Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang, Lancer Evolution 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like many 2-door Bronco owners, I found only expensive options when it came to rock rails. It seemed everywhere I looked all I could find were 4-door rails, and even if a pair of OEM 2-door rails showed up, they were across the country. Fortunately, as I demonstrate below, you can chop the factory 4-door rails to fit your 2-door, with minimal skills and tools required.

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImage2Gyxd

First off I sourced a pair of OEM rock rails for a 4-door, which should cost you around $200 used (or less). Make sure to have them include all the hardware and brackets, I forgot to grab the pair of center OEM brackets which will be needed. Part numbers for those are M2DZ-54200B39-A, M2DZ-54200B38-A.

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImagetkUKtt

Clean them up and remove end caps. These are held in with a single torx screw and a plastic clip. After removing the caps, mark where you want to make your cut. I cut mine right at the rear bracket, which was roughly 15.5in of material removed. Measure your angles carefully as there's no going back now.

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImageRceJmK

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImageeYnBVc

Using a sawzall or other cutting tool, carefully cut through the metal along the tape lines. The metal closest to the bracket mounts is thick, and will take some time to get through. After removing the rail portion, go over it with a grinding tool to flatten out any rough edges. At this time, you can mark out where the holes should go for the torx screw and plastic clips. Simply drill them out and it will start looking like the OEM panel!

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImageLe8vBP

After you've finished cutting and drilling, test fit the end caps to make sure everything lines up. If all is well, you can go ahead and mount the rails to the car. The front brackets are identical to the 4dr, and the (formerly center) rear brackets will line up perfectly using the brackets I mentioned earlier.

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImagepvwpe2

Ford Bronco Chopping / Cutting 4-Door Rock Rails to Fit 2-Door Bronco tempImageiYg0r3

Considering a new set will run nearly $700 or more with tax and shipping, this was an excellent mod for $100 and about an hour of work. This method may also work for some aftermarket rail options, but I can't verify that right now. I hope this helps some of you, I think it really helps clean up the look of the 2-door!
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks sweet, nice job!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cutting up moar door parts should be illegal...

Creative thinking though - Looks great!

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very nice

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clean…..😎

Sponsored

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
American ingenuity; the best. Excellent job.:cool:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Wampa If you want a front mudflap option for these, check with @Biltwild - he has something he’s been working on.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cool! Now get to work on factory sidesteps!

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there any other options to cover up that area on the 2 door? It looks naked as it is from the factory- especially with the slots and threaded holes showing. This rock rails are super pricey to me for what you get. I was thinking to fabricate some aluminum or steel strips, nice coat of black paint and just bolt them on?

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very Nice. I have been working on a set from scratch for my 2 door.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there any other options to cover up that area on the 2 door? It looks naked as it is from the factory- especially with the slots and threaded holes showing. This rock rails are super pricey to me for what you get. I was thinking to fabricate some aluminum or steel strips, nice coat of black paint and just bolt them on?
Sure if all you want is looks and no function.
Sponsored