First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that my presence would be missed or anything, and since I still don't have my Bronco it's extra moot, but anything that requires me to register on social media is a non-starter. That's just me and obviously social media is doing just fine without me! ;)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You gotta tell us here! Like the Byron winter nuke ride...I think 1/15? Many of us have abandoned anti-social media.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that my presence would be missed or anything, and since I still don't have my Bronco it's extra moot, but anything that requires me to register on social media is a non-starter. That's just me and obviously social media is doing just fine without me! ;)
Isn't this site/forum itself a social media platform?

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You gotta tell us here! Like the Byron winter nuke ride...I think 1/15? Many of us have abandoned anti-social media.
I try to remember, but TBH I don't come in here as regularly as I do the FB groups. With so many events, it can be hard to keep up with who's posted what where.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't this site/forum itself a social media platform?
Depending upon how one views it, it certainly could be. It's not my view, personally, as I think more of FB, Twitter, etc. but that doesn't make me right or you wrong. For me the difference is those other sites often REQUIRE registration to even browse. One can browse B6G (and most other enthusiast *websites*) without registering; the primary restriction for those not registered is they can't post. There's a number of places I visit to keep up to date where I'm not registered; works OK for me but, again, that's just me and I acknowledge that everybody's different (and that's good).

It's your club. You guys do what you think is best.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depending upon how one views it, it certainly could be. It's not my view, personally, as I think more of FB, Twitter, etc. but that doesn't make me right or you wrong. For me the difference is those other sites often REQUIRE registration to even browse. One can browse B6G (and most other enthusiast *websites*) without registering; the primary restriction for those not registered is they can't post. There's a number of places I visit to keep up to date where I'm not registered; works OK for me but, again, that's just me and I acknowledge that everybody's different (and that's good).

It's your club. You guys do what you think is best.
And while we argue here....it's usually not to the death. And occasionally someone does change their opinion. lol

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think if you have a smart phone, access the internet, or an iPad type device, then at that point it's pretty small step to actually signing up for different sites (this one included). The device you're using is tracking and obtaining information. In the end it's registered to you, your work or your spouse, so they have your information either way (or can get info). Like many things, I understand the concern, but I'm not going to let it dictate my every day life or what I want to do. If whoever is watching my movements thinks I'm that important, then well have at it. Enjoy the show! :ROFLMAO:

Either way, use whatever platform you are comfortable with, eventually it'll be nice to visit with others in person at events. (y)
Sponsored

Last edited: