First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with cloth seats cuz i live in the Southwest .... no more syngeing my legs when i wear shorts .... non-cloth seats get extremely hot in our balmy weather

I also think the 12 inch screen is well worth it
Yeah that’s what’s pushing me toward cloth. While I dont live in an excessively hot area, I do hate when my legs get burned on my current leather seats. I currently live in VA, but will be moving back to the Jersey Shore within 2 years. So I may appreciate cloth during the cold winters, and also during the hot summers!
Sponsored

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally had a rapid red 2.7 base Sasquatch on order. After seeing several Broncos in person, it was clear that I wouldn't be happy with that choice. I changed my order to cyber orange 2.7 outer banks Sasquatch. Mid package, signature lighting, and cyber orange were now a must. For 2021 that made the choice to outer banks easy as it was the first option to get everything I wanted. Now that cyber orange is offered across all trims, I might have made a different choice. I'm in love with the retro looking cloth roast. I actually prefer the ribbed cloth seats over the leather. The mid package is all I need and I prefer the way the mid package outer banks painted mirror caps look with out the high or lux extras added.

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I orgianally had a rapid red 2.7 base sasquatch on order. After seeing several Broncos in person, it was clear that I wouldn't be happy with that choice. I changed my order to cyber orange 2.7 outer banks sasquatch. Mid package, signiture lighting, and cyber orange were now a must. For 2021 that made the choice to outer banks easy as it was the first option to get everything I wanted. Now that cyber orange is offered across all trims, I might have made a different choice. I'm in love with the retro looking cloth roast. I acually prefer the ribbed cloth seats over the leather. The mid package is all I need and I acually prefer the way the mid package outer banks painted mirror caps look with out high or lux extras added.
If you have a photo of your seats handy, do you mind sharing?

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here’s a few recent where you can see parts of the seats/dash.

65B0FAC6-931D-4DFD-AAB3-E49FB938BB9D.jpeg

4A7FC2BF-0C48-4E89-8B49-01899436AA28.jpeg

27B93339-BE31-4F66-BA8C-B927D58F24BA.jpeg

mikekelly43

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Mustang, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the OBX with the 12 inch screen and cloth seats and I'm very happy with both. I have a 2012 fusion with cloth seats that have held up extremely well with 165,000 miles on the car.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me, the only draw to the Outer Banks model is that I believe it's the lowest model in which you can opt for the 12" screen AND the brown interior. If I could have got a manual transmission in OBX, its probably what I would have went with. I have had many vehicles with leather and many vehicles with cloth - my personal preference is cloth as the temperature is always right, they don't crack/tear as the vehicle ages, and you can always update them with some nice covers down the road if you want to. Added bonus is they kind of make seat warmers irrelevant IMO which also saves money from having to add another package on most vehicles.

I went with Big Bend as it had everything I wanted except the 12" screen and to get that with a manual I would have had to spend $10k more to get the Badlands... not worth it considering all infotainment systems are out of date/style within a few years anyways.

Arkmola

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would stick to the order you have. I ordered the Big Bend but now wish I order the OBX with the high package and the brown interior. The front camera would be great to have.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s a few recent where you can see parts of the seats/dash.

Ford Bronco Changing order from OBX to Big Bend 27B93339-BE31-4F66-BA8C-B927D58F24BA

Ford Bronco Changing order from OBX to Big Bend 27B93339-BE31-4F66-BA8C-B927D58F24BA

Thank you for sharing pictures... Just wondering, are you or have you addressed the poorly painted door hinge? I'd think with a vehicle that, as one of the features, is to go door less, the hinges and finishes would be nice and professional when said doors are removed. No?

Others? Are y'alls door underings the same?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally had a rapid red 2.7 base Sasquatch on order. After seeing several Broncos in person, it was clear that I wouldn't be happy with that choice. I changed my order to cyber orange 2.7 outer banks Sasquatch. Mid package, signature lighting, and cyber orange were now a must. For 2021 that made the choice to outer banks easy as it was the first option to get everything I wanted. Now that cyber orange is offered across all trims, I might have made a different choice. I'm in love with the retro looking cloth roast. I actually prefer the ribbed cloth seats over the leather. The mid package is all I need and I prefer the way the mid package outer banks painted mirror caps look with out the high or lux extras added.
I wanted the Cloth/Roast too and you can't get that on many models. That to me is sweet...OBX!

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 12-inch screen is worth every penny IMO. I have the 12, the loaner bronco I used for a weekend had the smaller screen and it was a world of difference.
Yep, about twice the screen area. Helpful for those my age(57) that just started needing reading glasses. :)

My daily driver has a 17" screen, so the 12" seems like a minimum now. Sort of like a 65" TV is average size now and when I was selling them at Best Buy in my youth, a 50" was crazy big and expensive.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I switched from BB/mid to OBX/hi when I saw the bigger screen in person. One added plus was I think the OBX cloth seats are much nicer that the BB cloth seats. I originally I was planning on covering it and now can't get enough of it.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for sharing pictures... Just wondering, are you or have you addressed the poorly painted door hinge? I'd think with a vehicle that, as one of the features, is to go door less, the hinges and finishes would be nice and professional when said doors are removed. No?

Others? Are y'alls door underings the same?
Cyber Orange and/or white will show it the most. I've just accepted it as it's been like that on every Bronco I've ever seen door-less regardless of exterior color. Not the best, but definalty an afterthought. I guess they can get away with it because "removal of doors is for off-road use only. Safety systems will be affected." expect for BLIS, BLIS still works great because the mirrors are still attached. lol

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cyber Orange and/or white will show it the most. I've just accepted it as it's been like that on every Bronco I've ever seen door-less regardless of exterior color. Not the best, but definalty an afterthought. I guess they can get away with it because "removal of doors is for off-road use only. Safety systems will be affected." expect for BLIS, BLIS still works great because the mirrors are still attached. lol
Interesting... I'll have to ask this in the EG thread. Definitely a bummer! Seems unfinished.

Is Jeep like this too? If so, I suppose understand @Ford Motor Company standards... "good enough".

OP
OP
Laurensimms7

Laurensimms7

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: still haven’t switched the order to cloth. Husband says he would rather keep the leather and put on rough country seat covers in the summer to avoid hot seats. 🤣 Every time I think I have it figured out, one of us changes our mind lol
Sponsored