First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't disagree more with you. I'm a soon-to-be father and the fit of a car seat is crucial to me. In fact, it will make or break the buy decision.

The fitment of a car seat determines the safety of the child in a lot of ways. There is NOTHING more important than child safety, and any parent will tell you the same thing.

I've been waiting for posts about child seat fitment since the day the Bronco was unveiled.
Dude not to down play it any but from my experience (3 kids youngest 16) if a regular human fits a car seat fits. If 2 of my kids fit it the back of an 03 cobra bronco is a no brainer.
Don’t get me wrong safety is super important and far different than when I was a kid but there’s a reason I traded the mustang for a explorer in 2005.
Sponsored

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I couldn't disagree more with you. I'm a soon-to-be father and the fit of a car seat is crucial to me. In fact, it will make or break the buy decision.

The fitment of a car seat determines the safety of the child in a lot of ways. There is NOTHING more important than child safety, and any parent will tell you the same thing.

I've been waiting for posts about child seat fitment since the day the Bronco was unveiled.
I just sat in the back seat of a jeep Rubicon 4 door, those seats are tiny!!! The seat bottom measures 16" and I really doubt my daughters rear facing seat fits back there, so this is very important because I can get over the weak towing, Gray top, ugly interior colors but if I can fit a baby seat then I'm out

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude, pump the brakes. :ROFLMAO:
Of corse it’s going to fit a car seat. Where you honestly worried that a modern 4 door suv would not fit a car seat? It’s been required by law for many years.
Also, this type of vehicle like the Jeep Wrangler is not going to be a “very” safe vehicle in a car crash. If you really are this concerned you may want to look elsewhere. Just sayin......

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Youre right safety is important so maybe consider a Toyota Highlander or something more family & parking lot friendly .. These vehicles are designed as a hard core off road vehicle to be driven with the top and doors off at the same time ... So if safety is a main concern for you then maybe this should not be your #1 vehicle of choice ... Dont knock me for not being interested in something that really has no bearing on what the vehicle was intended to do for a 50k price tag ... btw save the #1 dad speech for your peers at the mall, it was draining ...
If your not interested, what are you doing in this thread

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just sat in the back seat of a jeep Rubicon 4 door, those seats are tiny!!! The seat bottom measures 16" and I really doubt my daughters rear facing seat fits back there, so this is very important because I can get over the weak towing, Gray top, ugly interior colors but if I can fit a baby seat then I'm out
It’s going to fit. You may have to have the front seat moved up further than you want, but it’s going to fit.

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mmmmm.... Cactus Gray 4dr Badlands

Funny, pic #2 looks CG, the rest look A51.

(I'm spending WAY too much time here.....)

Last edited:

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not into babies, nor do I own one, but why is that baby seat more pimp than my computer chair?? I actually do work in my chair, babies just sit there shitting themselves. Is this typical, or is this like the Prada of baby seats?
That’s actually an older mid range model.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe he’s been there and done that? Trying to keep someone from making the same mistake he did? I’ll be honest I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger and just starting out with the family and what not and if I had the knowledge I do now back then a bronco would not be on my short list for a family (that requires car seats) vehicle for way more reasons than if it fits or not. Yeah you can always make it work but I don’t think it’s worth it in the long run.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok helicopter dad ??‍♂ for you I will explain. I saw a photo in the header that I was unfamiliar with as I come to this forum regularly for Bronco updates. I took the liberty to comment how uninterested I am in child seats regarding the Bronco as Ford has left much to be desired for enthusiasts to date. I now find myself in a battle of witts over the child safety in an open air vehicle with removable doors designed to G.O.A.T. while said doors and roof are off ... I know I cant believe it either!

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe he’s been there and done that? Trying to keep someone from making the same mistake he did? I’ll be honest I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger and just starting out with the family and what not and if I had the knowledge I do now back then a bronco would not be on my short list for a family (that requires car seats) vehicle for way more reasons than if it fits or not. Yeah you can always make it work but I don’t think it’s worth it in the long run.
Ok helicopter dad ??‍♂ for you I will explain. I saw a photo in the header that I was unfamiliar with as I come to this forum regularly for Bronco updates. I took the liberty to comment how uninterested I am in child seats regarding the Bronco as Ford has left much to be desired for enthusiasts to date. I now find myself in a battle of witts over the child safety in an open air vehicle with removable doors designed to G.O.A.T. while said doors and roof are off ... I know I cant believe it either!
I think the argument was mostly if a baby seat will fit or not, I think 99% of us know the doors are removable but thanks for the reminder

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, this has taken a turn unfortunately. Can we just let the discussion happen about the actual topic? I understand some people don't want kids involved in their off road rig because in their opinion kids don't need to be, but some of us think it's an opportunity to bond with our kid, so it's a valid discussion. Let's just try to keep it civil?

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm well passed the need for car seats, but what vehicle produced today doesn't have the latch system? Why are they even using the seatbelt? Does the Bronco, not have the latches, or is it that an old recycled car seat?
My guess is the person that installed the car seat may not have any kids. Even if the car seat didn't have the bottom latches, that is not the proper way to install a car seat with a seat belt.

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, this has taken a turn unfortunately. Can we just let the discussion happen about the actual topic? I understand some people don't want kids involved in their off road rig because in their opinion kids don't need to be, but some of us think it's an opportunity to bond with our kid, so it's a valid discussion. Let's just try to keep it civil?
I don’t think anyone said they didn’t want their kids involved and it’s a great opportunity to bond, but if it really isn’t a good idea to hit up Moab with a baby in a car seat - booster seat and toddler+ totally different story. If the beach or a dirt road is the extent of off roading and safety is the main concern bronco is a bad choice, and a wrangler is probably the only worse one they are both inherently not safe compared to any other 4x4 suv. That being said I could fit a seat on the back of my motorcycle no problem, still don’t make it a good idea.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics and notes per B N

A couple notes and impressions:
  • Taller folks might have to move the seat forward a bit if you’re using a child seat in the rear facing configuration.
  • If your child is on the larger side or about to move out of needing a booster, you’re probably going to get back of your seat kicked. Pretty common in most vehicles, Bronco isn’t an exception here.
  • It’s easiest to go ahead and remove the head rest when installing.
  • Usual disclaimers apply here. It’s a pre-production Bronco that may or may not represent the final product that’s delivered tonconsumers
2021 Bronco 4 Door - Child Seat Baby Seat Installed 3.jpeg
2021 Bronco 4 Door - Child Seat Baby Seat Installed 4.jpeg
2021 Bronco 4 Door - Child Seat Baby Seat Installed 2.jpeg
2021 Bronco 4 Door - Child Seat Baby Seat Installed 1.jpeg
2021 Bronco 4 Door - Child Seat Baby Seat Installed 5.jpeg
Upholstery on the car seat still looks better than the FE haha jk

Speaking of, FEs are now available on the B&P. I guess a bunch of folks backed out.
Sponsored