Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched to soft top and should hopefully get mine in the first weeks of December. Originally wanted the MIC, but the issues with it had me switch to soft. Now that MIC 2.0 is out there, I hope all the issues are resolved and the tops are flawless, but lets say my confidence isn't that strong. That and the realization that I don't really have any where to put the hard top if I take it off
Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing several soft tops in person (and driving a demo for 2 days) I'd rather wait than get one. I really dislike the soft top look in general but the Bronco's is really bad.

It would annoy me to no end having to look at it.

Oh... and I'm 2dr crew so doesn't matter anyway lol

OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched to soft top and should hopefully get mine in the first weeks of December. Originally wanted the MIC, but the issues with it had me switch to soft. Now that MIC 2.0 is out there, I hope all the issues are resolved and the tops are flawless, but lets say my confidence isn't that strong. That and the realization that I don't really have any where to put the hard top if I take it off
That's awesome that you're getting one in December congrats. Yea I have been thinking about where to store it if I am unable to get a garage. I may need to schedule a test drive of one with a soft top just to be sure, but I've heard that they MIC takes two people to take off even the middle piece which sucks if I can't at least get the first two plus the middle off by myself and store them in the cargo area. Can the middle piece even fit in the back?

OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After seeing several soft tops in person (and driving a demo for 2 days) I'd rather wait than get one. I really dislike the soft top look in general but the Bronco's is really bad.

It would annoy me to no end having to look at it.

Oh... and I'm 2dr crew so doesn't matter anyway lol
I won't lie those side windows don't look good. The windows to me are the main part that needs work.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's awesome that you're getting one in December congrats. Yea I have been thinking about where to store it if I am unable to get a garage. I may need to schedule a test drive of one with a soft top just to be sure, but I've heard that they MIC takes two people to take off even the middle piece which sucks if I can't at least get the first two plus the middle off by myself and store them in the cargo area. Can the middle piece even fit in the back?
Thanks, I mean I have a garage and could put in in my parking space, but then I have to either put it back on or leave my bronco outside with no top on so soft top it was. I did get a chance to test drive a soft top and it wasn't any noiser than I expected. If it's cold in the winter well that's what remote start is for. Only thing I am nervous about is the up keep on it to keep it looking good.

Sponsored

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I originally ordered a MIC but switched to soft. Plan to add the modular when it is available. I had a hard top jeep and storage of the hardtop is a legit concern if you want to want to spend considerable time with the top off. I also plan to add the lock boxes and will just leave the doors unlocked over night.

OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, I mean I have a garage and could put in in my parking space, but then I have to either put it back on or leave my bronco outside with no top on so soft top it was. I did get a chance to test drive a soft top and it wasn't any noiser than I expected. If it's cold in the winter well that's what remote start is for. Only thing I am nervous about is the up keep on it to keep it looking good.
I'm not sure about maintenance on them, but I think as long as you store them with like sheets or towels in between them and keep the widow parts from getting scratched as well as only hand washing and spraying it should keep it looking good.

OP
OP
DBrab_1914

DBrab_1914

Outer Banks
First Name
Donte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I originally ordered a MIC but switched to soft. Plan to add the modular when it is available. I had a hard top jeep and storage of the hardtop is a legit concern if you want to want to spend considerable time with the top off. I also plan to add the lock boxes and will just leave the doors unlocked over night.
I keep forgetting that the Mod top is coming. If I do still keep the soft top on my order at least we get the prep kits to buy a top later. I have the lock boxes on my order too I think it's a must have if you want to ride around with the top off pretty often. With me living in Blount County and being close to Knoxville I think having the soft top in our weather will be alright.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went back and forth and finally when Ford announced they'd offer the 'hard top prep kit' for free I switched to soft top and got my VIN shortly after. Been enjoying the heck out of it for the last two weeks, so easy to open and close, I'm sure if I'd have to deal with panels I'd have been open half the time, if that. Also great to close it up on the freeway and then open it up where you want to go, way too cumbersome with the hard top and no, the rear panel won't fit inside.
I park outdoors 24/7, garage is my 'basement' and workshop and hasn't seen a car in it in decades. I'm sure it'll hold up fine.
I also don't mind the looks, the windows give everyone the Bronco Wave(tm) so I don't have to ;-)
Really does not bother me one bit, noting I even look at.

Security is exactly the same, the vast majority of car break ins are in hard top with glass models, by a huge percentage. It's only more 'secure' in people's head.

I don't have a clue what climate you have in TN, if winters are not blizzards you'll be fine. I get frost on my windows here in winter, remote start will (finally!!) take care of that on all windows. And quite some people posted in other threads here that they had soft top where there's real winter with lots of snow for many years with no issues.

One thing to keep in mind, in years from now the fabric might need replacing on (any) soft top. But a plastic hard top probably won't look all that rosy by then either. Having a roof that comes off comes with compromises.

As for noise, very quiet in normal driving, at freeway speed over 70MpH it sounds like a rear window is slightly open, really not bothersome.

Definitely see about test driving one somewhere, I would not switch for anything for now, one of the main reasons to buy this was the convertible aspect, as I'm sadly far from any nice trails, but the weather is open roof weather for a large part of the year.
Sponsored