Sponsored

Chinese Bronco + Defender mix (Jetour Traveller)

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The CATL battery plant is being paid by the USG-Ford is using the tech they have, but building it all in house in the USA so they get the money. The patents on the battery tech (which are from US Universities) are set to expire soon also that CATL has. China has a 15% tariff on imported cars.

Stellantis is considering pulling out of China after all the issues Jeep has faced there

https://www.autonews.com/china/stellantis-mulls-ending-all-car-output-china-after-jeep-exit

Western Auto manufactures are required to team up with Chinese brands to sell products in China.

What it boils down to is that doing business in China is going to be politically not a smart idea-companies currently there are in the process of moving manufacturing to other countries because of the deteriorating geopolitical relations and the supply chain issues that blew up during COVID.
Yea I have also followed that thinking - but its not so easy to move or even sell a plant. IMO this is all cyclical, there are trends and rumors but in the end the US and China always do business.
I personally feel while Chinese EVs into the US market may start with the premium products as they did in Europe - within the next 6-10 years we will see inexpensive Chinese EVs in the USA.
Just my personal opinion
https://insideevs.com/features/496823/sandy-munro-chinese-ev-dominance/
Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s crazy….cheap crap….but my real question is do the have removable hard tops and supply chain issues?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

21k price tag makes it much more interesting. Only 28k topped out. I don’t think it looks bad, and lots of other auto manufacturers have copied styling from others. And I bet you won’t have to wait 2+ years to get it after you place your order.
And warranty work means shipping it back to China for $15K on your dime with a 6 month turnaround time. If you don't like that, bypass the warranty and buy an entire drivetrain instead, have it all shipped to you for $10K. It'll probably last just as long as the previous one, but you'll know it's authentic because it has that same weird chinese engine smell and holographic scratch off stickers. China thanks you for being a repeat customer and buying OEM parts for your Lamd Rower Depender 110

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
. - but "they cant help themselves" sounds resentful and racist.
Racist? Race has nothing to do with it. It’s cultural.

China is the biggest thief of intellectual property the world has ever seen.

And they are not good (fair) players in the world market, not to mention the world’s biggest polluters, and resource hoarders.

Especially endangered animal resources.

But you go on and keep Cheerleading them. Trying to silence other opinions with the race card is lazy and weak.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And warranty work means shipping it back to China for $15K on your dime with a 6 month turnaround time. If you don't like that, bypass the warranty and buy an entire drivetrain instead, have it all shipped to you for $10K. It'll probably last just as long as the previous one, but you'll know it's authentic because it has that same weird chinese engine smell and holographic scratch off stickers. China thanks you for being a repeat customer and buying OEM parts for your Lamd Rower Depender 110
Where did you see that warranty work has to be done in China? Or are you just making shit up?

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't true. There's a (millennia) long history of wanna-be powers, including the British and Americans, using corporate espionage to steal markets from other leading powers in their ascent to global power. If you want to read about real skullduggery and theft, check out Foreign Mud and read about the Opium Wars. Global power can be a brutal place to reside or be a party to, even when unwilling.

What I would agree with is that the Chinese autocratic government is weak and shortsighted, just as all autocracies are in the end. Their makeup of upfront theft by policy and corporate spying in the back is definitely duplicitous and wrong, for us as a world-beating producer and holder of intellectual property. As a scheme to vault into power, it's run of the mill, historically. This is, really, limiting their reach, which from your position you should be grateful for, since it limits true competition.

Make no mistake though, people are people and they're smart and savvy no matter where they're from, given a chance to prove it.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ina is the biggest thief of intellectual property the world has ever seen.

And they are not good (fair) players in the world market, not to mention the world’s biggest polluters, and resource hoarders.

But you go on and keep Cheerleading them.

But you go on and keep Cheerleading them. Trying to silence other opinions with the race card is lazy and weak.
its lazy and weak to box an entire culture into a narrative you see on western TV & Online. You have probably never been to China. I would wager you dont even know any Chinese people.
I am in no way attempting to "silence" other opinions, I agree with people and disagree with people and communicate both. Thats called a conversation - by accusing me of that you are trying to silence my opinion - which is a lazy and weak way of retorting to an opinion you disagree with.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This isn't true. There's a (millennia) long history of wanna-be powers, including the British and Americans, using corporate espionage to steal markets from other leading powers in their ascent to global power. If you want to read about real skullduggery and theft, check out Foreign Mud and read about the Opium Wars. Global power can be a brutal place to reside or be a party to, even when unwilling.

What I would agree with is that the Chinese autocratic government is weak and shortsighted, just as all autocracies are in the end. Their makeup of upfront theft by policy and corporate spying in the back is definitely duplicitous and wrong, for us as a world-beating producer and holder of intellectual property. As a scheme to vault into power, it's run of the mill, historically. This is, really, limiting their reach, which from your position you should be grateful for, since it limits true competition.

Make no mistake though, people are people and they're smart and savvy no matter where they're from, given a chance to prove it.
One example, its actually really hard to make quality tea : In 1848, the British East India Company sent Robert Fortune on a trip to China's interior, an area forbidden to foreigners. Fortune's mission was to steal the secrets of tea horticulture and manufacturing. The Scotsman donned a disguise and headed into the Wu Si Shan hills in a bold act of corporate espionage.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where did you see that warranty work has to be done in China? Or are you just making shit up?
If you read that entire post and didn't immediately come to the conclusion that it was a satirical take on Chinese products, then you must have never bought anything straight from China.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Chinese Bronco + Defender mix (Jetour Traveller) 1678155109722

Ford Bronco Chinese Bronco + Defender mix (Jetour Traveller) 1678155129221

Sponsored

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model