Sponsored

Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script)

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some advice. If your script detects that B&P is up ... DON'T TELL ANYONE AND JUST ENJOY IT ALL TO YOURSELF FOR 20 mins. Because as soon as you tell the forum, Ford's site will crash and then broco6g will crash shortly thereafter with all the stupid comments >> why did Ford do that?

actually if you don't mind, please PM me. I promise I will not tell anyone and it will be just me and you with the entire B&P to ourselves.

:)
Haha, actually I'm pretty sure some folks have already rigged up something much cooler than what I did to let them know and they will likely beat me to the page. I imagine a string tied to an oscillating fan that makes it push the F5 key every rotation.

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you work on a program for a 3D printer to build our Broncos?
I might be at that level in say 5 years. I would actually love to get a 3d printer to play with. But for now, I do really well to pull off a simple bash script like this one. Full on programming is not in my wheelhouse.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) 1601222573477

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cool, Have thought about trying to schedule a loop process to call the site with either a ms access vb and windows scheduler, an etl tool or something. My laziness went to the fact it will be on here within an hour and crash the site for hours so I will probably have to wait a day or two once it goes live to stabilize anyway.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Freaking sweet! And For one that doesn't need you to leave your machine on 24/7 or have Linux, you could try one of the various services out there. UpTrends has a 30 day trial, and a basic monitor should catch the same event it says it monitors error code changes.

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Freaking sweet! And For one that doesn't need you to leave your machine on 24/7 or have Linux, you could try one of the various services out there. UpTrends has a 30 day trial, and a basic monitor should catch the same event it says it monitors error code changes.
Good point. It is kind of inconvenient to have to leave it running 24/7 on your main system. I stood it up on a raspberry pi just to give me the audible notification.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't we at least try to act like we know what patience is and try to not piss the company off?
We are all bored in the middle of a lock down/pandemic, but knowing BnP won't get you a Bronco any faster.
And the less time ford needs patching their system the more time they can spend focused on us, the customer.
I just dont see how this helps anyone. Their system kinda sucks anyway, no need to bog it down.
Logging into their customers portal is painful enough

Last edited:

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or someone, probably not me, could build a quick screen scraping program to get all the pricing so that we could make an offline version of it and not crash anything...

Chris

Sponsored
OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't we at least try to act like we know what patience is and try to not piss the company off?
We are all bored in the middle of a lock down/pandemic, but knowing BnP won't get you a Bronco any faster.
And the less time ford needs patching their system the more time they can spend focused on us, the customer.
I just dont see how this helps anyone. Their system kinda sucks anyway, no need to bog it down
I understand your concern. But what this is doing is a GET request for only the header of the site to see what the HTTP Status code reply is. That is a minuscule amount of traffic and especially at a 20 minute interval, would not even be a blip on the radar in comparison to their normal daily traffic. If this were to put any kind of a load stress on their system, then they have MUCH bigger problems. Someone actually going to the page to see if it's available the traditional way causes it to have to download all the images and content which is a TON more traffic than what this is doing. I think one could argue that even with me pulling the headers every 20 minutes, it' less data being pulled from their server than one visit to their full webpage via a browser.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It starts with one person....
Let's just say, having used their websites, i have more faith in Ford engineers and designers than their IT dept:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand your concern. But what this is doing is a GET request for only the header of the site to see what the HTTP Status code reply is. That is a minuscule amount of traffic and especially at a 20 minute interval, would not even be a blip on the radar in comparison to their normal daily traffic. If this were to put any kind of a load stress on their system, then they have MUCH bigger problems. Someone actually going to the page to see if it's available the traditional way causes it to have to download all the images and content which is a TON more traffic than what this is doing. I think one could argue that even with me pulling the headers every 20 minutes, it' less data being pulled from their server than one visit to their full webpage via a browser.
I went ahead and did the math on it. WIth this script running every 20 minutes, it would take approximately 26.5 days for it to pull as much data from the server as loading the B&P page one time in a browser. You also made a reference to 'patching' which implies that I'm exploiting a misconfiguration or flaw on their website which is not the case. I am just querying the site in a much less obtrusive manner from a command prompt than what a browser does.

Also, I know I'm bouncing back with a lot of stuff here. I'm not trying to be abrasive, I just want to assure you (and everyone) that this is not some malicious thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went ahead and did the math on it. WIth this script running every 20 minutes, it would take approximately 26.5 days for it to pull as much data from the server as loading the B&P page one time in a browser. You also made a reference to 'pathing' which implies that I'm exploiting a misconfiguration or flaw on their website which is not the case. I am just querying the site in a much less obtrusive manner from a command prompt than what a browser does.

Also, I know I'm bouncing back with a lot of stuff here. I'm not trying to be abrasive, I just want to assure you (and everyone) that this is not some malicious thing.
Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) 1601224666271
Sponsored