First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made the mistake of trying to put my doors back on alone and chipped the paint through my PPF down to the metal. I am sick over it and now have to figure out what to do. Am I better of taking to Ford for a repaint or the guy that did the ppf. It’s a very good shop that does work on all kinds of exotic cars so I have no reason to question skill. Just didn’t know if there would be a difference in paint getting it from ford vs a non-affiliated shop
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How bad of a chip? If it is a "chip", any auto body shop can probably airbrush it and you would never know. The chips on these Broncos seem to be never ending so I bought some paint and an airbrush at harbor freight and do it myself. If you want someone else to do it, it sounds like the place that did the ppf would be the place to go to since they would be the one redoing the ppf.

IceBender13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco sport,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It happens every now and then. I just use the ford paint pen for chips. The alternative is not taking the doors off. Like that’s going to happen. Last 85 days doors only went on for 11 days.

SpringBreak98

Black Diamond
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Slung a rock yesterday leaving the office and now have my first paint chip less than a month into owning it. Smaller than the size of a pin head.

Nobody I've shown my bronco to can even find it but I know where it is and it drives me insane. Might as well invest in a paint pen because I'm not putting ugly ass mud flaps on this thing.

Who do you guys recommend for paint pens?

OP
OP
Rubeo84

Rubeo84

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turns out it’s worse than I thought. I bent the bottom corner of the door too. Going to the body shop tomorrow morning to assess the damage

Sponsored

IceBender13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco sport,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Slung a rock yesterday leaving the office and now have my first paint chip less than a month into owning it. Smaller than the size of a pin head.

Nobody I've shown my bronco to can even find it but I know where it is and it drives me insane. Might as well invest in a paint pen because I'm not putting ugly ass mud flaps on this thing.

I purchased the ford pen. Ford paint, ford touch up. A couple of coats and it evens out. A chip is the least of the future issues I might have. Off road vehicle, I hope for no war wounds that are not to costly, unfortunately figured in with ownership. Enjoy the ride and don’t sweat the small stuff!

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s a off road vehicle……it’s going to get chips in the paint…..hell every car/truck on the road has chips in the paint.

SpringBreak98

Black Diamond
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased the ford pen. Ford paint, ford touch up. A couple of coats and it evens out. A chip is the least of the future issues I might have. Off road vehicle, I hope for no war wounds that are not to costly, unfortunately figured in with ownership. Enjoy the ride and don’t sweat the small stuff!
I didn't realize Ford has their own they sold. Got a link?

I already understood with the sasquatch those 35's were going to throw rocks and shit, I just didn't expect to have a chip in the paint in less than a month.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn’t have Eruption Green at the start of July when my Bronco arrived.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I already understood with the sasquatch those 35's were going to throw rocks and shit, I just didn't expect to have a chip in the paint in less than a month.
I got my AMB paint pen on ebay.

Screenshot_20220828-231939_eBay.jpg

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealers parts dept has most colors in stock. I believe they are $20 or $25. If you want to brush the paint on, I suggest getting a better/finer brush from an art supply or even Walmart. The brush that comes with the paint pens are horrible. Get a little acetone to clean up. The paint is laquer so it dries really fast.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I read the stories about sasquatch tires and rocks.
I had new Micky thompson baja boss at's waiting for when my Bronco showed up. Unfortunately had to wait for struts and ended up running the stock sasquatch tires for over 1000 miles.
Never again! I had my kids picking rocks out every time I parked. Those things are a joke.
The Micky thompson at's haven't picked up a rock yet. Only 300 miles into them though.
Sponsored