Sponsored

Chip shortage news. Ford layoffs only for this week.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I called the Bronco hotline last Thursday to check on my build date the rep said there were going to be shortages on the 2.7 chips for the next few weeks. They were trying to spread them around evenly to each model.🤷‍♂️

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure I remember Esteban or Jim say at some point that all chips would be allocated to Broncos due to the fact these are essentially pre sold vehicles. So much for that😳

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

I'll get excited when they close MAP because of a chip shortage.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure I remember Esteban or Jim say at some point that all chips would be allocated to Broncos due to the fact these are essentially pre sold vehicles. So much for that😳
Shouldn’t have believe that anyway. The cash cow of the company is the f-150 which uses that engine

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you read the article, the plant is shutting down because they’re not producing the F-150. They have the engines produced but they can’t ship them because there not shipping the engine racks back. I’m sure they’ll still be running the docks to ship the 2.7 to MAP. Farley said they have the semiconductors allocated for bronco production, unless he was lying which wouldn’t surprise me.

“The assembly plants don’t have the chips and can’t produce the vehicles, and our engines are just sitting at those plants. They’ve not sent the racks (that hold the engines during shipping) back to us and we have nowhere to put the engines,” Adams said.

“There’s not much we can do. If you’ve got nowhere to put engines you’ve got nowhere to put ‘em. It’s that simple.”

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

“There’s not much we can do. If you’ve got nowhere to put engines you’ve got nowhere to put ‘em. It’s that simple.”
Just throw them on a pallet and wrap them in saran wrap, that's what I got when i bought a replacement engine for my vw, and I only had to replace one oil pan and a couple of brackets! Can't believe how bad at this Ford is...

/s

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just throw them on a pallet and wrap them in saran wrap, that's what I got when i bought a replacement engine for my vw, and I only had to replace one oil pan and a couple of brackets! Can't believe how bad at this Ford is...

/s
Maybe if they didn’t use a plastic oil pan they could do it.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you read the article, the plant is shutting down because they’re not producing the F-150. They have the engines produced but they can’t ship them because there not shipping the engine racks back. I’m sure they’ll still be running the docks to ship the 2.7 to MAP. Farley said they have the semiconductors allocated for bronco production, unless he was lying which wouldn’t surprise me.

“The assembly plants don’t have the chips and can’t produce the vehicles, and our engines are just sitting at those plants. They’ve not sent the racks (that hold the engines during shipping) back to us and we have nowhere to put the engines,” Adams said.

Plenty of room on dirt mountain for some 2.7s to hang out /s