Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am in the process of placing my order for my Outer Banks and the only difficulty that I’m having is choosing between a soft top or MIC top. I originally wanted the MIC top, but with the issues and delays I’m concerned with choosing it for next year. I live in an apartment, so I don’t have a garage or will be able to get one anytime soon. The Bronco will be my daily so it will be used in all weather and the top will have to hold up in the winter. I have never ordered a vehicle before or even a vehicle with a removal roof. I plan to order the two lockable safes for extra security with the soft top or just when having the roof off in general, but I’m also concerned with maintenance even though I plan to get a hard top at some point in the future. My question is since I don’t have a garage and for the maintenance and security purposes should I option the MIC top or get the soft top and get the hard top down the road when it becomes more available?
Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don't have anywhere to put it, it doesn't make sense to get a hard top. IMO.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decisions. Depends on how long you can wait. During a recent You tube live 2022 Order Banks Ford is still saying the fastest way to a Bronco is a soft top.

Personally I am not all that enamored with the looks of the MIC in the first place. Looks like a Ford Flex IMO.
Ford Bronco Choosing the soft top or MIC top for MY22 2019-Ford-Flex-02

I figured by going soft top it is $695 savings towards an aftermarket hardtop that I will actually want, and it will probably be more functional and better quality anyhow. I live way up in snow country and will need to get through at least one winter before a hardtop is available. Plenty of Jeeps do it up here so I'm not concerned. Either that or I would have been looking at this time next year or later before I was to see my Bronco.

Last edited:

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the process of placing my order for my Outer Banks and the only difficulty that I’m having is choosing between a soft top or MIC top. I originally wanted the MIC top, but with the issues and delays I’m concerned with choosing it for next year. I live in an apartment, so I don’t have a garage or will be able to get one anytime soon. The Bronco will be my daily so it will be used in all weather and the top will have to hold up in the winter. I have never ordered a vehicle before or even a vehicle with a removal roof. I plan to order the two lockable safes for extra security with the soft top or just when having the roof off in general, but I’m also concerned with maintenance even though I plan to get a hard top at some point in the future. My question is since I don’t have a garage and for the maintenance and security purposes should I option the MIC top or get the soft top and get the hard top down the road when it becomes more available?
Probably depends on your neighborhood and where you park. For instance, if I was parking on the street in Baltimore City - I would not order the soft top. If I am in the suburbs or a small town on the street or have off street parking - I would feel OK with the soft top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don't have anywhere to put it, it doesn't make sense to get a hard top. IMO.
That’s what I was thinking. I’m not sure if a garage will be available at my complex next year either. Plus with the MIC I honestly would probably only take the front and middle panels off.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For apartment living I'd recommend the hard top. More foot traffic around the parking lots means more people tempted to reach on in. If you can't garage it in bad weather (snow), that's another reason to go hard top. Pain in the ass when you want to have the roof off for the day, but you'll be better off for security and climate. If I wanted roof off, I'd leave it at a friends place for the day/storage locker/apartment garage. You get the idea.

OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Probably depends on your neighborhood and where you park. For instance, if I was parking on the street in Baltimore City - I would not order the soft top. If I am in the suburbs or a small town on the street or have off street parking - I would feel OK with the soft top.
I live in Tennessee and in a suburban area. I park in an open lot so no off street parking thankfully

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote hard.

Ours will be garaged at night, in a parking ramp at my wife's work or in a gated lot at my work. We planned on hard top when I was working in downtown Minneapolis but that has changed.

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door is a lot
quieter

than my wifes soft top.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally security reasoning between the tops is kinda silly to me. It just as fast or faster to break glass which thieves have no problem doing if they want something from your car. Also wonder how easy it would be to pry open the mod top of that was something someone wanted to do as well. But I do wonder how the soft top will hold, ima have mine outside 24/7 so I guess I'll find out lmao

OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally security reasoning between the tops is kinda silly to me. It just as fast or faster to break glass which thieves have no problem doing if they want something from your car. Also wonder how easy it would be to pry open the mod top of that was something someone wanted to do as well. But I do wonder how the soft top will hold, ima have mine outside 24/7 so I guess I'll find out lmao
That’s true. People can break into anything. I’m not worried about privacy because I plan to get 5% tint on the sides and 30% on the windshield so to me that helps with security anyways and makes it harder to break glass. I might take my chances with the soft top since I found out that I can rent a garage and I’ll look at maybe an MIC top when Ford gets things truly fixed or a better aftermarket later for winter months.

2021-SEMA-Broncos-1024x701 2.jpeg

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s true. People can break into anything. I’m not worried about privacy because I plan to get 5% tint on the sides and 30% on the windshield so to me that helps with security anyways and makes it harder to break glass. I might take my chances with the soft top since I found out that I can rent a garage and I’ll look at maybe an MIC top when Ford gets things truly fixed or a better aftermarket later for winter months.
Yea, I'm definitely going to move to a hard top, only decided on the soft top to get it faster. But I want to eventually put roof rails to overland with eventually. The soft top seems pretty tough from when looking at it in person so I'm sire it will be fine be outside 24/7 I have a garage but do not use it for my vehicles lol

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am staying with the MIC top. I live in Vegas and the soft top sucks in the summer months.
Sponsored