under the highest option package to make their money. I know it's done on purpose, but it just feels a little weaselly for a safety option.

I'm actually to a point where I just throw in the towel and get a used 2016 loaded M3. It's a knee jerk reaction, but still just my personal experience so far with B&P and trying to price out build options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ll give it a couple weeks to see if B&P gets fixed/revised. I was originally all in on BB when I made my late Aug reservation. As it stands I’m giving priority to the Auto OD and rear locker availability on BD without a mandatory Squatching as on base and BB. To the point where I find myself accepting AT with the mid pkg if I have to, the get the rest of the drive train as I want it.
I want the MGV upholstery, but prefer the all-black of the BL. I’m going Rapid Red for paint, and the body color patches inside of the 2 door won’t work with the grabber blue highlights, but those can be swapped for a neutral color from the BB interiors.
I was surprised at how much I like the sand/ onyx color scheme of the BB including the dashboard with the Rapid Red door highlight. If the AOD and rear locker were a la carte at that level I may go back to it.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As BD guy who wont jump up to the BL i say stick to your guns and let Ford know they messed up. :)

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I cant do those headlights on the BL and up models. I really wish there was an option to change it

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most likely changing to BL unless some change comes to B&P as I'm in the same boat as you OP. While my Fiesta isn't the fanciest thing I do not want to give up the manual trans, proximity entry and automatic climate control. The headlights will be a nice upgrade but I also wanted the blue accents and the BD model as a skier. However I've been considering Cyber Orange since day 1 and the accents will go well with that.

I'll likely never use the swaybar disconnect as I wont be doing much offroading outside of abandoned roads and logging roads.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I compared the two models and loaded them similarly. The price difference on my builds were basically a wash. I will probably stick with the BL although I do have concerns about the electronic sway bar disconnect considering the problems that Jeep is having with theirs.

Reactions: RLW

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I really wanted BD. Love the grill and I like the blue accents better than the orange. But I only want a manual and it seems that right now they are not offering the manual BD with the mid package. Really wanted the heated seats and dual zone AC/Heat, and Ford Co-pilot 360. Higher gear ratio would be a nice to have too. So I'm now leaning towards getting the BL and then I'm able to pick the options I really want and still keep the manual transmission. The only things I don't like are the grill and orange accents. If I can replace some of the accents with black/grey that would be ideal. I'm wondering if they are easily removable and just paint them or trade someone for either the BB or BD accents. Same for the grill. Either try to trade for the BD or BB grill or just get it painted black.

Either way I'm finally good with my color (CbzG) and I don't mind the MIC top with that color. And I've got my options that I want. If the BD offer's mid package with a manual, I'm all set. If not, then I'm going with BL. I'm very excited about this truck and it's great that so many others are also as excited.

So, anyone else changing their initial model and what are you must have options?
Changing a transmission is more expensive and difficult than swapping a grill and interior accents. I believe the grill and the accents have bronco screws which are meant to be removable and modified. i don't know why they would force the auto trans with the mid package. doesn't make any sense.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Changing from the Wildtrak to the Badlands. Just gonna upgrade the BL to the 2.7 engine and SQ package. For me, it's the seat colors of the Wildtrak that are turning me off. I would rather have all black and the BL has it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changing from BB to BD after seeing and touching the marine vinyl in person. I do like the BB grill and think its the best of the bunch but the seating material looks cheap. I will buy the grill aftermarket and if I can get a silver one like the launch video I will paint it myself.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all over the place. Originally a BB but wanted high package. Changed to OB, hate the flares, hate the cloth interior more. Changed to BD for the vinyl and washout floor. Keep trying to justify the OB with the navy leather because want the high package but questioning when and how I can get rid of the god awful flares and mirror caps. It will be for my wife and she said she’s fine without the high package but I’ve bought cars I settled for and I don’t want to spend 40K and wish we got that screen and everything later. Keep getting pulled back to the BL for the 33’s, Signature headlights and high package. 7K is a pricy change just for a few things but it’s only 3K then a leather OB. BL scares me with all it’s fancy sway bars, locking differentials, gearing etc. it’s just so much more than my wife needs to drive to work. But alas here I am, Ford has made only one trim desirable.

I wish I wasn’t involved lol because it’s for her but I’m invested now and I can’t help but insert my opinion.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I started out yesterday wanting BL. Switched to Wildtrak, then to a Squatched BD. Holding steady last 24 hrs with squatched BD. I like the grille and interior of the Bd more than BL. And I don't need sway bar disconnect.

Good thing that B&p was released a couple of months before ordering starts. I'll probably be changing my mind several times until then.
Sponsored