Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't had a nice car to maintain in years, especially one that can't go through an automatic car wash. So I basically need everything from a detailing perspective. I was about to buy this chemical guys kit but there are two very similar kits and I was curious if anyone had an opinion one way or another. I'm leaning towards the heavy duty arsenal kit. I want to get a foam cannon either way. Seems like they are pretty similar but have some different chemicals. Anyone with chemical guys experience that can point me in the right direction? Or maybe a different kit from a different brand all together. Or some must-have chemicals I should add on?

Heavy Duty:
https://www.chemicalguys.com/the-heavy-duty-arsenal-kit/VIR452.html?gtmListValue=Internal Search
Ford Bronco Chemical Guys Kit? 1633093989832

All Season:
https://www.chemicalguys.com/all-season-arsenal-builder-kit/HOL340.html?gtmListValue=Internal Search - Search Suggestions
Ford Bronco Chemical Guys Kit? 1633094010967
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't had a nice car to maintain in years, especially one that can't go through an automatic car wash. So I basically need everything from a detailing perspective. I was about to buy this chemical guys kit but there are two very similar kits and I was curious if anyone had an opinion one way or another. I'm leaning towards the heavy duty arsenal kit. I want to get a foam cannon either way. Seems like they are pretty similar but have some different chemicals. Anyone with chemical guys experience that can point me in the right direction? Or maybe a different kit from a different brand all together. Or some must-have chemicals I should add on?

Heavy Duty:
https://www.chemicalguys.com/the-heavy-duty-arsenal-kit/VIR452.html?gtmListValue=Internal Search

All Season:
https://www.chemicalguys.com/all-season-arsenal-builder-kit/HOL340.html?gtmListValue=Internal Search - Search Suggestions
They make nice stuff but that foam cannon in the pic is ass I had it and needed up getting a foam canon that attaches to the end of a power washer wand. There honey dew car wash was awsome smelt amazing and created mad foam. The citrus wash is powerful stuff it will strip wax off of the vehicle

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are a good brand, just use the wash mitt. Foam cannons don't clean as well as hand washing. I have the same kit in the garage right meow. happy cleaning.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They make nice stuff but that foam cannon in the pic is ass I had it and needed up getting a foam canon that attaches to the end of a power washer wand. There honey dew car wash was awsome smelt amazing and created mad foam. The citrus wash is powerful stuff it will strip wax off of the vehicle
Good to know. They have 1 more kit that comes with a pressure washer cannon. I have a gas powered pressure washer but was hoping to get away with hose only so I didn't have to drag it out every time I washed. Is this what you upgraded to?

https://www.chemicalguys.com/big-mo...-kit/VIR352.html?gtmListValue=Internal Search
Ford Bronco Chemical Guys Kit? 1633094585367

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are a good brand, just use the wash mitt. Foam cannons don't clean as well as hand washing. I have the same kit in the garage right meow. happy cleaning.
I thought the point of the cannon was to spray soap on so you can then wash with the mitt. Avoiding the 2 bucket method.

Sponsored

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

one of my neighbours works for them in some management capacity... he drives a car with chemical guys plastered everywhere and on his license plate. ive used there products a few times, one of my friends swear by them

fortunately my buddy owns a ceramic pro shop and does detailing. he just came out with his own line of products that hes going to use on my bronco when i take it there for PPF and tinting.

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dumb question, but these Broncos can’t go through automatic car washes?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know. They have 1 more kit that comes with a pressure washer cannon. I have a gas powered pressure washer but was hoping to get away with hose only so I didn't have to drag it out every time I washed. Is this what you upgraded to?

https://www.chemicalguys.com/big-mouth-complete-car-care-kit/VIR352.html?gtmListValue=Internal Search
Ford Bronco Chemical Guys Kit? 1633094585367
That cannon there is descent you ccsn problem find a cheaper power washer foam cannon on Amazon but the one in that pic there is nice . You will get tons of foam with any power washer foam cannon but the ones that go on the hose not so much

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since I am getting the SASQ, I will not be able to have it washed at a car wash, which is what I usually have done so far. I assume I can not wash it at home due to to hard water, is that correct?

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Combination of soft top and sasquatch. Sas may be too wide for some of the tracks on auto washes. And soft top just seems like a bad idea. Leaks, scratched up windows, etc.

Since I am getting the SASQ, I will not be able to have it washed at a car wash, which is what I usually have done so far. I assume I can not wash it at home due to to hard water, is that correct?
I don't think hard water prevents you from washing at home. I have hard water and it's not stopping me. Years ago I used the Mr. clean auto-dry which is essentially just a water filter to prevent spotting from air drying. Worst case you can just hand dry or use a leaf blower.

Sponsored

TJ308

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be able to go through car washes, especially a Tommy's carwash they can take dulleys since they dont have a rail that your tire has to go into but rather just a giant belt your vehicle sits on. But over time going through a touch carwash can cause some damage

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the point of the cannon was to spray soap on so you can then wash with the mitt. Avoiding the 2 bucket method.
Point of foam is not eliminating a bucket. It’s to lift dirt from the surface of the vehicle and trap it in the foam. Foam should sit for a bit and break down the dirt on the paint’s surface, makes washing easier on the paint — reducing chances of scratching.

You can do the one bucket or two bucket method with foam (IMO 2 bucket is more efficient as to do one bucket correctly you’d need a ridiculous amount of towels esp on the Bronco).

As far as the kits go… CG is fine. Nothing more. Not the best, but certainly better than parts store car soap.

Stay away from the garden hose foam cannons though, they’re trash. Only foam cannon worth having needs a pressure washer, and even then you really need quality fittings, orifices, pickup system etc.

Point is, foam cannon is pretty much the last thing you need in a long list of stuff to maintain your paint. IMO a pressure washer is much more important than a foam cannon. They work when you buy a good one and are set up correctly, but that does take some time, money and work.

TLDR most important thing is a good process for washing without scratching the paint, using good mitts/towels.

If you enjoy detailing as a hobby buy a good foam cannon but It’s not necessary to keep your truck really clean.

Its very hard to synthesize this information and learn how to do it right from the ground up because there is so much misinformation out there. Detailing is something that’s very polluted with a lot of bad info from ninety five different people all trying to sell you the same re-branded products. If you really want to learn about the best way to care for a vehicle: https://youtube.com/c/MattMoreman

If you just want to keep your truck cleaner than most: proper wash method with good materials.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive used a handful of CG stuff over the past few years, generally its plenty good. I will echo the regular hose foam cannon comments, I still use mine almost everytime but keep in mind all it will ever do is put soapy suds all over your car that you will have to wash with a regular mit after. The pressure washer variant is an entirely different ballgame, so as long as you set your expectations beforehand you wont be disappointed/surprised.

I think where CG gets questionable (from what I have read and experienced on occasion) is the quality of the wash accessories - so your towels, shammies, brushes, etc. A lot of debate on if those products are meeting quality standards but for the soaps/chemicals/coatings/etc I have no complaints at all.

Last thing - they advertise and heavily participate with Amazon for sales and discount events (like Prime Day, which is a huge example every year). If you ever needed to restock and can wait Prime Day is littered with CG stuff/kits for solid discounts normally.

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs