Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should I assume skid plates are a must on these considering the composite oil pan?
Sponsored

redstarn

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my fear is warranty from dealer , could they void our warranty ?

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sitting at a pep boys right now with an hour-long wait, to get my oil changed. I know with the Bronco, I want to change my own oil

For those of you planning to change your own Bronco's oil, do you plan to just slide under there and figure it out yourself? Or will you let the techs do it first and pick it up from there on after?

I don't imagine the Bronco being too different than say, a Ranger. But this is coming from someone who has never changed oil before a day in his life

Be gentle... my dad didn't teach me these things 😇

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/pro...il-change-special?_pos=1&_sid=f0666b19e&_ss=r

Hopefully this helps!

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I meet lots of suburban and urban folks who don't change their vehicle oil due to disposal issues. It likely depends on the state, but many auto parts places take used oil. Take it in the next time you buy the filter and oil. I take mine to the local county dump when I take my kitchen garbage. It's free to dump the used oil in their tank. Some folks heat their buildings with used oil in the winter and get credits for using used oil.

I have a 24 quart drain pan because my tractor holds 5 gallons of hydraulic oil. Most folks just changing gasoline engined cars can get away with 10 quart drain pans if they pour it back into the 4 or 5 quart jugs it comes in when finished.

Shop towels and funnels for filling and pouring into the old containers are a must. On a bronco/wrangler/F150 you don't need ramps or jacks due to the vehicle height making it easy to slide under to drain the oil pan and/or remove filters.

My experience is that most oil change places charge too much for synthetic oil, and some charge you and still pump in conventional oil. Most oil change places are employing people who don't know crap about cars, use electric impacts for removing and installing plugs (damage), and aren't nearly attentive enough to detail for my liking. Their machines often pump in oil based on your car engine type, and if they get it wrong and don't check the dipstick your car could be damaged.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're going to change your own oil, I would video it. Lots of people do this and it becomes a lot easier to prove.

Yes, Ford can and will give you a very hard time about changing your own oil. It's not impossible to get coverage, but it is not as simple.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're going to change your own oil, I would video it. Lots of people do this and it becomes a lot easier to prove.

Yes, Ford can and will give you a very hard time about changing your own oil. It's not impossible to get coverage, but it is not as simple.

Good thing about ordering the kits from us is we also have a record of when you bought the oil specific for your bronco!

We have had people reach out and ask for past receipts and it has worked!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Baloney. The Magnuson-Moss warranty act of 1975 prevents manufacturers from denying warranty claims because an owner serviced his own vehicle. The manufacturer has the burden of proof to show the parts used in the service caused a failure covered under a warranty.

All the owner needs are receipts and a written record of when the service was performed.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baloney. The Magnuson-Moss warranty act of 1975 prevents manufacturers from denying warranty claims because an owner serviced his own vehicle. The manufacturer has the burden of proof to show the parts used in the service caused a failure covered under a warranty.

All the owner needs are receipts and a written record of when the service was performed.
I'm familiar with the law. I'm known people to use it. Just not convinced it is as simple as many would have you believe. Suing Ford Motor company over $10,000 sounds like a level of sado masochism that not even I would be into.

As an aside, I don't think Ford would allege that the filter and oil are of inferior quality. They would simply allege that the work was not done.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hardest part, by far, is finding containers to store, transport, and find a legal place to dispose of the used oil (always seems to be extra oil in the pan from a lawnmower or something that won't go back in the empty new oil jug.
Yep by far the hardest part and biggest PIA. I do my own every once in awhile when I have a trip planned to the local transfer station to get rid of the oil. But most of the time I just bring in the oil and/or filter I want them to use and have the local shop do it.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm familiar with the law. I'm known people to use it. Just not convinced it is as simple as many would have you believe. Suing Ford Motor company over $10,000 sounds like a level of sado masochism that not even I would be into.

As an aside, I don't think Ford would allege that the filter and oil are of inferior quality. They would simply allege that the work was not done.
Then the legislation would be useless.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep by far the hardest part and biggest PIA. I do my own every once in awhile when I have a trip planned to the local transfer station to get rid of the oil. But most of the time I just bring in the oil and/or filter I want them to use and have the local shop do it.
You can buy an oil drain pan that closes up tight and take it to an oil recycling center. Before I got a 55-gallon oil drum that I fill and give back to a shop that uses it for heating fuel, I just saved window washer jugs and filled those.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't imagine Washington ever passing a law that was somewhat ineffective in practice. This would notably be the first time.
IIRC, my last F-150 owner's manual said something to the effect that the owner may be requested to show he has the knowledge and capability to perform the service in question.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a draft email in my gmail account where I keep all the filter part numbers, oil weight, capacity, other info on my cars. Makes shopping easy. I do the same thing with recipes, shopping lists, and covert communications with my mistress. ;)
Sponsored