Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for your write-up and contribution to the forum! Regarding the suspension measurements, did you happen to notice if either or both vehicles had the towing option? I seem to remember somebody posting about different springs being included with towing.
FE did not have tow, but the Badlands was equipped with tow package.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for your write-up and contribution to the forum! Regarding the suspension measurements, did you happen to notice if either or both vehicles had the towing option? I seem to remember somebody posting about different springs being included with towing.
Both had tow.

Or maybe I'm wrong about the FE....lol.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Immodium D Green vs. 70's Eyeshadow Blue. Not sure which is best. The color matching door handles don't help.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh... I ordered a Cactus Gray 4 door. These pics make it look like Seafoam green. Blech! Someone please assure me the Cactus Gray is as nasty as the pics
There is a hint of a sea foam green, but only in darker lights. In brighter conditions it’s a rugged looking grey.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a hint of a sea foam green, but only in darker lights. In brighter conditions it’s a rugged looking grey.
A hint. Barely.

It's like a martini where they open the vermouth and just waft it by.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I admit to being back and forth on this, and wish Ford would just give us a straight answer. Originally calculated .6” difference based on specs, then Ford themselves said no difference in shocks, then they said 10mm, then 3” (which was bull shit), now there seems to be reservoirs going one way or the other which means the shocks are different, and we still don’t know on springs and spring perches.

1/2” is a believable and expected number based on the original .6” calculation and specs.

Honestly - I am not paying for an automatic, and Squatch to get half an inch if I want a manual.
The shocks for SAS are different from Badlands. I went on a ride along this Saturday and my driver confirmed he prefers the SAS suspension to the badlands. He said the shocks are better on SAS than Badlands. So definitely not the same.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I admit to being back and forth on this, and wish Ford would just give us a straight answer. Originally calculated .6” difference based on specs, then Ford themselves said no difference in shocks, then they said 10mm, then 3” (which was bull shit), now there seems to be reservoirs going one way or the other which means the shocks are different, and we still don’t know on springs and spring perches.

1/2” is a believable and expected number based on the original .6” calculation and specs.

Honestly - I am not paying for an automatic, and Squatch to get half an inch if I want a manual.
I think the real issue is that people are relying on hand-made measurements and the differences we are talking about are small and easily within a margin of error:

|||||||||| - 10mm
|||||||||||| - 1/2"
||||||||||||||| - .6"

Last edited:

Sponsored

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, I thought both colors looked nice, and the photos including mine, don't do justice.

Also there were two Bronco Sports parked outside in front of the event, having Area 51 and white. I thought the white looked nice on the Sport, and I'm not typically into white on a vehicle. I'm betting it will look nice on the big Bronco.

I thought the Area 51 was a better match for the big Bronco compared to the Sport. And it's possible Area 51 might look a bit better when not in direct light, but that's hard to tell.

Bottom line though - the color aspect is more personal preference. I'd very much like to see AMB in person, because I'm likely getting the base, and I recall AMB is available on the base.
I saw AMB today in the Philadelphia Suburbs. It is a beautiful color, but I noticed right away and the rep stated the same....it shows every flaw. I could see swirl marks. Also, depending on the lighting, its looks different from every angle. Nice color indeed, but the imperfections would drive me nuts.

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw AMB today in the Philadelphia Suburbs. It is a beautiful color, but I noticed right away and the rep stated the same....it shows every flaw. I could see swirl marks. Also, depending on the lighting, its looks different from every angle. Nice color indeed, but the imperfections would drive me nuts.
Here you go....

Ford Bronco Chicagoland Showing (Bronco = Awesome) + measured Sasquatch vs Badlands suspension height difference BlackDiamond

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I should have never brought my wife to "Meet the Broncos".

She sits in one and says"I like that big nav screen - Are we getting the big screen?"

I say no , that is an upgrade.

She says " We can't we have anything nice?"

So I contacted my dealer and upgraded my BL to the high package.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The shocks for SAS are different from Badlands. I went on a ride along this Saturday and my driver confirmed he prefers the SAS suspension to the badlands. He said the shocks are better on SAS than Badlands. So definitely not the same.
This is good feedback.

What use case did the driver state they preferred the SAS suspension? Pavement? High speed dirt? Rocks? Etc etc etc

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should have never brought my wife to "Meet the Broncos".

She sits in one and says"I like that big nav screen - Are we getting the big screen?"

I say no , that is an upgrade.

She says " We can't we have anything nice?"

So I contacted my dealer and upgraded my BL to the high package.
@ronstar, haha. I'm ordering a 2-door. I brought my wife and she likes the 4-door more.
Sponsored