First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From reading a few posts about coolant leaks after purchase, I went through my 2.7 liter engine bay this weekend. Didn't find any problems but did find a hose that was perched awfully close to the pulley. With very light finger pressure it would make contact. It had enough flex that I would suspect even the force from a pot hole could whip it back enough to make contact. I put a couple of long zip ties around it and 2 other hoses that were in the vicinity to hold it back. I love zip ties so I tidied up some other lines and wiring to make me feel better about the spaghetti factory under the hood. Then I went to town removing all the production labels with QR codes spread all over the engine bay. I hate stickers and labels what can I say, but it did give me a chance to give everything a thorough check while I was at it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Known issue but a good reminder. Did your hose also have a bunch of clips on it that just never got attached anywhere?

Took me about 20 minutes to find an angle that allowed me to zip tie it. What a PITA.

OP
OP
DarkPony

DarkPony

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F250 Platinum, 97 Porsche 993
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Known issue but a good reminder. Did your hose also have a bunch of clips on it that just never got attached anywhere?

Took me about 20 minutes to find an angle that allowed me to zip tie it. What a PITA.
No I didn’t find any errant clips, the hose may not have been an issue but I feel better now.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zip ties are a good short term solution but they can cut into you hose too. Try this an adel clamp you can put another to a hose or firewall or bracket.
Ford Bronco Check Your Coolant Lines! Screenshot_20211101-115348_Samsung Internet

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I checked mine a few times over the last several months and they all looked good, however now that I’m 300 miles away from home the clip holding the hose back failed or came loose…. Here’s my current situation…
Sponsored