Sponsored

cheap and simple front license plate relocation for BL bumper - modding a plate holder for Jeeps

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping this would work when I looked for options before I had my Badlands and it works great for me. We're going on a trip to SoCal and I have no idea how anal cops are on the way and there, so wanted to have a plate up front as I don't want to drive down there again for a fix it ticket, most likely will take this off again for here locally, cops don't seem to care.

I bought the Rugged Ridge license plate holder from Amazon for 25.99 and bent the arms that are for tube bumpers to go around the lower part of the outside 'wing' of what ever the Badlands bumpers name is and it works great. Won't move, won't scratch or rattle since there's thick rubber padding, and super easy to remove, one screw. And if you want to take the wings off for wheeling, plate will come off right with it.
Somebody else had this idea too, I can't remember if I saw it posted here or on Facebook and if it was for the same bumper, so I figured I'll post it with link to the bracket and some photos, admins feel free to merge or delete.
I ordered this bracket, comes with all the screws you need:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013REXGQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Photos show how I bent it (by hand with help of a hammer and plumbers pliers) and mounted it.

No tickets for me on this trip :)

Worth the little money spent and easier to remove than any other solution I've seen so far.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 1.42.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 1.50.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 1.50.20 PM.png
Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

double nut it ;)

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

double nut it ;)
that might be a good idea, it's pretty tight with some good tension, but I think I'll see if I have an extra that size or get one. It would take a while for it to completely rattle loose though, that screw is pretty long and the way I bent it, it won't fall off either, I have to spread the two arms to get it off. But still not a bad idea, thanks!

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that might be a good idea, it's pretty tight with some good tension, but I think I'll see if I have an extra that size or get one. It would take a while for it to completely rattle loose though, that screw is pretty long and the way I bent it, it won't fall off either, I have to spread the two arms to get it off. But still not a bad idea, thanks!
Thanks for posting pics your solution.

I know you don't want to locktite it.

I agree with Tricky and I will most likely do the same as you did here.

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But you cock blocked your fog light mounting area.

Ford Bronco cheap and simple front license plate relocation for BL bumper - modding a plate holder for Jeeps 1639176531140

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But you cock blocked your fog light mounting area.

Ford Bronco cheap and simple front license plate relocation for BL bumper - modding a plate holder for Jeeps 1639176531140
that would be true if I wanted fog lights. I haven't used fog lights in over 30 years though. So for those that want fogs (or other lights) in there, this obviously won't work.

How did you mount your's? Also nice. I just wanted quick and cheap to avoid tickets on our trip. The less I interact with cops, the more I like them ;-)

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that would be true if I wanted fog lights. I haven't used fog lights in over 30 years though. So for those that want fogs (or other lights) in there, this obviously won't work.

How did you mount your's? Also nice. I just wanted quick and cheap to avoid tickets on our trip. The less I interact with cops, the more I like them ;-)
Same reasoning for mine. Used two of the fog light bolts. Had some scrap metal laying around that was utilized.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool! Thanks! :)

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like exactly what I’ve been looking for. Thank you!!
Sponsored