Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Laurensimms7, Lauren, get the Bronco the way you want it the first time. You don't want to be riding down the road thinking "I wish'. You'll never be fully satisfied with your Bronco if you're always having second thoughts. Good luck on your decision.

At the first of the year I dropped the MIC top in hopes of a quicker build date. Although the soft top is an excellent choice, I couldn't get it out of my mind that I really wanted the hard top. I changed it back to the hard top last Thurday. And, now I don't have that nagging "wonder" running around in my big ol' dumb head. :)
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For some reason I have had a change of heart and feel like the OBX with High pkg & leather seats I ordered is a bit overboard and I could probably be fine with the Big Bend with Mid pkg. I have a couple questions:

-Have any of you switched from High to Mid and have no regrets? The main things I liked about the High was the 12 inch screen and the overhead view camera. Will I actually miss those things?

-With moving down into the lower trim with lower accessory package, is there a possibility of seeing my bronco sooner than if I stuck with the fully loaded OBX?

-Ive never had cloth seats before- Any feedback on the broncos cloth seats?

Thank you to all who weigh in on this. Im thinking the money saved may be worth it while still getting all the standard modern features one would expect in 2022…
I took delivery of my OBX with cloth seats a few weeks ago. I'm honestly glad I saved the money because the cloth looks good and appear to be durable. Scrapping leather and advanced 4x4 let me spring for the large infotainment and I'm so glad I did. It's something that would be impossible to upgrade on my own and I benefit from it every single time I start the Bronco and back out of my driveway (360 camera)

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took delivery of my OBX with cloth seats a few weeks ago. I'm honestly glad I saved the money because the cloth looks good and appear to be durable. Scrapping leather and advanced 4x4 let me spring for the large infotainment and I'm so glad I did. It's something that would be impossible to upgrade on my own and I benefit from it every single time I start the Bronco and back out of my driveway (360 camera)
Yeah I think this is where im at… I actually love the way the cloth looks. Once I take off the leather seats from the order, its a $1600 difference between the big bend (with mid pkg, added Signature headlights, no price protection) and the OBX with high pkg. I feel the 1600 for the upgrade to high package is well worth it

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was originally an OBX build. I did like the body colored bits, and some other stuff. Now my OBX build didn't have leather or high (IMO those were way over priced) so when I studied my build though, I saw could get essentially the same in my BB with mid. I don't regret it at all.

Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I understand your situation. My original order was for a Badlands/Lux. But, when it was time to reorder for '22, I decided to get a Big Bend with the Mid Package. The cameras and large touch screen are really nice, but I chose to spend the money elsewhere. I do plan to install Katzkin leather, as I have not had cloth seats since 1992.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was originally an OBX build. I did like the body colored bits, and some other stuff. Now my OBX build didn't have leather or high (IMO those were way over priced) so when I studied my build though, I saw could get essentially the same in my BB with mid. I don't regret it at all.
I wish I would have thought of switching to BB before the March 7 cut off…. Now the savings are small enough (once I take leather seats off my OBX order) that sticking with OBX probably is my best bet. Switching to Mid package would kick off my price protection 😕

IndyBD

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Changed from a high Badlands to a mid Black Diamond and I am
Happy and not missing a thing.
Couldn't agree more. I did the same but with Lux. The two things I truly wanted from the lux were wireless charging and the homelink visor, but I can retro fit those for about $500 with factory parts which is about $11k cheaper then BL Lux.

Technically there's a third, I really liked the BL grill, but I'm happy with the BD grill in person vs online.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For some reason I have had a change of heart and feel like the OBX with High pkg & leather seats I ordered is a bit overboard and I could probably be fine with the Big Bend with Mid pkg. I have a couple questions:

-Have any of you switched from High to Mid and have no regrets? The main things I liked about the High was the 12 inch screen and the overhead view camera. Will I actually miss those things?

-With moving down into the lower trim with lower accessory package, is there a possibility of seeing my bronco sooner than if I stuck with the fully loaded OBX?

Thank you to all who weigh in on this. Im thinking the money saved may be worth it while still getting all the standard modern features one would expect in 2022…
12" screen is a must have!

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 12 inch screen is worth every penny IMO. I have the 12, the loaner bronco I used for a weekend had the smaller screen and it was a world of difference.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 12 inch screen is worth every penny IMO. I have the 12, the loaner bronco I used for a weekend had the smaller screen and it was a world of difference.
Totally convinced!!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with cloth seats cuz i live in the Southwest .... no more syngeing my legs when i wear shorts .... non-cloth seats get extremely hot in our balmy weather

I also think the 12 inch screen is well worth it

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence for so long, between my initially reserved Badlands w/ 2.3 7 MT and High package, or changing to a similarly priced Black Diamond with 2.7 10AT Squatch and Mid package. In the end, I stuck with the Badlands 7MT and High, because I couldn't get that screen and cameras out of my head, and really wanted the 7MT. Now that I've used them, I would have totally been pissed without the High package. If I hadn't known better, who knows, but the cameras and the 12" kick ass!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, my mind was made up too...

Thanks @Laurensimms7 for putting this together and everyone who responded!

Just gonna stick with what I got.

For clarity, the leather seats also give you the power seats? Is that it? I need that memory seating...
Sponsored