Sponsored

Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script)

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay folks, I don't know if I have any fellow Linux geeks out there, but I wrote this script in order to notify me when the build page goes live so I thought I would share.

Geeky part...
My Logic: I looked at the Ford webpage for existing vehicles (F150, Escape, etc...) and looked at the structure of the URL
F150
https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/chooseyourpath/
Escape
https://shop.ford.com/build/escape/#/chooseyourpath/
In Linux, if you 'curl' any of these URL's you get a 200 HTTP Status Code "Success"
However, if you curl the presumed URL the Bronco will sit at (https://shop.ford.com/build/bronco/#/chooseyourpath/), you get a 301 "Redirect" to the generic showroom.

So my script looks for the expected Bronco URL (https://shop.ford.com/build/bronco/#/chooseyourpath/) every 20 minutes. As long as it gets a 301 HTTP status code, it does nothing. But as soon as it gets a 200 status code, it will make an audible notification every second and output the URL which was successful. I tested this with the F150 and Escape and it appears to work as intended.

Again, this only works on Linux but all you have to do is take the attached file, change the extension from .txt to .sh (Would not let me upload as .sh), make sure it has executable permissions (chmod +x bronco.sh) and then execute it (./bronco.sh)

Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) 1601216517920
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you don't know what it means, that is indicative that you have a girlfriend. Or friends in general. It's geek stuff BUT it will let me know in 20 minutes or less when the build site goes live (assuming I have correctly assumed that they will structure the build site the same as they have for their other vehicles.). And when I know, you will know. So it works out for all.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) 1601220448855

You know how this will end.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm bringing the rain - maybe. Be careful though because you don't want a bunch of folks to start hitting the site and then, somehow, it becomes a DDoS. I figure nothing good would come of that.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s happening. It’s happening. I’m not sure what’s happening but it’s happening.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don't know what it means, that is indicative that you have a girlfriend. Or friends in general. It's geek stuff BUT it will let me know in 20 minutes or less when the build site goes live (assuming I have correctly assumed that they will structure the build site the same as they have for their other vehicles.). And when I know, you will know. So it works out for all.
Got it, sweet!!! Thank you!

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay folks, I don't know if I have any fellow Linux geeks out there, but I wrote this script in order to notify me when the build page goes live so I thought I would share.

Geeky part...
My Logic: I looked at the Ford webpage for existing vehicles (F150, Escape, etc...) and looked at the structure of the URL
F150
https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/chooseyourpath/
Escape
https://shop.ford.com/build/escape/#/chooseyourpath/
In Linux, if you 'curl' any of these URL's you get a 200 HTTP Status Code "Success"
However, if you curl the presumed URL the Bronco will sit at (https://shop.ford.com/build/bronco/#/chooseyourpath/), you get a 301 "Redirect" to the generic showroom.

So my script looks for the expected Bronco URL (https://shop.ford.com/build/bronco/#/chooseyourpath/) every 20 minutes. As long as it gets a 301 HTTP status code, it does nothing. But as soon as it gets a 200 status code, it will make an audible notification every second and output the URL which was successful. I tested this with the F150 and Escape and it appears to work as intended.

Again, this only works on Linux but all you have to do is take the attached file, change the extension from .txt to .sh (Would not let me upload as .sh), make sure it has executable permissions (chmod +x bronco.sh) and then execute it (./bronco.sh)

Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) 1601220448855
Do you think this could work in terminal on MacOS (BSD Unix)?

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm bringing the rain - maybe. Be careful though because you don't want a bunch of folks to start hitting the site and then, somehow, it becomes a DDoS. I figure nothing good would come of that.
Valid point. That's why I stayed polite with mine. If someone got really aggressive with it, I imagine Ford would just shun their IP and then they would find it difficult to actually go build their Bronco so it's in everyone's best interest to play nice. I know when I am awake I'm probably hitting their IP a lot more often than every 20 minutes anyways.

OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think this could work in terminal on MacOS (BSD Unix)?
I have not tried it on my Mac but my guess would be yes it would work. Not just from command line in terminal, but as a script.

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not tried it on my Mac but my guess would be yes it would work. Not just from command line in terminal, but as a script.
Haven’t been in a Unix script for years. Lived in them in my younger days. This will be fun. Thanks!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some advice. If your script detects that B&P is up ... DON'T TELL ANYONE AND JUST ENJOY IT ALL TO YOURSELF FOR 20 mins. Because as soon as you tell the forum, Ford's site will crash and then broco6g will crash shortly thereafter with all the stupid comments >> why did Ford do that?

actually if you don't mind, please PM me. I promise I will not tell anyone and it will be just me and you with the entire B&P to ourselves.

:)

Sponsored

Last edited: