Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What kind of quote did you get for the PPF on your Bronco? I plan on having my entire 2-door First Edition wrapped when I get it end of month.
no idea, im getting it at cost. my best friend owns the business that is going to do it for me. just need to decide if i want ceramic pro on it as well
Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Instead of buying a kit, I just got $150 of stuff I actually wanted from CG (wash, clay bar, polish, glaze, HydroSlick, two buckets, dirt trap, and a mit) a couple days ago because I’ve been calling around and it’s about $1k for one good ceramic wax. I spent another $350 on tools at Harbor Freight (buffer/polisher, cordless blower, steamer, bunch of microfiber and polishing rags and brushes) too...

So for half the price of one professional wax, I’ve basically started my on detailing company this week.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used a lot of CG products, and they continue to be my go-to brand.

But unless you simply enjoy the process of detailing (or love the smell of carnauba wax, which I would totally understand), let me save you some time and money:

Go straight to their line of Hydro products.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/hydro-line.html

It’s a partial-ceramic line that is simply remarkable. My detailing experience goes back the Zaino Bros. stuff from the early 2000s. Nothing I’ve used is as easy and effective as CG’s Hydro line.

* Wash your new Bronco with Dawn to strip anything from the factory.
* Clay bar (I still prefer Meguiar’s clay here).
* Apply HydroCharge.
* If you really want to make it pop, apply HydroSlick on top.

* For maintenance, wash with HydroSuds and finish with HydroSpeed.

I have no affiliation with CG, but I have pretty much stopped using all competing products after discovering this stuff. It’s that good.

As others have said, using good mitts and good applicators is important, as well.
This is the kind of info I'm looking for. Thank you. (y)

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can still screw up your wash with good supplies and a bad process.

Start here:

Then buy the basic supplies to get a feel it. Many brands will have decent stuff so don't fret too much about getting it right. Try a few different things!

Finally, start to bring in the costly supplies as you see a need.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another vote for Adams… and it smells amazing as well. The Chemical Guys products are pretty good as well.

E7992BCB-2B7C-4A32-8B43-E57936877A1C.jpeg

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I totally get it about wanting to keep your new Bronco showroom clean and shiny. I'm the same way when I get a new vehicle. But, I always find that after about 6 months, it's just a losing battle against the elements, especially if it is not garage kept. Don't get me wrong, I keep my vehicles clean, but after the honeymoon is over, I revert to automatic car washes or just a bucket and microfibre sponge at home. I do wax a couple times a year....I like Collinite Insulator Wax.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco is a mid size SUV. It will fit in a car wash just fine, even with squatch, lmao.

The question is do you want to swirl your paint up with an auto wash, that’s a different discussion and depends how obsessive you are about the paint.
I always ran my 1st gen Raptor through a touch less car wash, that's the plan with the Bronco. Unless there is some other reason besides size I'm not aware of.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use CG and I love the Woolly Mammoth (36" x 25") microfiber drying towels. I have at least three, because you don't want to get to the end and find out your drying towel is dirty or you drop it on concrete with fun specks of grit to make DIY spirograph designs in your paint.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always ran my 1st gen Raptor through a touch less car wash, that's the plan with the Bronco. Unless there is some other reason besides size I'm not aware of.
Touch less washes obviously won’t cause swirls, but the detergent and stuff they use is usually harsh on the paint. It’s how they’re able to clean your car without anything touching it.

IMO the only right way a car should be washed is by yourself, but I understand not everyone cares or wants to find the time for it

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My hydrant (outdoor) water at home is EXTREMELY hard. Anyone use and recommend a portable water softener system for car wash use?
Sponsored