Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well the hope saving some $ just went away.. wife is 5'1" and said i like the side steps.. so its the Outer Banks and i just showed her the pics of the CG and Outer Banks Orange from yesterdays find and now its a no brainer... that CG is the only color that changes in the light and that Outer Banks is clean and amazing looking.. now only question is .. is the 2.3L reliable for 100k miles... or should i go with the 2.7L....
You can still get a 12" screen with high package. I think I got focused on the radio and sound areas, not the actual 12" screen option.

Screenshot_20201117-064022_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was sure of my Badlands choice since my reservation on day three. Now it’s the color choice I need to nail down. I do some off-roading and trailgating. I want a color that’s less likely to show pinstriping. Cactus gray, Silver, White, Area 51, or what color my rig is now. Gray.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I rather like the navy pier interior as well. That's what finally pushed me to an Outer Banks. I like the Badlands well enough, but, I just would never really use the swaybar disconnect, and didn't want to pay that much for features I'd never use, that and I do not like the orange accents at all.

With the Wildtrak, I ended up not being a huge fan of the digital camo seats, or the glossy Badlands grille and glossy black mirror caps.

Decided to check out the OBX finally and built it up to WT level. I get that sweet six-slot grille, I like the Navy Pier better than the WT interior, and since I intended to get the Sasquatch package on whatever Bronco I bought? I don't have to deal with those godforsaken tires or body-color fenders on the stock Outer Banks.
Good decision making here

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still torn. I was all in for a 2 door Velocity Blue OB until I saw that God awful interior. I was fine keeping cloth but really wanted to MGV so that if it happened to get wet from rain or condensation overnight that it wouldn't get musty. I really wanted a bit of a lift and 33s as well. So I built a Badlands. I like the look a lot better but with the things I want (high package, 2.7 auto), it comes out almost $5k higher than the OB. It will NEVER go rock crawling.....just not my thing. We'll hit some light trails and the beach but it will 90% be driven on the road.

I will be honest and say that I really don't know much about all of the suspension, sway bar, lockers, etc. It's been 20 years since I owned a Bronco and it wasn't used for trails then either. Can you guys give me your opinion on how different the OB and BL may drive on the road due to those differences? I know that no one really knows for this particular vehicle. The only thing I did to my 69 was to lift it and get 35s. That thing was not a comfortable ride but I loved it so I almost feel like nothing can be as bad as that!

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
still doesnt make sense.. cause top of pick says you can, bottom of pic says Outer Banks and up not Black Diamond... wife likes the side steps so its Outer Banks now anyway..

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like the navy but I really don't like the badlands either. Black leather is boring and overdone, and the orange accents make it look like Halloween.
As a Flyers fan, I resemble that remark!

OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still torn. I was all in for a 2 door Velocity Blue OB until I saw that God awful interior. I was fine keeping cloth but really wanted to MGV so that if it happened to get wet from rain or condensation overnight that it wouldn't get musty. I really wanted a bit of a lift and 33s as well. So I built a Badlands. I like the look a lot better but with the things I want (high package, 2.7 auto), it comes out almost $5k higher than the OB. It will NEVER go rock crawling.....just not my thing. We'll hit some light trails and the beach but it will 90% be driven on the road.

I will be honest and say that I really don't know much about all of the suspension, sway bar, lockers, etc. It's been 20 years since I owned a Bronco and it wasn't used for trails then either. Can you guys give me your opinion on how different the OB and BL may drive on the road due to those differences? I know that no one really knows for this particular vehicle. The only thing I did to my 69 was to lift it and get 35s. That thing was not a comfortable ride but I loved it so I almost feel like nothing can be as bad as that!
Honestly, I probably won't go rock crawling either. But for the look and other features I want it is cheaper for me to get a Badlands. For a bit the one thing keeping me at OBX was the automatic seats controls, but I am over that requirement now.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I probably won't go rock crawling either. But for the look and other features I want it is cheaper for me to get a Badlands. For a bit the one thing keeping me at OBX was the automatic seats controls, but I am over that requirement now.
I wish it was cheaper for me!! Then it would be an absolute no brainer! I guess I'm just fighting with myself: do I pay $5k more for a lot of stuff I don't need just to get the look that I want?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

still doesnt make sense.. cause top of pick says you can, bottom of pic says Outer Banks and up not Black Diamond... wife likes the side steps so its Outer Banks now anyway..
Depending when your delivery is, you might want to look into the aftermarket to fill that need.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Side steps are not that expensive and not that hard to bolt on. I wouldn’t let that stop me from choosing a different trim that fits my other needs better.

I understand the side step issue though: had to bolt a step on my sliders on my Jeep and will likely be replacing the rock rails on the Bronco with sliders that have a removable step.
Ford Bronco Changing from OBX to Badlands has freed me 7F3B6E06-EB79-4D8B-8988-7B76FB579602

Sponsored

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Side steps are not that expensive and not that hard to bolt on. I wouldn’t let that stop me from choosing a different trim that fits my other needs better.

I understand the side step issue though: had to bolt a step on my sliders on my Jeep and will likely be replacing the rock rails on the Bronco with sliders that have a removable step.
Ford Bronco Changing from OBX to Badlands has freed me 7F3B6E06-EB79-4D8B-8988-7B76FB579602
thats nice.. great point, i didnt know these are going to be able day 1...

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto - only that I went from First Edition to BL. I feel so much more comfortable and confident with the decision now.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
well the hope saving some $ just went away.. wife is 5'1" and said i like the side steps.. so its the Outer Banks and i just showed her the pics of the CG and Outer Banks Orange from yesterdays find and now its a no brainer... that CG is the only color that changes in the light and that Outer Banks is clean and amazing looking.. now only question is .. is the 2.3L reliable for 100k miles... or should i go with the 2.7L....
I would get the Bronco you want and aftermarket the steps. Get the Ford parts department to order the OBX steps if you really like them. Would be really nice if Ford would offer a Raptor style step as an accessory.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The more i read, the more i get mixed up...
Wife wants lux package... only way she going to stop complaining about everything else. Beside I can always push the sound up and don't hear her singing.

First i was dead set on OBX, but interior made me look elsewhere...
Landed on BL and seemed pretty sweet until I started playing with B&P...
Over here (Quebec), BL is more expensive than the WT...
Sas OBX is the same price as a BL... Still more expensive than WT.
I just hate the camo seats... seem cheap and almost threw up...

Ideal built would be BL suspension, wheels with handles and mirror of OBX.

Janskin

Badlands
First Name
Marvin/Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram, Past owner of 68’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Give it a month or so after the Bronco officially hits the streets and AMP Research will have Power Steps available for around $1100 or so if they follow with there normal pricing. We want the step option but not going to change models just to get the steps when we can get some after market ones that will fit well. Stepping up to the High package and still being under OBX or WT pricing sells it for me.
Sponsored