Sponsored

Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script)

Smrideatiger76

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

<div style="width:100%;height:0;padding-bottom:63%;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/6OrCT1jVbonHG" width="100%" height="100%" style="position:absolute" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe></div><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool man!! I posted a similar Python script here on Bronco6G, but then it got taken down by admins. Glad to see a useful tool for capturing that ever-evasive B&P haha

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got this working in Microsoft Windows: Using CURL

I'm using this with the Windows Task Scheduler. Copy the code after the double lines and paste it into a text file. Then name the file whatever you want with an extension of "cmd". ie: checkforbuild.cmd

If you're familiar enough to test this from the command line, the full command is: "checkforbuild.cmd url.txt"

I put this command file in a folder called "C:\Downloads". The code looks for the web page and records information about the page to a file called "url.txt" and places it in a folder called "C:\Downloads". You can use whatever folder location you want, just update the code. If the page does not exist, the url.txt file is created with zero bytes. The code below checks for file size.

If you're familiar with the Windows Task Scheduler, you can put this in a task with the command "checkforbuild.cmd" along with an argument for "url.txt" (see my screenshot) . The task can then be set to run every five minutes if you want.

This code will make an audible alert and pop up a small window saying "GO_BUILD!" if the web page is found. The 'pause' command keeps it on the screen until you click a key. I used the Bronco Sport Badlands web page to confirm this works. You'll want to edit this for the "Bronco" page once you see that it works for you.
-------------------
-------------------
curl https://shop.ford.com/configure/broncosport/model/customize/badlands > c:\downloads\url.txt

@echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
set minbytesize=5000
set size=%~z1
if not defined size set size=1
cls
@echo off
if %size% LSS %minbytesize% (
echo.Not Found
) else (
echo.
echo.
echo.GO_BUILD!
rundll32 user32.dll,MessageBeep
pause
)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Windows Task Scheduler
Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) CURL_Command.JPG

Scheduled for every five minutes
Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) CURL_Schedule.JPG

OUTPUT:

Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) CURLMessage.JPG

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Can I like, check my email?"
-Roman Pearce

Sponsored

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-------------------
curl https://shop.ford.com/configure/broncosport/model/customize/badlands > c:\downloads\url.txt

@echo off
set minbytesize=5000
set size=%~z1
cls
@echo off
echo.Not Found
) else (
echo.
echo.
echo.GO_BUILD!
pause
)
I realized the page is there but Access is Denied. I had to revise the code to notice if the page is available. See the changes in RED

Last edited:
OP
OP
Airforcetxn

Airforcetxn

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got this working in Microsoft Windows: Using CURL

I'm using this with the Windows Task Scheduler. Copy the code after the double lines and paste it into a text file. Then name the file whatever you want with an extension of "cmd". ie: checkforbuild.cmd

If you're familiar enough to test this from the command line, the full command is: "checkforbuild.cmd url.txt"

I put this command file in a folder called "C:\Downloads". The code looks for the web page and records information about the page to a file called "url.txt" and places it in a folder called "C:\Downloads". You can use whatever folder location you want, just update the code. If the page does not exist, the url.txt file is created with zero bytes. The code below checks for file size.

If you're familiar with the Windows Task Scheduler, you can put this in a task with the command "checkforbuild.cmd" along with an argument for "url.txt" (see my screenshot) . The task can then be set to run every five minutes if you want.

This code will make an audible alert and pop up a small window saying "GO_BUILD!" if the web page is found. The 'pause' command keeps it on the screen until you click a key. I used the Bronco Sport Badlands web page to confirm this works. You'll want to edit this for the "Bronco" page once you see that it works for you.
-------------------
-------------------

@echo off
set minbytesize=5000
set size=%~z1
cls
@echo off
echo.Not Found
) else (
echo.
echo.
echo.GO_BUILD!
pause
)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Windows Task Scheduler
Ford Bronco Check for availability of the Bronco build & price site (Linux Script) CURLMessage.JPG

Scheduled for every five minutes

OUTPUT:

? ? ? ?

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool man!! I posted a similar Python script here on Bronco6G, but then it got taken down by admins. Glad to see a useful tool for capturing that ever-evasive B&P haha
Well yours had more of a "let's take down the Ford site by pinging it a million times per second, everyone download this exe file" vibe. ?

Kudos to both of ya'll cuz you're both much smarter than dummy like me. But we all know B&P will either drop on Oct 31 at 11:59pm or get delayed again. And they'll release more pics of the bronco raptor in camo to distract us.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well yours had more of a "let's take down the Ford site by pinging it a million times per second, everyone download this exe file" vibe. ?

Kudos to both of ya'll cuz you're both much smarter than dummy like me. But we all know B&P will either drop on Oct 31 at 11:59pm or get delayed again. And they'll release more pics of the bronco raptor in camo to distract us.
Haha good point. I knew I shouldn’t have made it so accessible in EXE format. You’re totally right though. Ford is just going to continue using smoke and mirrors to distract us from the fact that they’re still figuring out pricing. Honestly, I’d rather Ford focus on getting panel samples of all the colors to dealerships so I can check them out in person. Also, vinyl and cloth samples so I can feel them.

CarsonValdez

Outer Banks
First Name
Valdez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you had a chance to look into that Linux script for checking the availability of the Bronco build price site? It sounds like a handy tool for staying updated on pricing and availability. By the way, if you're ever considering upgrading your operating system, Windows 11 Professional edition might offer some great features to enhance your computing experience! Just throwing it out there in case you're interested in exploring your options.
Sponsored

Last edited: