First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone has experience with the purchasing the Chinese knock off of the ARB Twin Compressor?

Its half the price so tempted...

Ford Bronco Chinese ARB twin compressor at half the price Image 1-17-22 at 6.22 PM
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I look at ARB kind of the same way I see WARN. Yeah, their stuff is expensive, but usually it's worth it. Especially for an item that you don't use often, but when you need it, you REALLY need it. The Chinese knockoffs usually don't compare on quality, performance, and service after the sale. That said, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this one if you buy it. I'm in the market for an onboard compressor too, and have been leaning towards either the ARB one or the UpDownAir one from Overland Vehicle Systems. The OVS one is Chinese too, and not much cheaper than the ARB one, but the build quality "looks" OK and I know the guy that owns OVS (it's an American company, so maybe the after-sale and service and warranty would be OK).

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are looking for stolen technology, prolific counterfeiting, cheap knock-offs and a fair amount of cancer causing materials you can not beat Chinese craftsmanship and quality.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya get what ya pay for.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are looking for stolen technology, prolific counterfeiting, cheap knock-offs and a fair amount of cancer causing materials you can not beat Chinese craftsmanship and quality.
I have been blown away lately on some things I’ve been seeing on AliBaba. I picked up some combo lights and spot lights I’ll be outfitting in the fog pockets and A pillars for the time being. They are almost indistinguishable from Baja Designs and are insanely bright. I disassembled one and the internals are well made. I paid $130 shipped. This does somewhat also expose the insane margins of the US distributors. I’ll do a write up in my build thread once installed

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yes, but take it this way
1. we should not be buying EVERYTHING from China, not if we want to remain independent
2. regardless of how well it appears, it IS a knock-off
3. look at the installation effort and impact on your rig, don't you want something with a US based warranty?

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I needed to save some coin, I’d probably go with a single compressor arb before buying a knock off, but I have no real experience. Just value the peace of mind, even if it’s going to take longer

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone has experience with the purchasing the Chinese knock off of the ARB Twin Compressor?

Its half the price so tempted...

Ford Bronco Chinese ARB twin compressor at half the price Image 1-17-22 at 6.22 PM
I wouldn't recommend it. It's a knock-off and you get what you pay for. ARB Compressors were designed in Australia, where they understand better then anybody what needs to go into a product to survive "the outback".

These chinese knock-offs are just taking the overall exterior design and duplicating it. What most fail to realize is that "under the hood" is not the same. Components are different and they are just not made the same. Not to mention you'll have almost no support here in the states with this product and it's a complete infringement on ARB's product.

So I don't know if I'd trust a company with my hard earned money that is breaking the law and forming new company names left/right in order to TRY and sell these here in the states. There is a reason most of these companies pop up for a few months and then disappear, leaving you holding your... well ya know... with no support and a product that failed.

I'd spend a bit more on a product that is known/trusted in the off-road world for a reason.

OP
OP
deuberj

deuberj

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input, I still have a couple months until I get deliver of my Bronco, but there is so much I want and it is really starting to add up.

If anyone happens to gets one and tests it I would be curious on their review/thoughts

I am amazed by the amount of coping (it is even sold under the same exact part number) apparently like the other post said ARB are assembled in Australia, but like most product all the parts come from China. So my guess is that is how this was ripped off.

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get the NAPA one instead. side by side comparisons say it inflates tires quicker by a huge margin

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes, but take it this way
1. we should not be buying EVERYTHING from China, not if we want to remain independent
2. regardless of how well it appears, it IS a knock-off
3. look at the installation effort and impact on your rig, don't you want something with a US based warranty?
Remain independent?
We haven't been independent in a very long time 😅

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The main reason these Chinese knock offs are half price is because they’re worth it.
Sponsored