Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more i read, the more i get mixed up...
Wife wants lux package... only way she going to stop complaining about everything else. Beside I can always push the sound up and don't hear her singing.

First i was dead set on OBX, but interior made me look elsewhere...
Landed on BL and seemed pretty sweet until I started playing with B&P...
Over here (Quebec), BL is more expensive than the WT...
Sas OBX is the same price as a BL... Still more expensive than WT.
I just hate the camo seats... seem cheap and almost threw up...

Ideal built would be BL suspension, wheels with handles and mirror of OBX.
Talk about target market pricing. Could it be a bug in B&P? Or is it more due to the options you want?
Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Talk about target market pricing. Could it be a bug in B&P? Or is it more due to the options you want?
Basically need the minimum of 4 door(family), auto and hard top...
Prices are all getting pretty much the same with these 3 options.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could get the color I want and the mid pkg on a base , that would be my build . Hell , the base interior doesn't look bad ,LOL.
Had originally sent my dealer a Wildtrak build until I saw the interior so now I'm pretty much stuck on a BL with High Pkg . Might as well spend it all .

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since the B&P came out I have been beating myself up about what to pick externally and internally for my original OBX configuration.
I was beating myself up about the interior selections and what to pick for the ext/int colors to even look decent together. I also wanted it to ride a little higher with a possible sas or aftermarket lift.
Tonight I did some exploring with the Badlands and found a config that hits my key points and is less expensive than my OBX build with Sas. My key points
-remote start
-heated seats
-a good looking 4 door ride which it provides with the bigger tires

Basically all I needed to do was add mid package, and the 2.7 to badlands and I got what I want. AND I can pick whatever color for the ext. Paint since there is only one color choice. Another kicker is it is ~$1,500 cheaper.
I've toyed with this, but my shortness needs tube steps, and it's not an option with BL... I'd have to go aftermarket, and the question is, how long before something is available?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish it was cheaper for me!! Then it would be an absolute no brainer! I guess I'm just fighting with myself: do I pay $5k more for a lot of stuff I don't need just to get the look that I want?
Same here man. We were bouncing between BD-OB-BL.

We just decided screw it and we will get the one with all the cool shit. It’s a few thousand dollars at the end of the day. I’d prefer to spend less but oh well, the truck will be 100% bad ass as a BL. Having bought cars and sacrificed to save a bit, it always haunted me in the end. Even now on my Challenger (I couldn’t have known at the time) I’m kicking myself for not buying the 1320 package. But I didn’t know at the time I’d love to race it. Well I don’t know in this car if we will love to crawl it (very doubtful) but at least it has the functionality.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Give it a month or so after the Bronco officially hits the streets and AMP Research will have Power Steps available for around $1100 or so if they follow with there normal pricing. We want the step option but not going to change models just to get the steps when we can get some after market ones that will fit well. Stepping up to the High package and still being under OBX or WT pricing sells it for me.
Besides the functionality of the step, they also hide the pinch welds on the rocker panel. Even if no one intends to be bouncing their Bronco off rocks, no one should be content with the appearance of the exposed pinch welds. The factory steps while functional still leave the unfinished look. It's fine if you are getting the Base. Seems like an oversight when paying $50K for your rig.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides the functionality of the step, they also hide the pinch welds on the rocker panel. Even if no one intends to be bouncing their Bronco off rocks, no one should be content with the appearance of the exposed pinch welds. The factory steps while functional still leave the unfinished look. It's fine if you are getting the Base. Seems like an oversight when paying $50K for your rig.
Me seeing the pinch welds...

Ford Bronco Changing from OBX to Badlands has freed me 1605625650911

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me seeing the pinch welds...

Ford Bronco Changing from OBX to Badlands has freed me 1605625650911
You aren't the only one. For those trims that don't come with the factory rails, Ford should have applied a cheap plastic trim to hide them. For those that are getting the cheap rock rails, there are cheaper and better quality body mounted rails on the aftermarket. It won't take long for the aftermarket to get up to speed.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same. Switched from OBX 2.7L lux leather to Badlands 2.7L lux MGV, and im saving money. Especially since my OBX build included higher gearing, aftermarket 33s, plus added mod top since i was going for a clean AMB OBX painted fenders. With Badlands, I could stick with the MIC, MGV for $0, and get a lighter color and save thousands, with no waiting, and no money wasted on ditching a soft top, 32s, etc. Some of the savings have to do with the unfair pricing of the 2.7L on the OBX (which could be corrected)

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to get the OBX because of the steps. Then I decided on the BL but still need the steps. I talked to my dealer and he said that he had conversation with AMP Research a few months ago and they told him they hope to have a power step available for the Bronco by July. No guarantee.

I'll be lucky to see my order before Sept/Oct so my dealer said he will order the the power step and have everything ready for me when I pick up my vehicle. And if AMP or another power step company fails to have a product I will have the Ford running board ordered and use that until such time as there is a power step option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to get the OBX because of the steps. Then I decided on the BL but still need the steps. I talked to my dealer and he said that he had conversation with AMP Research a few months ago and they told him they hope to have a power step available for the Bronco by July. No guarantee.

I'll be lucky to see my order before Sept/Oct so my dealer said he will order the the power step and have everything ready for me when I pick up my vehicle. And if AMP or another power step company fails to have a product I will have the Ford running board ordered and use that until such time as there is a power step option.
That is good to know. I am excited to see what mods the market creates for the Bronco.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a common theme to your delimma. You kept going back to Badlands. And yes a tan interior would be nice.
Or gray. Anything lighter than black for those of us in TX.
I too keep going back and forth between Base+Sas and BL w/o Sas. With the $$ saved on Base I could pay for a 2" lift (when available) and a nice Katzkin interior with heated/cooled seats. But then I'd be giving up the color I wanted, signature headlights/LED tail lights, grill, sway bar disconnect, wash out interior, .... round and round I go...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Changing from OBX to Badlands has freed me 2021 Ford Bronco rock rail kit 2 zooom
Ford Bronco Changing from OBX to Badlands has freed me White 4dr side zzom

I am not sure they are pinch welds, they may be the 3 attachment points for the rock rails. Your point is spot on though that they are unsightly and should be used to attach a trim piece of some type. This has to be a simple fix. A piece of trim with LED courtesy lights would be perfect.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waffling back and forth so much between BD, OBX, and BL that I literally made a pros and cons sheet with minimum must haves for each trim, and additional nice to have options. All because you can't get High on BD.

Screenshot_20201117-174505_Sheets.jpg

OP
OP
elnorte

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waffling back and forth so much between BD, OBX, and BL that I literally made a pros and cons sheet with minimum must haves for each trim, and additional nice to have options. All because you can't get High on BD.

Screenshot_20201117-174505_Sheets.jpg
I didn't make it to the point where I created a spreadsheet, but that is a good idea
Sponsored

Last edited: