Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

translucent is not the only option but one of the options .... ceramic has similar tint tones to others but translucent as an extra option. Personally i like the 3 front windows I look thru to be as clear as possible for night driving. Its just a preference.
What makes ceramic tinting different is the amount UV light it lets thru compared to other tints. But the darkness tones are similar to other tints.
Just google it. You tube has great clips on it too.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Inside temperature, with the windows up on a Balmy Arizona summer day can only be compared to maybe Texas. So seat choices and sun deflectors are definitely in play.
Personally, I will get whatever seat material that comes stock and have it covered with a spill proof material such as this:

https://www.carid.com/rixxu/super-s...6rge0oKLEy2ZFiZILEJc8MFkz3KUAjjxoCv7sQAvD_BwE

THEN I would have all the glass covered with a well known Translucent Ceramic Window Tint :

https://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/ceramic-window-tint

thoughts??
I lived most of my life in Vegas and now live in AZ. Both places are so hot I usually get 6% tint all the way around, except the windshield obviously. I have been pulled over for traffic violations in both places and never had a cop even mention it. I think the unwritten law out here is that if you don't give a cop a reason to hassle you about it they will let it slide. I'm sure there are those "letter of the law" cops that would bust out the light meter and write you up for it but luckily I have never come across one.

The funny thing is I got pulled over in Cali one time and before the cop even got to my window he started saying that he pulled me over for my tint and no front plate but then noticed I had out of state plates and told me to have a nice day and sent me on my way.

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inside temperature, with the windows up on a Balmy Arizona summer day can only be compared to maybe Texas. So seat choices and sun deflectors are definitely in play.
Personally, I will get whatever seat material that comes stock and have it covered with a spill proof material such as this:

https://www.carid.com/rixxu/super-s...6rge0oKLEy2ZFiZILEJc8MFkz3KUAjjxoCv7sQAvD_BwE

THEN I would have all the glass covered with a well known Translucent Ceramic Window Tint :

https://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/ceramic-window-tint

thoughts??
I have had these covers in a Wrangler and loved the feel and protection they provided.

https://www.wetokole.com/

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I lived most of my life in Vegas and now live in AZ. Both places are so hot I usually get 6% tint all the way around, except the windshield obviously. I have been pulled over for traffic violations in both places and never had a cop even mention it. I think the unwritten law out here is that if you don't give a cop a reason to hassle you about it they will let it slide. I'm sure there are those "letter of the law" cops that would bust out the light meter and write you up for it but luckily I have never come across one.

The funny thing is I got pulled over in Cali one time and before the cop even got to my window he started saying that he pulled me over for my tint and no front plate but then noticed I had out of state plates and told me to have a nice day and sent me on my way.
hmmmmm you get pulled over a lot ha? .... LOL

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had these covers in a Wrangler and loved the feel and protection they provided.

https://www.wetokole.com/
I always like their seats, except for the price tag. I was looking at getting some for my vehicle but realized outfitting the whole car was just a bit cheaper then buying entirely new seats. I ended up with something similar to what I used in my old YJ with vinyl seats. Machine washable, light color, $45 bucks. Much more my speed. :)

Ford Bronco Choices for the HOT DAYZ 1597449013013

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It's funny you mention that.. Lived in AZ since the 80's and can remember years ago I had a 2000 Lightning with pretty dark tint... I was in a freeway on-ramp transition during rush hour, so going like 15mph, and got lit up...?? I pull over and figured immediately it was the tint...! So I rolled down both windows and a Highway patrolman that looked to be 6 months out of the academy comes around the passengers side very hot and tells me to roll up the window about 6"... I do and he puts a light meter on it and says I am not in compliance..! Looking back, I don't blame him, I'm sure Leo's have to deal with not being able to identify vehicle interiors with black out tint... He gave me a fix it ticket and sent me on my way... I agree, since then I've had darker than normal, but not ridiculously dark tint and not been "hassled"... I see the occasional out of state car with no tint and it just looks weird..!
Sponsored