Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is for those of us that have placed their order with Chapman Ford and plan to drive our new Bronco home. Many of us have 10+ hour drives without taking the scenic route and plan to make a fun trip out of the drive home.

Share your plans and any recommendations for stops here.
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If folks are getting theirs with Tom at Chapman and live in New England, I plan on taking backroads up the Delaware River coast to my ol' stompin' grounds in Warren County, NJ, visit the fam' (you don't have to as my 70+ year old parents won't be appreciative of the unexpected guests) and then up to Port Jervis, NY and then cross over to the Hudson. Figuring a nice 7+ hour drive back home.

Northwest Jersey has some great scenery and back roads. This is my parent's backyard (Appalachian Trail is on the crest of the mountain ridge and the Delaware Water Gap is on the far left of the pic).

Near my house is Shades of Death Rd. and my hometown is where the original Friday the 13th was filmed (in case you're into that sort of thing).
Ford Bronco Chapman Ford drive home itinerary thread IMG-6572.JPG

OP
OP
McBadlands

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably won't get serious about planning until I find out what season I will be there. I plan to do some sight seeing in Philly before heading south. I'm not sure if I will head down the coast of through the mountains.

It will probably be a two or three night trip for me.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool, a dedicated thread! I posted this elsewhere:

.... I grew up near Horsham, I don't consider it Philly, downtown Philly is about 45 min away.
I did most of my sightseeing as a kid..... historical sights in Philly like Independance Hall, the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross House, etc. Art Museum is a must see, and not just to go up the steps where 'Rocky' was filmed, there are some incredible collections there of neat old stuff.
Nearby, Johnsville NADC is where the astronauts trained in the 60's. There's a small museum there with the centrifuge they used to simulate the G-forces.
20 min North is Doylestown, with Mercer museum, Mercer Tile Works, and Fonthill Castle.
Another 20 min north is Lake Nockamixon with 10 miles of fun mountain bike trails.
1 hour north-ish by Allentown/Bethlehem is the old steel blast furnaces (take the tour), now a fantastic music venue.
Washington's Crossing Park is where..... well, you know. Then nearby New Hope/Lampertville/Lahaska is a touristy river town the wives would like.
Head a few hours west to see Gettysburg National Military park.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco VI

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F150 Raptor/21 Bronco FE/22 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread is for those of us that have placed their order with Chapman Ford and plan to drive our new Bronco home. Many of us have 10+ hour drives without taking the scenic route and plan to make a fun trip out of the drive home.

Share your plans and any recommendations for stops here.
I am coming from SC to pick my Bronco up from @DealerInsider too. I'll be watching this thread for any ideas shared here. Good luck with your order!

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

~ 5.5 hours through DelMarVa is a beautiful, peaceful drive. I think it will offer the best opportunity for break-in driving as road goes from 55 to 45 to 35 though every little burg along the way. I'll be making history as the first Bronco to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel; saving up now for that 20$ bridge toll.

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One way to Horsham, a little less than 3 hours coming from southern Delaware. Maybe take a ride through my old neighborhood near Newport, DE then down RT. 1 and stop in Dewey Beach and have a couple cold ones for old times sake.😎

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flying in with my wife for mine. Maybe spend a couple of days there and then take a week to see the sights in cities on the way down the coast to Savannah and then across to Bham. If the timing is right, our 30th ann is June. My late res should put me in 2nd qtr of 22.

Sponsored

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If folks are getting theirs with Tom at Chapman and live in New England, I plan on taking backroads up the Delaware River coast to my ol' stompin' grounds in Warren County, NJ, visit the fam' (you don't have to as my 70+ year old parents won't be appreciative of the unexpected guests) and then up to Port Jervis, NY and then cross over to the Hudson. Figuring a nice 7+ hour drive back home.

Northwest Jersey has some great scenery and back roads. This is my parent's backyard (Appalachian Trail is on the crest of the mountain ridge and the Delaware Water Gap is on the far left of the pic).

Near my house is Shades of Death Rd. and my hometown is where the original Friday the 13th was filmed (in case you're into that sort of thing).
Ford Bronco Chapman Ford drive home itinerary thread 10hour ride home
I grew up in Warren County too. Warren Hills ‘86. I live in Wisconsin now and I’ll be driving north along the Mississippi from Granger, Iowa.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grew up in Warren County too. Warren Hills ‘86. I live in Wisconsin now and I’ll be driving north along the Mississippi from Granger, Iowa.
North Warren Regional '96!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Chapman Ford drive home itinerary thread 10hour ride home
https://weirdnj.com/ - Seems interesting.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, it is! If folks are into that sort of thing, NJ offers a lot of weird shit. And the backroads in the Delaware River Recreation Area will certainly test out the Bronco's suspension!
https://weirdnj.com/stories/roadside-oddities/friday-the-13th/ (my grandfather's gas station was in the movie for about 2 seconds, so yeah, I'm kind of a big deal 😎)
https://weirdnj.com/stories/shades-of-death-road/
https://weirdnj.com/stories/princess-doe/ (body dumped and buried in my town's cemetery which, up until recently, was managed by my father; autograph line forms to the left :ROFLMAO: )

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, it is! If folks are into that sort of thing, NJ offers a lot of weird shit. And the backroads in the Delaware River Recreation Area will certainly test out the Bronco's suspension!
https://weirdnj.com/stories/roadside-oddities/friday-the-13th/ (my grandfather's gas station was in the movie for about 2 seconds, so yeah, I'm kind of a big deal 😎) - Make sure to tell @JAGSarge
https://weirdnj.com/stories/shades-of-death-road/
https://weirdnj.com/stories/princess-doe/ (body dumped and buried in my town's cemetery which, up until recently, was managed by my father; autograph line forms to the left :ROFLMAO: )
See above - :alien: :whistle:
Sponsored