Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BL black interior has me leaning toward the OBX actually. Everybody seems to hate the navy pier interior but me. I just wish I could see good, real life interior pics of it, the dash, etc.
Also, instead of getting the leather seats I don't mind getting the MGV seats with manual controls. I am pretty sure my kids would be pretty rough on the OBX cloth seats if I got them.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soooo how many weeks left to decide?! Lol

all you swingers have got me debating my rock solid Black Diamond.

I’ve considered bandlands, only because I want the suspension and the “look”.

this was after deciding that Sasquatch big bend and black diamond were too expensive.

4 doors, 2.7 and mid package are my only musts.
aux switches are a plus plus
MGV is also a plus plus

Also, I don’t like the Sasquatch wheels.

do I squatch the BB or BD OR go badlands or stick with what I thought I wanted, BD on steelies.

gonna be carbonized grey, Oxford white or cactus Grey.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BL black interior has me leaning toward the OBX actually. Everybody seems to hate the navy pier interior but me. I just wish I could see good, real life interior pics of it, the dash, etc.
I rather like the navy pier interior as well. That's what finally pushed me to an Outer Banks. I like the Badlands well enough, but, I just would never really use the swaybar disconnect, and didn't want to pay that much for features I'd never use, that and I do not like the orange accents at all.

With the Wildtrak, I ended up not being a huge fan of the digital camo seats, or the glossy Badlands grille and glossy black mirror caps.

Decided to check out the OBX finally and built it up to WT level. I get that sweet six-slot grille, I like the Navy Pier better than the WT interior, and since I intended to get the Sasquatch package on whatever Bronco I bought? I don't have to deal with those godforsaken tires or body-color fenders on the stock Outer Banks.

OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo how many weeks left to decide?! Lol

all you swingers have got me debating my rock solid Black Diamond.

I’ve considered bandlands, only because I want the suspension and the “look”.

this was after deciding that Sasquatch big bend and black diamond were too expensive.

4 doors, 2.7 and mid package are my only musts.
aux switches are a plus plus
MGV is also a plus plus

Also, I don’t like the Sasquatch wheels.

do I squatch the BB or BD OR go badlands or stick with what I thought I wanted, BD on steelies.

gonna be carbonized grey, Oxford white or cactus Grey.
We have the same "musts." I agree on the squatch. Not a fan of the smaller rims.

OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rather like the navy pier interior as well. That's what finally pushed me to an Outer Banks. I like the Badlands well enough, but, I just would never really use the swaybar disconnect, and didn't want to pay that much for features I'd never use, that and I do not like the orange accents at all.

With the Wildtrak, I ended up not being a huge fan of the digital camo seats, or the glossy Badlands grille and glossy black mirror caps.

Decided to check out the OBX finally and built it up to WT level. I get that sweet six-slot grille, I like the Navy Pier better than the WT interior, and since I intended to get the Sasquatch package on whatever Bronco I bought? I don't have to deal with those godforsaken tires or body-color fenders on the stock Outer Banks.
The navy pier interior is nice if you want an exterior color that compliments it. I personally don't want the blue type options offered or some funky cactus gray.

The nice thing about all this is everyone can be different and hopefully get what they want.

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The navy pier interior is nice if you want an exterior color that compliments it. I personally don't want the blue type options offered or some funky cactus gray.

The nice thing about all this is everyone can be different and hopefully get what they want.
Wholeheartedly agreed. It's fun to hear about all of the different builds for our Broncos and the reasons behind them, and it's always nice to finally find the one that manages to check all the boxes.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, wanted OBX from the start then a buddy convinced me to look at Badlands and I am hooked. Going with the MGV and saving $2200, No Squatch since the BL is pretty much already Squatched. Loading it up.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, wanted OBX from the start then a buddy convinced me to look at Badlands and I am hooked. Going with the MGV and saving $2200, No Squatch since the BL is pretty much already Squatched. Loading it up.
agree. the only difference i see with badlands suspension compared to squatch is wheels/tires and squatch has taller springs. but the A51 overland build showed us that 35” aftermarket wheels/tires work fine without the squatch lift. i’m going badlands lux, no squatch and the getting 35” aftermarket rims/pizza cutter tires. i don’t want those squatch mud tires anyway...

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, so now ya'll got me looking into this again... i really wanted 4 door with vinyl interior and the 12' touchscreen w the B & O speakers.. that was until i saw the b & o only came w the LUX pack so bye bye LUX pack... if the 2.3L is ok for us over the 2.7L the Badlands might over take the Outer Banks i want... here is my question though... on this

SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition, LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Connected Build-In Navigation System

is that a the 12" screen? i says like it is, but on the website it doesnt change the interior look to the 12" screen... anyone know?

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really hamstrung purchasers with these trims. Yes the interiors leave a lot to be desired, with limited options, on a much anticipated rival to Wrangler.

More egregious is the pigeon-holing of add-ons which is pressuring buyers in to higher priced trims. I think most but the hardest-core rock crawlers would go BD or BB for their needs and add the SAS package.

However Ford said, "you like big screens in the dash, right? Oh and don't you want some sound you can hear with top down? Well pony up (get it?) another $6,000 for the privilege of ADDING ON some speakers and a screen you can see. Oh, and yes the seat stitching is orange on your red truck."

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so now ya'll got me looking into this again... i really wanted 4 door with vinyl interior and the 12' touchscreen w the B & O speakers.. that was until i saw the b & o only came w the LUX pack so bye bye LUX pack... if the 2.3L is ok for us over the 2.7L the Badlands might over take the Outer Banks i want... here is my question though... on this

SYNC®4 with Enhanced Voice Recognition, LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Connected Build-In Navigation System

is that a the 12" screen? i says like it is, but on the website it doesnt change the interior look to the 12" screen... anyone know?
I think the picture is misleading, I am pretty sure someone else has made mention of it. I think you either have to get LUX to get the 12" screen or its also in the High package when you upgrade to the 12" screen.

OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does show the 12" screen and states 8" for the description. I think this is a B&P error and someone at Ford got a little Copy/Paste happy when making the site. The lux package comes with the 12" screen.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
well the hope saving some $ just went away.. wife is 5'1" and said i like the side steps.. so its the Outer Banks and i just showed her the pics of the CG and Outer Banks Orange from yesterdays find and now its a no brainer... that CG is the only color that changes in the light and that Outer Banks is clean and amazing looking.. now only question is .. is the 2.3L reliable for 100k miles... or should i go with the 2.7L....

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are not the only one! That is the interior I prefer as well. My reservation is for the Wildtrak but once I saw the interior choices I went back and forth between the Badlands and OBX. Once I added everything I want (Velocity Blue/Sasquatch - which removes the colored fender flares/MIC Roof/Sound Deadening/Keypad/Leather Navy & Gray Seats/Aux Switches/Floor Liners/LUX/2.7/Tow pkg/Canvas Bimini I ended up less than $100.00 more than a Wildtrak with the same equipment. I lose out on the darker beauty rings but I have a set of those on my Raptor and it's an easy switch (I hope) . . . I did seriously think about going with the Badlands BUT I am not going to be rock crawling and like having the side steps - which the Badlands does not allow for due to the rock rails . . . I can not count how many times I have built these three models but keep landing on the same spot (I think . . . )

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

This is exactly what I finally ended up doing as well . . . and at the end of the day I am less that $100.00 more than I would have been with the same stuff on the Wildtrak for @100.00, spread over 36 payments I think it will be okay.
Sponsored